NME - Noel Gallagher slams Keane but loves U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it might be that I'm wrong, I don't have the truth in my pocket. The fact is that Oasis had everything in their hands to be a great band. But they kinda didn't make that. But my point mainly is this: U2 gave us music we never heard, Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen, gave us music we never heard, though their influences. I don't see Oasis did the same. They were on a good way, but they didn't go forward. You will remember Oasis for what they've done in the past,but not for what they're doing now. Maybe their ever best record has still to be written, but in the moment, I don't put them at the same level of Pearl Jam (because they almost started in the same periods)

You should listen to their new album, its a real change for them.

Oasis were unquestionably big back in '96, coming off the back of two albums that will never be forgotten and some gigs in front of some ridiculously huge crowds.

Oasis circa 2000-2008 are not internationally "big", except in the UK.

I know that Down Under, there has been very minimal fanfare for Dig Out Your Soul and Oasis' past 3 or 4 albums. The 4 or 5 mainstream/commercial music stations have ignored "The Shock Of The Lightning" as far as I know (yet still play Wonderwall everyday), and I reckon that it would be a similar case in the US of A.

Oasis were indeed a one-off 90's international phenomenon, and it's a shame cause they've written some crackin' tunes since those years that radio listeners were never given the opportunity or encouraged to check out.

For those who think nobody cares about Oasis here in America, I heard Roll With It on Monday Night Football this evening.

What's to expound? A bricklayer who builds a house, makes art ,and he's big, an architect who buys a project, doesn't make art, and he's not big........

Well done, you have posted the most nonsensical analogy EYKIW has seen in a long time, possibly ever. What a feat.

By your logic, if only the biggest make art, then all the songs U2 made when they were not the biggest (i.e. everything up to and including The Joshua Tree, since they had no basis to claim being the world's biggest band until after JT came out) are not, in fact, art. However, Love Rescue Me is. Your logic = epic fail.

U2 also has nothing left to prove. But having nothing left to prove doesn't mean you should stick around and satisfy the few who still care. If anything, it's quite the opposite. Bono wants his band to keep making great records. If they are no longer able to keep producing albums that are of a certain level of quality (EG: not crap), then he believes that it would only serve to tarnish their legacy if they continued. Call it humility, but I call it not beating a dead horse.

U2, and Bono in particular, want to prove to themselves that U2 can still make (a) great album(s) late in their career. It's that ego inside them that will keep them going, or end their career.

Well done, you have posted the most nonsensical analogy EYKIW has seen in a long time, possibly ever. What a feat.

By your logic, if only the biggest make art, then all the songs U2 made when they were not the biggest (i.e. everything up to and including The Joshua Tree, since they had no basis to claim being the world's biggest band until after JT came out) are not, in fact, art. However, Love Rescue Me is. Your logic = epic fail.

The logic? It seems like you haven't caught what this word means seeing what you're saying there..............................You're making a little illogical jam..................Sorry, don't get me wrong, but I would say this comment is the most inappropriate one ever seen in the whole forum's history. But ok......

What means big and good art to you? Someone who jumps from his bed at 3 o clock in the morning with a melody in the head, who runs straight on towards his instrument recording it, or someone who sings songs other people do write for them? You'll see, that analogy makes sense...........sometimes it' s just a matter of perspicacy. Don't forget another thing. Once you put your soul and your heart in what you do, you'll be big forever, whether people know you or are appreciate you. You can be big even in front of 10 people instead of 50 000..............

The logic? It seems like you haven't caught what this word means seeing what you're saying there..............................You're making a little illogical jam..................Sorry, don't get me wrong, but I would say this comment is the most inappropriate one ever seen in the whole forum's history. But ok......

What means big and good art to you? Someone who jumps from his bed at 3 o clock in the morning with a melody in the head, who runs straight on towards his instrument recording it, or someone who sings songs other people do write for them? You'll see, that analogy makes sense...........sometimes it' s just a matter of perspicacy. Don't forget another thing. Once you put your soul and your heart in what you do, you'll be big forever, whether people know you or are appreciate you. You can be big even in front of 10 people instead of 50 000..............

How did you get this out of your analogy?

Remember, babyman doesn't need to speak in standard, grammatical English. Pity that the rest of us read standard, grammatical English....

What means big and good art to you? Someone who jumps from his bed at 3 o clock in the morning with a melody in the head, who runs straight on towards his instrument recording it, or someone who sings songs other people do write for them? You'll see, that analogy makes sense...........

Brick layers lay the bricks upon the walls that were built by carpenters according to the plans designed by the architect....................................That's how buildings work..................................So in your analogy the brick layers are the "someone who sings songs other people have written for them...............

Wow. There are some dense people in here. Oasis' new album kicks ass, though.

Why would anyone find someone being shoved from behind by a weak coward funny?

The funny part was Liam's attempt at defending Noel. He came up at the assailant, fists clenched, about 10 seconds after he'd already been pinned down by security. LIAM, DON'T BE A HERO! :ohmy:

What means big and good art to you?

Good art: something subjectively pleasing to whomever is calling the art good.

Big art: a piece of art which is physically large, though has nothing to do with its popularity. It's just big.

Why would anyone find someone being shoved from behind by a weak coward funny?

It's funny because of the lyrics that was sung before the shove.

Come on now, Oasis love to slag people off and wreck hotel rooms. They are egomaniacs. If you want to dish it out prepare to get some in return.

^:confused: what did radiohead have to do with that vid? And why would they have a laugh?

sonic slang: Noel Gallagher Rips Radiohead

He likes to slag them off. Though I don't necessarily disagree with him on some of the politics radiohead is for, but Radiohead makes better music. Even the new Oasis album is just mediocre music with some nice production at best.

He also made some comments about how people only want to hear Creep which is not true.

Back
Top Bottom