North Star confirmed in Transformers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So people are thinking RedOne producing a U2 song is a good thing?

I think U2 releasing a song now produced by RedOne is a good thing since they won't move forward with his sessions. As a one-off, I don't mind it. Move forward with danger Mouse...not that RedOne+U2 is a good idea.

Some would say that it's U2's destiny to be in this film. Too bad they weren't in all three like Muse did with Twilight. That was so awesome man.

Yeah, but this was not a 'big n' dumb' project. They took risks into an unknown area.
If they wanted to write the new theme song to Monday night Football they could do that too, probably in their sleep.

I mean this is the band that released "Passengers", so WTF?

I don't disagree with your assessment whatsoever, but if you listen to the German clip of it you can hear a little more of the song - some guitar, piano, drumming and Bono singing the first verse. It took me a minute to realize that's what people were referring to, and not the version in English with the piano only.

Cheers!

Everytime Bono and Edge has done a side project before they start working on a new album things have turned out ok. Edge and Bono messed around before Joshua Tree, Edge and Bono both worked on the Clockwork Orange stage play before they started AB. Hopefully they'll have some good shit for whatever they're doing next.

How on earth are people thinking they can tell anything from this song?

There's too much talking, and all of what... 2 chords played on a piano? Seriously people are blowing a nut over this?

From what it sounds like on the tour, I am as excited as anyone to hear the full version, but come on guys, mountains and molehills and all that

You can really make it out if you see the movie.. The dialogue is over it, but in a theater it is crystal clear and you can really get a feel for the production.

Steve's location says New Jersey and he said he saw the movie and heard the song just a few posts up.

Saw it at the 1:10 show today.. The song is there in 2 parts, but it's longer in the first part. You can really hear it and get a feel for the production.

lol, I haven't heard anyone say that :drunk:

It's not a bad thing, but it's nothing new or groundbreaking..There is no ounce ounce ounce or anything and no thundering beat. Sounds like Original of the Species almost. Nothing new and exciting.. Has their mid 00s sound and is quite forgettable

How on earth are people thinking they can tell anything from this song?

There's too much talking, and all of what... 2 chords played on a piano? Seriously people are blowing a nut over this?

Well, there are ways to filter out the dialogue. :shifty::evil:

EDIT: Oh, I assume you mean the English version? I meant Das Glücksbunny version.

That weird bow bow bow ("for my love?") effect that plays a few times almost seems like a hint of "Take My Breath Away" from Top Gun.

Good catch! I had a feeling that it was familiar but couldn't put my finger on it!

:nerd:And that's probably a rotary speaker effect on Edge's guitar giving it that sound.:reject:

so i'm guessing by the fact that they're playing it live again probably means that the song will be released soon. maybe just an itunes download or something.

i hope that the song is better than what i've heard so far in both the live versions and the movie clip.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom