Noel Gallagher loves U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2One

War Child
Since he's been all over the news recently (at least the European media) because of his new record, Noel Gallagher has had the chance to express some of his adoration for U2. Thought you all might appreciate some wisdom from the smarter, more talented Gallagher brother....Enjoy....

The Quietus | Features | Baker's Dozen | Noel Gallagher Selects His Thirteen Favourite Albums

Noel Gallagher - 'I've Always Loved U2' - NMETV Latest Music Videos and Clips | - NME.COM

He also stated in a recent interview that Adam Clayton bought a house down the street from him, not that that makes him any bigger of a U2 fan, but just a fun little tidbit

I think the key is that Noel actually took the time to look at the music and themes of the songs. When you do that you can fight for U2 when someone calls them "shite".

Wow Seconds? That's one I certainly didn't expect. :lol: Pretty cool!

Which one of the Gallagher brothers was the one that claimed U2 was shite a few years ago?

So Noel Gallagher and Chris Martin actually have something in common?! Who'd thunk it? ;) I can picture the two of them discussing The Joshua Tree over a nice steaming bowl of lentil soup and herbal tea. Fair trade, of course.

Wow Seconds? That's one I certainly didn't expect. :lol: Pretty cool!

Which one of the Gallagher brothers was the one that claimed U2 was shite a few years ago?

Well lets work on this...

Noel is a nice person... Liam is a douchebag...

I'd imagine it was Liam. Just speculation though.

Liam, obviously. :lol:

Bitter breakup?

7ncfk92x0x1jfc9j.jpg

:lol: Yeah, that's what confused me. I thought Liam was the U2 lover, as he's in those pics.

So what made him do a complete 180 then? Was Bono that bad of a kisser? :wink:

So, because they opened shows back in 1997 all the comments saying U2 are shit Liam made years later are void? Yeah, that's real logic there.

Oasis opened a few U2 shows on Popmart. I doubt they hate U2.

Liam also developed an ego where he thought he was the reincarnation of John Lennon. I'm sure at that point is where he thinks he's larger than life and feels the need to try and compete. And I'm no Oasis buff, but I'm sure that's a huge point on where Noel and Liam differed.

Noel actualy said his favourite gig ever was a zoo tv gig in manchester he said it changed his whole outlook about wanting to be in a band.

Noel loves u2 and he has never hid from that. He gave them the award for the outstanding contribution for music at the brits in 2000

Liam has said good things and sort of bad things about them.the story in u2 by u2 when oasis supported u2 is a classic. Bono drank them all under the table

Galeongirl said:
They just hate us, the U2 fans. :wink: Not the band.

To quote tom meighan out of kasabian he said

"he loved being with and watching u2"

He said "he didnt learn anything because its a totally different level and that the crowd was crap basically"

He never said anything bad towards u2 infact he gave them a compliment.its the crowd he didnt like!

To quote tom meighan out of kasabian he said

"he loved being with and watching u2"

He said "he didnt learn anything because its a totally different level and that the crowd was crap basically"

He never said anything bad towards u2 infact he gave them a compliment.its the crowd he didnt like!

Why do you quote me with that? I just said the exact same you thing you said...

Back
Top Bottom