Official October Tour performances on VHS or DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snowlock

Refugee
Please move if in the wrong place. I searched the general tour discussion section, but that appears dead as Dillinger..

Does anyone know if there are any official releases of any performances from the October Tour? Even Boy has the I Will Follow performance on the Old Grey Whistle Test dvd and Rattle & Hum has the God Part II peformance from Sydney that was briefly released on iTunes a couple years ago.

But nothing from October? Not one Gloria even?

Achtung Bootlegs lists five shows that were pro-shot: AchtungBootlegs.com ?|? The U2 Bootleg Archive

However, none of them were officially released. I'm assume one could get DVDs of the shows from U2Torrents... but don't expect the best of quality. Shows that sit on VHS tapes for twenty years before being transferred to a computer aren't usually in the best shape in the world.

Actually, though, a Berlin show was re-broadcast at some point in 1998, and a DVD of that re-broadcast is available:

http://u2torrents.com/torrents-details.php?id=3515

Keep in mind that this is PAL, so not many DVD players in North America play it. Computers will, though. And you'll need a U2Torrents account to download this (accounts can be a little hard to get).

Back
Top Bottom