Noel wants U2 to support Oasis at Slane 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

windylad72

The Fly
Noel wants U2 to support Oasis

Published: 16 Oct 2008
rigTeaserImage
NOEL GALLAGHER wants U2 to support OASIS at their mega-gig next year.

LIAM's big bruv reckons BONO and his pals are the perfect group to share the stage at Slane Castle in June.

The Champagne Supernova star posed with bandmate GEM ARCHER on the stunning grounds in the Republic of Ireland as they announced plans to gig there next year.

Peace ... Noel and Gem

Peace ... Noel and Gem

BIG

The grand venue has played host to legendary acts including QUEEN, DAVID BOWIE, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS and MADONNA.

Oasis first rocked out on the grounds supporting REM back in 1995.

With a crowd of over 70,000 fans expected, maybe they should add a few more acts to the bill and turn it into a mini festival.

does that no talent ass clown not realize that U2 are 124617410564 times bigger in Ireland than Oasis can even imagine?

The U2 supporting remark was a joke,
Noel said he wanted just Bono to support Oasis and for him just to tell jokes!
he knows U2 would NEVER support Oasis as there a much bigger act!
anyway "The Prodigy" are annouced to be supporting and Id say the other support acts will be of less legendary status, probably "Kasabian" or the likes, Slane has always had 4 or 5 bands playing through out the day, it always has been organized as a mini festival, with the exception of 1985 when BRUCE "THE BOSS" SPRINGSTEEN rocked out for 4 hours with no support :rockon::rockon::rockon: ,

Oh my god, Oasis, The Prodigy, Kasabian all on the bill! That's like 3 of my favourite bands in one day lol. Why don't I live in Ireland?!?

Oh my god, Oasis, The Prodigy, Kasabian all on the bill! That's like 3 of my favourite bands in one day lol. Why don't I live in Ireland?!?

Well Kasabian are not confirmed yet, I just presume they will be as there supporting Oasis on the rest of there tour, so there is a good chance you could catch the two of them live in your area, as for The Prodigy, yep there offically confirmerd, "The Enemy" will probably be playing too, I never heard of them, anyone know if there any good? I think there a new small English band they will prolly open the show,

Im keeping my fingers crossed for the Classic Beatles to be added to the bill! :hyper:

Well Kasabian are not confirmed yet, I just presume they will be as there supporting Oasis on the rest of there tour, so there is a good chance you could catch the two of them live in your area, as for The Prodigy, yep there offically confirmerd, "The Enemy" will probably be playing too, I never heard of them, anyone know if there any good? I think there a new small English band they will prolly open the show,

Im keeping my fingers crossed for the Classic Beatles to be added to the bill! :hyper:

Yeh, I'm going to see Prodigy in a small club in December so can't wait for that. Kasabian were amazing when I saw them a couple of years ago on their last tour; one of the few modern bands I'm really excited about. The Enemy are kinda love-em-or-hate-em in the UK. Personally I think they have a handful of decent catchy songs but they sound like they're trying to be The Jam too much, plus Tom Clarke the singer is an ugly little twat so far as I can tell. I saw them supporting Stereophonics a year ago - they were good, nothing to write home about though.

This quote is the greatest thing the Office Space movie bestowed onto us.

lol it's so true. I just enjoy quoting that movie. I do it as often as I can in everyday life.

In all honestly, I like Oasis, mostly the older stuff. Noel wrote some great songs. For my money, it doesn't get any better than when Noel Gallagher sings "Half the world away"

I like Noel 'cos he says it like it is. He's always said how important it is to write your own songs. He would've told the destitute horse to write her own songs. I wonder what he thought of MJB ruining One with her obnoxious vocal runs.

But Bono has no self respect in himself

I like Noel 'cos he says it like it is. He's always said how important it is to write your own songs. He would've told the destitute horse to write her own songs. I wonder what he thought of MJB ruining One with her obnoxious vocal runs.

But Bono has no self respect in himself

:lol: You are a one track minded whiner. And your issue is old and insignificant...

You don't think Oasis hasn't done covers?

And btw U2 had to agree to the cover not just Bono.

:lol:.

Oasis are probably too arrogant in my opinion to realise that U2 are much, much bigger than them it's not even funny. :lol:

:reject:

HA! Oh Oasis.... Who thought their ego would last for over 10 years of not even being slightly relevant anymore..... :doh:

Oasis has some great songs way back in their discography, but seriously- What?! :ohmy:

Why not?
It would go down in history as the greatest gig ever

If both sides put away their egos for the day imagine it

U2 the token Irish act - they would sell millions of DVD's of it

Back
Top Bottom