Odd Question about The Lounge Fly (Mix)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheLoungeFly

The Fly
Hello! I'm not really sure where this is supposed to go, since I just signed up a couple days ago, but this seems like the place to get answers. I just tracked down a copy of The Fly single and I've been listening to it on repeat for days now, and in doing so I've found myself with questions.

So, U2 gurus, tell me: The CD case says "The Lounge Fly (Mix)." AtU2.com says "The Fly (Lounge Fly mix)." And U2.com says "The Lounge Fly Mix," no parentheses.

So what is this song called?! What is the most correct way to write out the name? And if I were to discuss this song in person with someone, what would I call it? Would I talk about "The Lounge Fly" or "The Lounge Fly Mix?"

Also, does Bono say "Achtung Baby" in The Lounge Fly (Mix)? <--tentative parentheses

I can hear what my brother would call "a disturbance in the Force" in the spot where the whisper should be, but I can't really tell if it's Bono or if it's just a music sound. Does anyone know about this?

Thank you for your help! I will ask The Fly to swing by and bring you all some cookies later. :applaud:

To me The Fly(lounge fly mix) makes the most sense.

It's been forever sense I've listened to it, but if I remember right he does say "achtung baby". I think they made it more prominent for the video.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I have it catalogued as The Lounge Fly Mix. That's also what it says on my CD-single which I bought back in 1991. And isn't it also written down like that on the Achtung Baby deluxe remaster from a couple of years ago?

Thank you so much to both of you!

It makes sense that they'd bring the Achtung, baby to the forefront for the video. I'm glad I'm not crazy! :D

I did a quick Google search and from what I can tell, the remastered version does read The Lounge Fly Mix.

That's very helpful! :bono:

It's probably more useful to label it The Fly (Lounge Fly Mix), but in conversation I always refer to it as simply The Lounge Fly.

It's probably more useful to label it The Fly (Lounge Fly Mix), but in conversation I always refer to it as simply The Lounge Fly.

That is super helpful! I'm never what to do when it comes to odd titles and parentheses. Now I can actually have an intelligent conversation about it without sounding like a moron. Thank you!

That is super helpful! I'm never what to do when it comes to odd titles and parentheses. Now I can actually have an intelligent conversation about it without sounding like a moron. Thank you!
Has the video version of The Fly ever been officially released?
The video version has a different intro (Fat Lady).

Has the video version of The Fly ever been officially released?
The video version has a different intro (Fat Lady).

I think it was released with the Best Of 1990-2000 DVD, which I do not have, I'm afraid, so I can't be sure. I've seen the video on YouTube and I recognized it as having that Lounge Fly sound. So is the video snippet part of the Lounge Fly, or is it a completely different version?

The music video for The Fly (which is indeed on the 1990-2000 DVD) contains a 30-second clip of The Lounge Fly's intro before the studio version of The Fly starts in earnest.

An audio rip of the music video mix does not exist in commercial form, to my knowledge, but it wouldn't be tough to piece it together in Audacity or whatever.

The music video for The Fly (which is indeed on the 1990-2000 DVD) contains a 30-second clip of The Lounge Fly's intro before the studio version of The Fly starts in earnest.

An audio rip of the music video mix does not exist in commercial form, to my knowledge, but it wouldn't be tough to piece it together in Audacity or whatever.

Awesome! Thanks, LemonMelon! You're the best! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom