Not Like You Didn't Already Know But Probably Forgot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Elevation Tour version was epic, especially the 3rd leg after 9/11. Otherwise, from a studio version perspective, I'd put it in the 50 or 60 U2 songs.

I don't listen to alot of studio U2, to be honest, so while what you say is probably true, I find that to be the case with alot of their songs. Live is where it's at with U2 for me.

I don't listen to alot of studio U2, to be honest, so while what you say is probably true, I find that to be the case with alot of their songs. Live is where it's at with U2 for me.

Agreed. For funsies, I listened to the "Under A Blood Red Sky" live EP on the way to work this morning, and I remember thinking how I prefered every song live over the studio version.

Superb performance! I used to watch this video very often. Walk On @ 360 was just average though.

Agreed, definatley lost some of its thunder on 360... And don't get me started on those creepy-ass masks :no:

That reminds me, I pissed off one of the people handing them out when I asked them if they had any Aaron Rodgers masks instead.

That reminds me, I pissed off one of the people handing them out when I asked them if they had any Aaron Rodgers masks instead.

Awesome.

My favorite version remains the one from the Grammys with the gospel choir.

Although my memory failed me ... I thought I'd remembered there being an actual choir on stage with them, but I recently watched the video again, and they're hidden (or recorded).

AMAZING! It's performances like this that remind me why I LOVE this band! Thank you so much for posting!

Awesome.

My favorite version remains the one from the Grammys with the gospel choir.

Although my memory failed me ... I thought I'd remembered there being an actual choir on stage with them, but I recently watched the video again, and they're hidden (or recorded).

I like this one too, where it's not a full choir per se but some backup singers

U2 Walk On 9/11/01 Tribute - YouTube

eta: thanks mods! ;)

Thanks for posting this. I always open these videos thinking, "ok, I'll watch for a few seconds and then carry on with my life," and then I always get sucked into watching the whole thing and end up adding it to my favorites list to watch again later. I guess they're just that good.

I walked around for years thinking that I didn't care for Walk On, but then I heard it live for the first time on 360, and it was my emotional climax of the tour I think. Such an amazing song.

Never heard this version, it's pretty great! :up:

I walked around for years thinking that I didn't care for Walk On, but then I heard it live for the first time on 360, and it was my emotional climax of the tour I think. Such an amazing song.

Yes, I loved hearing Walk On on 360, it was great. The Elevation version is also one of my favorites, it was a great closer.

If my memory serves me correctly, I think it's Moleigh, Natalie Imbruglia (who was working with Dave Stewart at the time on something) and Morleigh's brother. Not 100% on the brother but I think that's I saw somewhere, shortly after it aired.

Is there anything in U2 that isn't total cheese?

Very little. Very, very little.

Therein lies their brilliance.

Nobody ran home with a copy of "The Unforgettable Fire", called up their buddies, and had a group mind fuck/cry to "Bad." You had to find that shit on your own.

Back
Top Bottom