NLOTH leaked one year ago right now :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ah, memories. the album literally leaked 2 minutes after i went to bed that night, and the next morning, my wife, who was 8 months pregnant at the time, was having some major complications the next morning. so i didn't listen to the album until about 8pm the next night. luckily, everything was good at home and the album fucking rocks.

i think today is a good day to listen to the album front to back. i've been so obsessed with making alternate playlists and shit.

Sweet memories.
I woke up, discovered it had leaked, took the day off and lay on my bead with headphones on, max volume.
When Magnificent came on I was in tears. Beautiful music, and oh so worth the wait. I still love the album as much as I did then, if not even more so.

That thread was incredible. :love:

My memories... I was posting in that thread, but I decided to discipline myself after only listening to one song, Magnificent. I went to bed after listening to it (loving it), woke up the next morning, and listened to the whole thing. I literally didn't listen to any other music for the next week. I still listen to the album all the time. It was by far the album I played most in 2009. I love it.

Good times :)
I held out for about 5 days before collapsing and getting it sent to me :D :lol:
Greatest thing ever, listened non stop the rest of the night and burnt a CD so I could listen to it on the way to work the next morning :rockon:

That thread was incredible. :love:

My memories... I was posting in that thread, but I decided to discipline myself after only listening to one song, Magnificent. I went to bed after listening to it (loving it), woke up the next morning, and listened to the whole thing. I literally didn't listen to any other music for the next week. I still listen to the album all the time. It was by far the album I played most in 2009. I love it.

yep. because i mainly use my ipod in my car, the CD player has had NLOTH in it since its release, so when i'm too busy to pick out something on my ipod, at least i know i have a good CD to listen to. :up:

I remember checking the leak thread regularly even though I wasn't planning to listen to any leaks. I never did and remained one of the few NLOTH Virgins, but it was still fun to read what others thought of it; waiting and reading about everyone else's excitement made me even more excited for the real thing on March 3. I bought the CD when it came out and cried because it was just so beautiful.

yep. because i mainly use my ipod in my car, the CD player has had NLOTH in it since its release, so when i'm too busy to pick out something on my ipod, at least i know i have a good CD to listen to. :up:

Me too! Disc 1 in my cd player has been the CD that I burnt the leaked NLOTH on a year ago today! I did listen to a few songs on that cd on my way home today. MOS and UK!! Sweet

Oh wow I was thinking about NLOTH's leak a few nights ago,I went back to that exact thread and read everything all the excitement! what a fun night! :) the whole week was great, everyone eagerly awaiting U2's new album wondering when and where it would leak, good times!!

And I am happy to say NLOTH(1 year later) is still up there has one of my favorite U2 albums nothing has changed :)

True. and I paid for my copy that night too buying it right off of universal, so I was totally legal and totally supporting U2 and Songs of Ascent. The rest of you guys...? The Geico money is watching you when SoA isn't coming out till 2091.

:lol:

I bought mine legally that night too. I was so scared it wouldn't download before they pulled it.

:D Thanks for this, I just relived the whole thread again, what a great night that was. Listening to it that first time was :drool: We were richly rewarded for surviving all the leak(pun) threads.

(And still up there with my favorite albums too :up: )

we're to blame for U2's poor record sales for No Line and subsequently the delay for Songs of ascent. top notch work guys. :)

I can't speak about SoA, but I would say we're to blame for the strong first week sales too. The people here are BUYING the album - often in multiple formats and often for other people as well. I bought many as gifts and multiple versions for myself. I also bought the singles. :)

As such, I feel no guilt downloading the album - even if it is in rough form - as U2 more than make up $$ from me.

Trouble is, most people outside of Interference aren't like this. They torrent download. :tsk:

I'LL GO CRAZY IF I DON'T GO CRAZY TONIGHT IS LIKE HAVING A THREESOME WITH SCARLETT JOHANNSON AND SALMA HAYEK ON ECSTASY. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE MUSIC, BUT IT'S JUST THAT GOOD.

That is one of the funniest things I have read on here.

I can't speak about SoA, but I would say we're to blame for the strong first week sales too. The people here are BUYING the album - often in multiple formats and often for other people as well. I bought many as gifts and multiple versions for myself. I also bought the singles. :)

oh, I don't doubt that probably (hopefully) 90% of us actually bought the album, but we helped facilitate the news of the leak. i'm sure it would have been leaked regardless, but just sayin'. I think I read somewhere - though I may be wrong - that there were at least a couple hundred thousand illegal downloads of it before it was even released? I can't remember the article that I saw that at. I'd think interference represents a pretty low percentage of that figure.

But, I too bought all the singles and rolled with the super deluxe set of the album.

Good god was it really February? I have lost all track of time. I would have guessed it was May!

I remember waking up in the morning and finding the file in my mailbox. Someone sent me the album, I was shocked! I still have that original file and listen to it from time to time. After a year, NLOTH is still the U2 album I listen to most.

I do also, and I have it running right into The Unforgettable Fire.
For me, it just fit's somehow. But that's just me.:wink:

Worst part about all of this was that we later found out that the MP3s had been up for weeks on NapsterMobile and that they had been downloaded a certain number of times without anybody telling the rest of the internet. No doubt there were a few U2 fans out there keeping their stash to themselves. :down:

Back
Top Bottom