North Star confirmed in Transformers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sorry folks. i can't do any sending at work.

maybe we should have our own request thread.

i'm still confused and wondering if this will be officially released. i'm still not a huge fan of the song and i don't know that the studio version will win me over, but i guess it would still be cool to have a new track.

sorry folks. i can't do any sending at work.

maybe we should have our own request thread.

i'm still confused and wondering if this will be officially released. i'm still not a huge fan of the song and i don't know that the studio version will win me over, but i guess it would still be cool to have a new track.

I think the time is right for U2 to release this as a full single. Just after Glasto and currently touring in the USA- their profile is relatively high at the moment, so they may as well get it out there.

I think the time is right for U2 to release this as a full single. Just after Glasto and currently touring in the USA- their profile is relatively high at the moment, so they may as well get it out there.

agreed. it's not like it would hurt them to release a quick Itunes single and donate the funds to some charity. it's a poppy enough song where people will be attracted to it, but most likely not something embarrassing enough to give them bad press.

agreed. it's not like it would hurt them to release a quick Itunes single and donate the funds to some charity. it's a poppy enough song where people will be attracted to it, but most likely not something embarrassing enough to give them bad press.

Of all the new songs, I still think Glasto was the most radio friendly. Now I'm using the live performances of North Star and Every Breaking Wave and Mercy to compare to.

But for a one off type summer song, I think Glas is perfect.

Who knows though, maybe North Star sounds pretty good with the finished studio version.

Why didn't U2 release a 360 EP? They could have even just sold it at the shows and on u2.com. All donations to some kind of charity.

Biggest tour in the history of music and we get a 3 song vinyl....

Yep, and it's tied in with a big summer movie, which doesn't hurt. They should do it.

They should donate it to the IRS! (That'd be the Irish Revenue Service.)

Y'know, I like this song, and I really liked the quiet electric versions of it on the euro leg of the tour. But if the band is dumping this in a movie, then they don't think it's that great. Maybe they really are looking for something new, and this was just a little too "been there, done that."

Y'know, I like this song, and I really liked the quiet electric versions of it on the euro leg of the tour. But if the band is dumping this in a movie, then they don't think it's that great. Maybe they really are looking for something new, and this was just a little too "been there, done that."

i kind of hope that has happened. North Star really struck me as a step back into 00's u2 after they fought so hard to get out with NLOTH, and then (perhaps) by hiring danger mouse.

I also found it strange that a large chunk of the new songs debuted live were leftovers. Now, putting together unreleased songs, freshening them up in the studio and putting them out mid tour would be great. But i don't think i'd want that with a whole new album (particularly because i want u2 to break away from that 00's sound).

Why didn't U2 release a 360 EP? They could have even just sold it at the shows and on u2.com. All donations to some kind of charity.

Biggest tour in the history of music and we get a 3 song vinyl....

I bet it will either be on an exclusive fan club release or "The Best of 2000-2010" (IDK if that is actually happening, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they made another compilation album...)

Aftre listening a few times I think this might be a Danger Mouse production. It sounds very airy and open, and Bono doesn't sing until the 40 second mark, which is pretty late. There's also som string parts, and while Eno/Lanios do strings, DM recent Rome project had amazing, lush string sections.

Aftre listening a few times I think this might be a Danger Mouse production. It sounds very airy and open, and Bono doesn't sing until the 40 second mark, which is pretty late. There's also som string parts, and while Eno/Lanios do strings, DM recent Rome project had amazing, lush string sections.

The movie credits RedOne as producer. I don't think it makes much sense to "think" it might be someone else when the movie credits say otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom