Of the Remastered Disc thus far........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
is there anything that you feel was missed out on/not included in the bonus material that was released to accompany the original CDs.
I have to say...im a little dissapointed by the fact that the AB anniversary versions will contain Zoo Tv Live from Sydney. Probably a high percentage of those who are going to bother buying such a set...will already have this DVD, and i find it a bit of a cop out to include it. So...is there anything you think should have been included in the other box sets. Try and keep it to stuff that actually exists, rather than speculate. Could be a song, could be a remix could be a live performance (entire or other)

yeah, as you said, the only disappointment is the inclusion of Sydney. i would have even taken the Outside Broadcast special that aired on Fox over a full concert if i knew we were getting Sydney again.

Sydney is a big cock up.

Sure - release that as a double with the standard remastered album, as a way of fleecing a few more dollars out of the casuals, but with the Super/Uber packs, they know they're only selling to the hardcore, so it just seems... kinda rude really.

Agreed Earnie. I would've loved to have any other show than Sydney. Because, y'know, I already have that. And the audio has even been a U2.com fanclub gift. So how on earth would anybody who's willing to shell out the money for this boxset NOT have this?

Would've loved a ZooTv show instead. Stockholm or Dublin or Washington would've been ace.

Why are they still releasing anything on DVD's anymore? Don't they know Blu-Ray's are the big thing now?

Why are they still releasing anything on DVD's anymore? Don't they know Blu-Ray's are the big thing now?

Probs coz its the safe option. ... as most people will have something to play DVDs on, but fewer people will have Blue Ray access

After all this time, and you still don't speak McGuinness? They'll release the documentary separately on Blu Ray a few months later - it's the exciting, exclusive opportunity to buy it again!

The only real disappointment, I guess, would be my expectation of Zooropa b-sides... why include the record if they're not going to do anything special with it?

But as a strictly AB release... I'm content (minus pricing, of course) :)

I agree that Zooropa gets overlooked a bit. There are some Lemon and Numb remixes, but no Slow Dancing, I've Got You Under My Skin, Stay (Underdog Mix), or the alternate soundtrack versions of Stay and Wanderer. Plus, like others, I was really hoping for a version of Wanderer with Bono on vocals.

Nevertheless, I'm forking over $$ for the super deluxe...

i see that u2.com's store has added a heading for achtung baby...currently only four shirts....

maybe they'll add more stuff (inflatable trabant, fly glasses (yes, they're in the uber box, but i'd like a pair without paying the uber price), etc)..

still hoping (without reason) that they'll put the zooropa baby shirt back up for sale..

I'm surprised they didn't reprint the zoo dollars with bono's face on them...

They used up all of them at the Crew party in Montreal. :wink:
341342431.jpg

Band faces were on 20s, Paul or Arthur on 10s and the 1s were all crew members. :wink: U2 crew knows how to party.

I'm still hoping Zooropa gets its own re-release further down the line. There are Zooropa tracks and remixes galore to be had. Maybe? One can hope right?
And yeah Sydney is a cop-out. If it was Blu-Ray I'd let it slide but I was hoping for an indoor show or the Fox special, hell I'd take the Interference special that was on VHS.

So far I have tended to just get the 2CD sets... until I looked closer.

CD2 standard reissue;

01. Lady with the spinning head (UV1)
02. Blow Your House – Analogue Mix Bono Edit 190711
03. Salome
04. Even Better Than the Real Thing (Single)
05. Satelite of love
06. Wild Horses (Temple Bar Remix)
07. Paint it black
08. Real Thing (Fish out of water mix)
09. Mysterious Ways (The Perfecto Remix)
10. Night and Day (Steel string remix)
11. The Lounge fly mix
12. Fortunate Son
13. Alex Descends into Hell for a bottle of Milk/Korova
14. Where did it all go wrong

and then this version from the 6 CD set;

01. Lady with the spinning head (UV1)
02. Blow Your House – Analogue Mix Bono Edit 190711
03. Salome
04. Even Better Than the Real Thing (Single)
05. Satelite of love
06. Wild Horses (Temple Bar Remix)
07. Heaven And Hell – In Truth Mix 211711
08. Oh Berlin – Analogue Mix 1 190711 (needs an edit)
09. Near the Island (instr) Night train from Rostock.
10. Down All The Days (Vsn 1) [CD#4/07] (needs edits)

11. Paint it black
12. Fortunate Son
13. Alex Descends into Hell for a bottle of Milk/Korova
14. Where did it all go wrong
15. Everybody loves a winner edit between take 2+3
16. Real Thing (Fish out of water mix)

So why not put that latter disc as the one to accompany the basic remaster?

ah... silly question!

So why not put that latter disc as the one to accompany the basic remaster?
What, you don't want a 2nd disc packed with shitty remixes? They're added value!

Never bought one of these re-releases, never going to. I can find the 2 or 3 scraps of worthwhile material on the internet. For example, I will definitely be downloading the sticker sheet and printing those off.

Maybe the addition of the u2 rings that edge wears on the cover could have been nice.

My only problems with this release are the DVD content (Sydney DVD, weak) and that The Wanderer with Bono on vocals was not included. I think most of the demo material from Zooropa was used or worked on for use with POP. So I think that most of that material will appear on a set for that album if it ever happens.

I would give this release an A- or B+. The new unreleased songs and the demo of the entire album and a few new remixes all look interesting. Not to mention Achtung did need to be remastered. So I will look forward to a remastered copy of the album as well (I hope they did as good of a job remastering it as they did with JT). So if the remastering is up to par, A-, if they screw that up B+.

Back
Top Bottom