Next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just tried to create what I think would be the best setlist for the next tour, and it's too hard to do. I wouldn't want to be in their position. So many great songs, so little time onstage. I'll just not bitch the next time I see them!

I think it'd be cool if they take a night off between all shows, even in the same city, like some bands do. This allows then to add and extra six or seven songs a night.

I agree that they should just go nuts and play some obscure stuff. Make it a tour for the diehards that have been with them all these years.

And I wouldn't mind an arena tour, especially since there's a shiny new one not far from here...

they won't do that- they're playing to the whole audience- not 5% of it....and the 95% are there to hear the hits not stuff like Blue Room or Drowning Man

people should ive them a break- they played some odd stuff on 360 tour.

Personally I'd love to hear Love is Blindness again

I just tried to create what I think would be the best setlist for the next tour, and it's too hard to do. I wouldn't want to be in their position.

It's easy. Start like this:

1. A Sort Of Homecoming
2. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
3. Wire
4. The Unforgettable Fire
5. Promenade
6. 4th Of July
7. Bad
8. Indian Summer Sky
9. Elvis Presley And America
10. MLK

...and work your way from there.

It's easy. Start like this:

1. A Sort Of Homecoming
2. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
3. Wire
4. The Unforgettable Fire
5. Promenade
6. 4th Of July
7. Bad
8. Indian Summer Sky
9. Elvis Presley And America
10. MLK

...and work your way from there.

Then people would say how they're "going backward" and still doing it wrong (see threads regarding the last leg of 360 and the Achtung Baby additions). Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Not that I agree with that logic, of course!

they won't do that- they're playing to the whole audience- not 5% of it....and the 95% are there to hear the hits not stuff like Blue Room or Drowning Man

people should ive them a break- they played some odd stuff on 360 tour.

Personally I'd love to hear Love is Blindness again

I'd love to hear Love is Blindness also. One of my best friends wants to go with me next tour. He has never seen U2 and asked me to burn him some live U2. The one song he wants to hear is So Cruel. I told him to keep dreaming on that.

My "request" song wise would be God Part II, followed by Hawkmoon 269. God Part II "could" happen eventually. It is Edge's guitar tech Dallas Schoo's favorite U2 song and he asks Edge to play or consider it quite often. Still not holding my breath though.

I'd love to hear Hawkmoon 269. I love the texture of Bono's voice on the studio Rattle and Hum songs. He had such a richness, especially in the lower register of his voice. I think he began to discover it during the Unforgettable Fire but really got it in '88, '89. I miss that voice. Too bad the Love Town tour wasn't brought to the States. I would have loved to have seen that! From the videos I've seen, I think I like those shows better than the JT shows--and I loved the JT shows--saw like 16 of them. Anyway, I doubt it will ever happen but how about A Celebration, would love to hear Seconds and Surrender, missed An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart, Always wanted to hear A Sort of Homecoming. Hmmm, Stay, Miss Sarajevo to hear Bono sing in Italian AND to hear his opera voice. I do have a new appreciation for Love is Blindness and So Cruel. And of course, there's the Baby Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses! I just want the guys to really be into the music they're playing and not go through the motions of playing all the hits.

I feel lucky to have heard him sing Miss Sarajevo on both Vertigo and 360 and he sounded amazing every time. :love:

I feel lucky to have heard him sing Miss Sarajevo on both Vertigo and 360 and he sounded amazing every time. :love:

I'm jealous! Missed both tours. That's what I get for being MIA for 20 years! I can only imagine how amazing it must have been!

Back
Top Bottom