NME ignoring U2 again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
original.jpg

While I certainly think Bono is not the answer, that list has some ridiculous names to even dare consider. Bono would be fine on the list. Especially considering the list pays homage to the old, the new, the alive, and the dead.

It also doesn't help that whoever made the choices put it alphabetically (by first name, wtf?) but also numbered it #1-#60. Talk about an unnecessary psycho-bias. Kinda unprofessional.

It would be hysterical if D level talents like Bobby Gillespie or Julian Casablancas were voted the greatest musical icon of all time.

Can you imagine NME having to run this headline:

"Ian Brown: The Greatest Musical Icon Of The Past 60 Years."

Lucky no one noticed they recently dubbed him the second lamest frontman of all time, behind Chad Kroeger.

Lucky no one noticed they recently dubbed him the second lamest frontman of all time, behind Chad Kroeger.

If that is true, then clearly NME is insane.

But as Liberace once said about his critics, "he's laughing all the way to the bank." Critics - especially music critics - are amongst the most useless people on the planet. Music is so incredibly subjective that to comment on it is ridiculous. Either it appeals to you or it doesn't. Some songs are great when we are teens, but annoying when we are adults. Sometimes we go back and re-examine and even appreciate music we once ridiculed.

Hence, nothing NME says bothers me. Besides, Rolling Stone loves U2, so Bono gets enough accolades from them.

Well whatever... U2 is the biggest band in the world, bar none, and their stupid little list in their stupid little magazine won't change that. U2 have built themselves an iconic career over the last 30 years, and they truly mean something to a lot of people. Whoever made that list clearly hasn't been surrounded by a sold out stadium of people screaming their heads off during WTSHNN. They just probably know some indie girl who won't give them the time of day, but know that she hates u2, and try to use that to their advantage.

U2 seem to really be out of favor with the UK in general.

When Beautiful Day was released NME said Mark David Chapman should be released from prison so he could kill Bono.

Its mad really i have a nme magazine in my house thats a legends special and its all about u2. They review every album very highly and talk really highly of u2.

U2 won thw godlike genieus award in the atyclb era

Nloth got a 7 out of 10 rating which isnt bad and the magazine gave the glastonbury give quite a
Good write up.

I just dont get the bad press there the same with coldplay aswell.

Ita the most contradicting magazine ever!

The_acrobat said:
Well whatever... U2 is the biggest band in the world, bar none, and their stupid little list in their stupid little magazine won't change that. U2 have built themselves an iconic career over the last 30 years, and they truly mean something to a lot of people. Whoever made that list clearly hasn't been surrounded by a sold out stadium of people screaming their heads off during WTSHNN. They just probably know some indie girl who won't give them the time of day, but know that she hates u2, and try to use that to their advantage.

U2 seem to really be out of favor with the UK in general.

This will be used one day as a display of the insanity of U2 fans.

Back
Top Bottom