NLOTH songs on next tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In a Little While was played more often on 360 than Breathe. I don't care how you feel about each of these songs, that's fucking moronic. I hope U2 does right by Breathe and tries it somewhere else in the setlist next tour other than the opening slot, which is one of the trickiest to fill.

If they never play Boots again, no one will notice.

In a Little While was played more often on 360 than Breathe. I don't care how you feel about each of these songs, that's fucking moronic. I hope U2 does right by Breathe and tries it somewhere else in the setlist next tour other than the opening slot, which is one of the trickiest to fill.

Word.

I know this is my 1st post, so its a bit of rambling. So bear with me. ? But I've been reading for a couple months. I just don't think NLOTH is great live material. Magnificent, No Line, Breathe and Crazy remix are all pretty solid. But boots gets pretty lame after about 30 seconds. And I think MOS tries too hard to be epic live and is in fact, a bit boring. However, I'd love to see these songs next tour:
A sort of homecoming
Wild horses
Kite
Mofo
Please
Lemon
Love is blindness
Running to stand still
Exit
And basically anything off of Zooropa or Pop. Heck even Numb or Last Night On Earth. Just something different than the same old same old material being played the last 15 years. Streets, Beautiful Day, Vertigo, etc are obvious main stayers. But even though songs like SBS are amazing. They've worn out their time. To be honest with you, SBS hasn't even been good live since elevation tour. After they gave it a rest for the last 10 years. And I think that can be said of a number of U2 songs.

Sorry for the rant. At least I gave you some warning. ?

I agree. Welcome aboard.

However, I'd love to see these songs next tour:
A sort of homecoming
Wild horses
Kite
Mofo
Please
Love is blindness
Running to stand still
Exit
And basically anything off of Zooropa or Pop. Heck even Numb or Last Night On Earth. Just something different than the same old same old material being played the last 15 years.

Sorry for the rant. At least I gave you some warning. ?

Welcome! They're always going to play their biggest hits, but yes I do agree that there needs to be 'something different' in the setlists other than new album material. During U2360°, they played Your Blue Room, Zooropa, Hold Me Thrill Me, Ultraviolet, The Unforgettable Fire, Love Rescue Me, Scarlet, unreleased songs, etc.

From now on, I think anything is possible. Even Acrobat. :wink:

In a Little While was played more often on 360 than Breathe. I don't care how you feel about each of these songs, that's fucking moronic.

Yeah, I don't care for either song and I still agree with this.

I remain baffled by the 360 song selections - a great chance to showcase some massive stadium rock tracks in the ideal setting, and instead they played intimate moody tracks (some of which, like YBR, are exceptional; others, like IALW, are forgettable plodders) that belong in much smaller and less cavernous settings. IALW was never going to grab the attention and fill the space of an entire stadium in the way EBTTRT or The Fly did, and it took forever for them to figure that out.

Frankly, if they never play anything from NLOTH again, I'm not sure there will be many complaints. Oh yeah, sure, each of us here has a couple of individual favourites, and MOS in particular has its fans, but I doubt there are many people who will think a setlist without a single NLOTH song is fundamentally lacking in the same way that most would think a setlist should have representation from JT or AB.

Breathe is utterly ridiculous due to Bono's rhyming lyrics. A good song potentially, ruined by silly lyrics.

I reckon Magnificent and MOS are worthy of being played in future. Then again I reckoned the same of plenty of songs from Pop and look what happened there.

I wish this band had more conviction in its own work rather than allowing critics, album sales and perceptions to shape what songs live and die long term.

Pop in my opinion is alot better then nloth and look what they do to the pop album (well nothing) so i wouldnt be surprised if we very rarely see anything from nloth again

It's a steaming pile of dog shit?

Your question mark (?) makes this statement pointless. Like me saying 'headache in a suitcase is a dick?'

To other post, yes I agree pop had some good tunes on it. My fav being 'do you feel love'. But discotheque, gone, staring at the sun and please are better than most of the crap that's out there these days. Maybe over time NLOTH will grow on people.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

http://m.soundcloud.com/budgetedge

The first time I heard Boots, I was baffled and blown away how they had made the worst song of their career this late. Never had I hated a U2 song, and now I did. It sounded terrible and the song was absolute dogshit. "You don't know how beautiful you are" gives the douche chills.

However...

Hearing it live, it grew on me, and now I consider it a mid- low track in their discography. It's not bad live.

Breathe I really enjoy. I "can see what you're sayin'" when people talk shit about it, but none of it fazes me.I think it's a good to very good song.

Live, however, it fizzles. I was just watching the opening of the Rose Bowl show- the live version shown YouTube. From the camera backstage with them through Larry's drum solo was adrenalizing. The moment the Edge kicks in, it falls apart.

Y

Frankly, if they never play anything from NLOTH again, I'm not sure there will be many complaints.
Oh yeah, sure, each of us here has a couple of individual favourites, and MOS in particular has its fans, but I doubt there are many people who will think a setlist without a single NLOTH song is fundamentally lacking in the same way that most would think a setlist should have representation from JT or AB.

:etebrow:

speakj for yourself Axver

NLOTH is a masterpiece and I missed hearing Breath inn '11 and will also miss NLOTH, Breathe, unknown caller, magnificart

and WISH they'd play Fez-beinbg born

:madspit:

:wink: :)

If any are played, I'd imagine it'd be "...Boots". They'd already started dropping NLOTH songs by 2010 and more in 2011.

Sadly, the NLOTH songs will go the way of POP songs... For the most part - never to be played again.

What NLOTH songs do you THINK and what songs do you WANT them to continue playing on tour?

Think:
Magnificent (in some reworked fashion, maybe acoustic?)
GOYB (it's just fun)
Crazy Tonight (maybe, but in album version)

Want:
Moment Of Surrender (acoustic, with piano maybe, it can be beautiful)
NLOTH (amazing song live)
FEZ/BB (it could be a grear encore opener)

If any are played, I'd imagine it'd be "...Boots". They'd already started dropping NLOTH songs by 2010 and more in 2011.

Sadly, the NLOTH songs will go the way of POP songs... For the most part - never to be played again.

I still reckon the odd 'pop' song will come out. I think discotheque could make a comeback, but the rest may never be played live again. It's really depends how the new album goes down, if it's a screamer then I doubt any songs from pop, NLOTH or even ATTAAB ( except maybe vertigo) will get aired.

But right now we are just playing a guessing game.

I loved the song selection and double encore they did on the vertigo tour. I hope they do that again on the next tour. But instead of zoo tv themed encore, they do a popmart encore. A mofo-discotheque-velvet dress-mysterious ways encore would be epic.

I loved the song selection and double encore they did on the vertigo tour. I hope they do that again on the next tour. But instead of zoo tv themed encore, they do a popmart encore. A mofo-discotheque-velvet dress-mysterious ways encore would be epic.

Something very similar to that was rehearsed during Vertigo. It was pencilled in for the North American stadium leg that never materialized.

I know discotheque made at least 1-2 appearances on the vertigo tour and it was awesome. A lot more drums and bass. So obviously they had something in mind. But mofo was way ahead of its time. I'd be very intrigued to see how they would play it on a tour now.

Your question mark (?) makes this statement pointless. Like me saying 'headache in a suitcase is a dick?'

To other post, yes I agree pop had some good tunes on it. My fav being 'do you feel love'. But discotheque, gone, staring at the sun and please are better than most of the crap that's out there these days. Maybe over time NLOTH will grow on people.

Woah. Woah.

Woah.

I know discotheque made at least 1-2 appearances on the vertigo tour and it was awesome. A lot more drums and bass. So obviously they had something in mind. But mofo was way ahead of its time. I'd be very intrigued to see how they would play it on a tour now.

Yep, Discothèque was played during the last Toronto show and the first Chicago show of the third leg of Vertigo. During the Toronto show, it was preceded by Pop Muzik. Some here have said that Edge killed it off, saying that it didn't fit anywhere other than PopMart.

Also, an IEM clip of Mofo being soundchecked during the Vertigo Tour exists.

During the Toronto show, it was preceded by Pop Muzik. Some here have said that Edge killed it off, saying that it didn't fit anywhere other than PopMart.[QUOTE/]

That's a real shame. That's one of their best live songs imo. Has that perfect live blend of rock and techno/dance.

Theres pretty good footage of the Chicago version on youtube. But haven't been able to find the Toronto version anywhere.
There's audio of the Toronto version on YouTube, but without Pop Muzik. I would have loved to see Discothèque or other Pop material after the Chicago shows. I was a bit surprised by Edge's comments. Little did he know, Discothèque (in snippet form) would have been acknowledged in some U2360° shows.

An IEM version of Discothèque with Pop Muzik exists, and I have it on hand. PM me your email address if you want it.

Im drooling at the thought!

Back
Top Bottom