No talk about Lee's Beautiful Day performance on American Idol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol:

I find myself using that picture more and more these days. It's just so appropriate for so many situations!

I was happy Lee won and the 2nd rendition was worse than the first lastnight, but what do you expect after you win the whole thing, I would barely be able to remember the lyrics!

I will put this in CAPS bc it needs to be: AFTER WATCHING THIS VIDEO, LET'S NOT EVER FORGET HOW MUCH OF A TREASURE BONO & ALL OF U2 ARE BC WHEN YOU WATCH THIS VID AND COMPARE IT TO WHAT LEE TRIED TO DO, YOU REMEMBER WHY THEY ARE THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!!!

Halfway through I started to think how much I take them for granted and how one bad back can start the process of gradually taking them away from us bc no one can stop father time!

Here's to enjoying as many tours and albums as we have left with them!! :drool:

That was awful. Like...legitimately bad.

I'm not one of those silly people who either has to bash something because they dared to cover U2 or because it's involved with American Idol.

Here's a good U2 cover from an ex-American Idol contestant, IMO.

I actually enjoyed David Cook's version of I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For as well.

First U2 song on American Idol.

And while I didn't like how they cut down One last year, I thought Adam Lambert's studio version was much better.

One

Quick question....Does U2 write this off as "Lee DeWyze" can use our song to perform and be released as a single?

If so I find that a bit disheartening. :|

Anyone remember when you would go to theme parks or mall and you could record a song on top of the instrumental............this is what this crap is but its making $$$$.

I actually enjoyed David Cook's version of I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For as well.

First U2 song on American Idol.

And while I didn't like how they cut down One last year, I thought Adam Lambert's studio version was much better.

One

yes dazavid was very good!@ That is my all time favorite U2 song along with WOWY!

I didn't really like Adam on American Idol and ONE was ok but he screams!

As much flack as U2 and Bono are taking these days, sooner or later, with enough examples like Lee's, people are going to star to remember -again - that no one other than U2 can actually perform or make songs like this.

Trying to remember, Didn't Bob Dylan said something to Bono like:
you write great songs, Bono - but no one can sing them. :wink:
He was right, whichever way he said it.

It would probably help Lee if the backing track wasn't some corny pop jazzy version of BD. The whole point of BD is its power and energy, and making some jazzy lame version just wont work, ever.

:doh:
sounds like a different song. Emotion that Bono brings when singing is hard to match.... :down:

I don't watch American Idol......but, a lot of folks do. Anyway congrats to the winner. It will help him to get a recording contract.

Yeah, you don't need to win to become famous anymore, so where's the suspense in naming a winner?

Back
Top Bottom