NLOTH songs on next tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi guys, I'm a relatively new U2 fan (within the last 18 months or so), I signed up here around the time Invisible came out and have been lurking ever since. First post. Woo :wave:

I haven't had the chance to see anything off No Line on the Horizon live yet (obviously), so I'm really, really hoping they keep something from it in the setlist when they make it down to Australia. It's not just one of my favourite U2 albums, it's one of my favourite albums full stop (even the middle three that seem to get trashed here a lot [well...except maybe Stand Up Comedy :hmm:]), so I'd kill to hear just about anything off it. I can die happy if I get to hear the just title track and Moment of Surrender :hyper:

I'm not expecting to hear anything from it, judging by how successful the album was. But it'd be nice if I did :lol:

Hi guys, I'm a relatively new U2 fan (within the last 18 months or so), I signed up here around the time Invisible came out and have been lurking ever since. First post. Woo :wave:

I haven't had the chance to see anything off No Line on the Horizon live yet (obviously), so I'm really, really hoping they keep something from it in the setlist when they make it down to Australia. It's not just one of my favourite U2 albums, it's one of my favourite albums full stop (even the middle three that seem to get trashed here a lot [well...except maybe Stand Up Comedy :hmm:]), so I'd kill to hear just about anything off it. I can die happy if I get to hear the just title track and Moment of Surrender :hyper:

I'm not expecting to hear anything from it, judging by how successful the album was. But it'd be nice if I did :lol:

Welcome. :) Glad to see some love for No Line. I think that it's a great album.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Just listened to the mofo soundcheck from 2005. Holy freakin crap! That had so much potential. That guitar riff is sick.

Just listened to the mofo soundcheck from 2005. Holy freakin crap! That had so much potential. That guitar riff is sick.

Yeah. It's sad that it never saw the light of day.

There was actually a ton of great material considered (and sometimes rehearsed) for Vertigo that never saw the light of day. Axver wrote a great report on all of it on U2Gigs in 2006.

I know I read somewhere that Red Hill Mining Town, Tryin To Throw Your Arms, Luminous Times, If God Will Send His Angels, Drowning Man and a couple others were considered/rehearsed for 360. But they obviously weren't played. If God Will Send His Angels is one of those songs that I think is gonna come back next tour. They really wanted it to work on popmart and I don't think they want to leave it the way it did.

I know I read somewhere that Red Hill Mining Town, Tryin To Throw Your Arms, Luminous Times, If God Will Send His Angels, Drowning Man and a couple others were considered/rehearsed for 360. But they obviously weren't played. If God Will Send His Angels is one of those songs that I think is gonna come back next tour. They really wanted it to work on popmart and I don't think they want to leave it the way it did.

Drowning Man was very extensively rehearsed. Recording exists of full (rehearsal) performances of it.

Here's my article on the Vertigo Tour that could have been: The Vertigo Tour: What Might Have Been - U2gigs.com
I wish I'd done a similar one for 360, but here's my pre-360 soundcheck reference article, which mentions some stuff that never came to pass: Rehearsals reference - U2gigs.com

Before those rehearsals began, the band also considered Wire, and there was an interview mentioning a desire to play Luminous Times (though I don't recall if it actually got rehearsed in private at any stage). RHMT wasn't considered. I don't think it's been on the band's radar since it was extensively soundchecked on the third leg of the JT Tour.

And yeah, at the third Dublin show after the extensive Drowning Man soundcheck, we all thought it was actually going to happen. It was kind of a bummer when it didn't.

Here's my article on the Vertigo Tour that could have been: The Vertigo Tour: What Might Have Been - U2gigs.com
I wish I'd done a similar one for 360, but here's my pre-360 soundcheck reference article, which mentions some stuff that never came to pass: Rehearsals reference - U2gigs.com

Before those rehearsals began, the band also considered Wire, and there was an interview mentioning a desire to play Luminous Times (though I don't recall if it actually got rehearsed in private at any stage). RHMT wasn't considered. I don't think it's been on the band's radar since it was extensively soundchecked on the third leg of the JT Tour.

And yeah, at the third Dublin show after the extensive Drowning Man soundcheck, we all thought it was actually going to happen. It was kind of a bummer when it didn't.

Sweet. Thanks for the link. Wire is one of my favs, wish it would've been played.

Remember Ali's reaction to hearing the soundcheck of that and Electrical Storm? :lol: DAmn, we so thought it was gonna happen that night.

:grumpy: And then they pulled ES out two shows later, of course. Bugger. Still arsed about that.

Remember Ali's reaction to hearing the soundcheck of that and Electrical Storm? :lol: DAmn, we so thought it was gonna happen that night.

:grumpy: And then they pulled ES out two shows later, of course. Bugger. Still arsed about that.

I wasnt too impressed with ES on u22 though

ES on 360 was mediocre. They (especially Bono) could have done a much better job with it.

I expected more from the Electrical Storm performances, but I'm still glad that they gave it a chance. It should come back for the next tour.

I was entertained by the fact that "Bono's guitar part" came out of the speakers loud and clear while Bono just waved his guitar around during ES.

I was entertained by the fact that "Bono's guitar part" came out of the speakers loud and clear while Bono just waved his guitar around during ES.

Bono sucks on guitar, but he does look pretty dang cool when he wears it. ??
He's actually pretty good on Last Night On Earth and every once in a while he does a good job on The Fly. But that's about it.

Bono's best guitar playing was AIWIY during the Lovetown Tour. Seemed like he was really trying to nail his guitar playing in the late eighties... aaaaand then just gave up. It's embarrassing watching him mime or half-arse it on more recent tours. Not to mention it's utterly baffling why he was even given a guitar to wear during I Will Follow on the Elevation Tour, one of the most piss-easy songs in U2's catalogue!

Bono's best guitar playing was AIWIY during the Lovetown Tour. Seemed like he was really trying to nail his guitar playing in the late eighties... aaaaand then just gave up. It's embarrassing watching him mime or half-arse it on more recent tours. Not to mention it's utterly baffling why he was even given a guitar to wear during I Will Follow on the Elevation Tour, one of the most piss-easy songs in U2's catalogue!

The funniest one is still A Day Without Me at Red Rocks. He's not even trying to make it look like he's actually playing.

The funniest one is still A Day Without Me at Red Rocks. He's not even trying to make it look like he's actually playing.

It's surreal watching Larry drumming with a huge smile on his face. It looks like there's nowhere else in the world he would rather be.

What happened?

Bono's best guitar playing was AIWIY during the Lovetown Tour.

Yeah, he even does a mini-guitar solo (in a very loose sense of the term) on some versions. It's sloppy, but it still adds a lot to the song.

Bono played the guitar solo in "Dancing Barefoot", didn't he? Allegedly?

Your question mark (?) makes this statement pointless. Like me saying 'headache in a suitcase is a dick?'

To other post, yes I agree pop had some good tunes on it. My fav being 'do you feel love'. But discotheque, gone, staring at the sun and please are better than most of the crap that's out there these days. Maybe over time NLOTH will grow on people.

SoundCloud Mobile

I have to say I did laugh out loud when Headache was picked up on use of question marks, and then we hear that your 'fav' is 'do you feel love' that not only left the question mark OFF, but also is incorrectly using 'love' and not 'loved' #irony?

To the actual substance of the thread - my opinions:

Chance of being played relatively frequently:
MOS
GOYB (unfortunately)
Magnificent
Crazy Tonight remix

Chance of occasional rotation:
Cedars of Lebanon
Fez/Being Born
(I really think if this tour is arenas they may break these two out as setlist mixups in 3 and 4 show cities)
Breathe

No chance in hell:
NLOTH
Unknown Caller
SUC
WAS
Winter

The guitar he did for Bad and Streets(intro) in Brussels 360 was pretty cool. It's clear to hear in the IEM, where his guitar is always turned up louder in the mix. I enjoy hearing his IEMs quite a bit.
THe Fly is pretty nice as well with a 2nd guitar.

Yet most of the time, he does 'wear' it. Which is a shame. ES would've really benefited from a 2nd guitar, and while I love Edge pulling out the band mix riff, for the big finale with Bono's wailing, he should've gone for the chords of the Orbit mix. It would've worked better.

I have to say I did laugh out loud when Headache was picked up on use of question marks, and then we hear that your 'fav' is 'do you feel love' that not only left the question mark OFF, but also is incorrectly using 'love' and not 'loved' #irony?

I shall cry myself to sleep tonight with that one. Or won't i????????

http://m.soundcloud.com/budgetedge

Back
Top Bottom