New U2.com offer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of these years they will actually decide not to advertise and sell the new fan club gift until they have them ready to ship and in hand! Crazy idea, I know!

Well..we don't have it yet! From the Ground Up I mean! But yes, much better than last year's (or actually earlier this year's)

when are they going to deliver? I think it is really cheeky taking my money so long ago and then nothing... not even an email to tell me what's going on

Got my copy a few weeks ago when the VIP shipments went out (and I'm not even a U2.com member).

Nothing special, just another coffee table book. Don't get yourselves all worked up only to be bitterly disappointed (again).

Sorry.

Desire MP3 download is up at U2.com for subscribers.

A few more downloads and I will forgive them the Pride Remix incident.

when are they going to deliver? I think it is really cheeky taking my money so long ago and then nothing... not even an email to tell me what's going on

Technically your money was for U2.com membership so of course they are going to take the money

Got my copy a few weeks ago when the VIP shipments went out (and I'm not even a U2.com member).

Nothing special, just another coffee table book. Don't get yourselves all worked up only to be bitterly disappointed (again).

Sorry.

So you also have the edges picks cd?

One of these years they will actually decide not to advertise and sell the new fan club gift until they have them ready to ship and in hand! Crazy idea, I know!

Compared to some others it's not bad at all. Icon (the Madonna fan club) finally sent the 2010 gift out about a month ago.

Compared to some others it's not bad at all. Icon (the Madonna fan club) finally sent the 2010 gift out about a month ago.

LOL but yeah that's Live Nation too though. In fact when I called LN earlier this year (? I don't even remember when now) to ask about problems with my U2 fanclub account they flat out told me they were too busy dealing with taking care of Madonna's fanclub to worry about U2. U2 was on the backburner for them. :up:Thanks for the honesty anyway, Live Nation. :down:

Technically your money was for U2.com membership so of course they are going to take the money
No - I've paid extra for all the extra goodies that were supposed to be on offer.
I haven't renewed my subscription for a few years and this was the incentive that made me decide so I paid $85!! And I've heard nothing...they don't even reply to their emails.
This is shoddy treatment by U2.com...:angry:

Live nation actually sent me a new copy of U22 when I emailed them about my original copy becoming scratched, they where really helpful so I can't complain

No - I've paid extra for all the extra goodies that were supposed to be on offer.
I haven't renewed my subscription for a few years and this was the incentive that made me decide so I paid $85!! And I've heard nothing...they don't even reply to their emails.
This is shoddy treatment by U2.com...:angry:

Call the 800 number at the bottom of the store's main page. It's a lot faster and it always worked for me in the past.

I do think it's interesting that, when all's told, U2 will have released at least seven of the NLOTH tracks in some kind of live capacity -- between U22, Edge's Picks, the bonus downloads and the other U2.com giveaways. What's interesting too is how vital these tracks are -- having just listened to a playlist composed of live tracks from NLOTH, I think the album translated live in a way that the studio tracks just couldn't. "Moment of Surrender" really comes alive, and the audience singalong with "Unknown Caller" is spectacular.

What's interesting is that once again, if pure audience noise is any indication, European audiences seem to be responding to this material in a way their American counterparts didn't. Much like POP. The band talks in U2 By U2 about how ATYCLB was the sound of America falling in love with them again. I don't have sales numbers on how NLOTH performed in Europe, but the audiences sound pretty damn engaged on these recordings. I don't think U2 intentionally ignored or bypassed America (I'm guessing that, until the album got pushed, the tour plan was to follow previous strategies and do a spring/fall tour of American stadia, and a summer tour of Europe) -- but opening the tour in Europe meant that they didn't give the album the same kind of sales support States-side that previous albums had gotten...which reflected a more "European" sensibility to the album overall.

Makes me wonder if U2 will try to conquer America again on the next album, or press into a more European sound.

I think the album translated live in a way that the studio tracks just couldn't. "Moment of Surrender" really comes alive, and the audience singalong with "Unknown Caller" is spectacular.

I disagree completely. I think most of the album was flat and unengaging live, and this was the first time this has happened in the history of the band that was always far superior in a live setting.

I disagree completely. I think most of the album was flat and unengaging live, and this was the first time this has happened in the history of the band that was always far superior in a live setting.

Sadly I agree. I don't know that the songs necessarily got worse, they just weren't transformed in the way that some songs from Achtung or Pop were (Bad is a great example as well).

I think it depended on the venue- the crowd in Dublin (from what I could see in the GC) didn't seem that interested in the new stuff- yet in Barcelona it was completely different

comparing NLOTH to AB is a touch harsh

"Depending on the venue" is a bit of a cop-out. To these ears most of the songs, with the notable exception of the title track, lacked energy and sounded uninspired - on bootlegs and when I've seen them live (a European concert mind you).

"Depending on the venue" is a bit of a cop-out. To these ears most of the songs, with the notable exception of the title track, lacked energy and sounded uninspired - on bootlegs and when I've seen them live (a European concert mind you).

I think Boots had a ton of live energy, especially toward the end of the tour

So, assuming

Mothers Of The Disappeared
Return Of The Stingray Guitar
Party Girl
Your Blue Room
Scarlet

will not be on Edge's Picks i'll be mixing something like this... to make one ultimate 360 concert...

00 David Bowie - Space Oddity
00 U2 - Soon
01 Breathe (Edge's picks)
02 No Line on The Horizon (U2.com download)
03 Get On Your Boots (Edge's picks)
04 Magnificent (U22)
05 Even Better Than The Real Thing (U2)
06 The Fly (U22)
07 Mysterious Ways (U22)
08 Until The End Of The World (U22)
09 I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For (U22)
10 Stay (Faraway, So Close!) (U22)
11 Out Of Control (U22)
12 I Will Follow (Edge's picks)
13 New Year’s Day (Edge's picks)
14 Angel Of Harlem (Edge's picks)
15 Desire (U2.com download)
16 Spanish Eyes (U2.com download)
17 All I Want Is You (U22)
18 Love Rescue Me (U22)
19 One Tree Hill (U22)
20 Beautiful Day (U22)
21 Elevation (U22)
22 Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (Edge's picks)
23 Electrical Storm (Edge's picks)
24 Mercy (Wide Awake in Europe)
25 In A Little While (Edge's picks)
26 Unknown Caller (U2.com download)
27 The Unforgettable Fire (U22)
28 Miss Sarajevo (Edge's picks)
29 Zooropa (U22)
30 City Of Blinding Lights (U22)
31 Vertigo (Edge's picks)
32 I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Edge's picks)
33 Sunday Bloody Sunday (Edge's picks)
34 MLK (Rose Bowl DVD)
35 Scarlet (U2.com montreal broadcast)
36 Walk On (U22)
37 Pride (Edge's picks)
38 One (U22)
39 Where The Streets Have No Name (U22)
40 Bad (U22)
41 Ultra Violet (Light My Way) (U22)
42 Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Edge's picks)
43 With Or Without You (U22)
44 Moment of Surrender (U22)
45 40 (Edge's picks)
00 Elton John - Rocket Man

Not Bad eh? :hmm:

So, assuming

Mothers Of The Disappeared
Return Of The Stingray Guitar
Party Girl
Your Blue Room
Scarlet

will not be on Edge's Picks i'll be mixing something like this... to make one ultimate 360 concert...

00 David Bowie - Space Oddity
00 U2 - Soon
01 Breathe (Edge's picks)
02 No Line on The Horizon (U2.com download)
03 Get On Your Boots (Edge's picks)
04 Magnificent (U22)
05 Even Better Than The Real Thing (U2)
06 The Fly (U22)
07 Mysterious Ways (U22)
08 Until The End Of The World (U22)
09 I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For (U22)
10 Stay (Faraway, So Close!) (U22)
11 Out Of Control (U22)
12 I Will Follow (Edge's picks)
13 New Year’s Day (Edge's picks)
14 Angel Of Harlem (Edge's picks)
15 Desire (U2.com download)
16 Spanish Eyes (U2.com download)
17 All I Want Is You (U22)
18 Love Rescue Me (U22)
19 One Tree Hill (U22)
20 Beautiful Day (U22)
21 Elevation (U22)
22 Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (Edge's picks)
23 Electrical Storm (Edge's picks)
24 Mercy (Wide Awake in Europe)
25 In A Little While (Edge's picks)
26 Unknown Caller (U2.com download)
27 The Unforgettable Fire (U22)
28 Miss Sarajevo (Edge's picks)
29 Zooropa (U22)
30 City Of Blinding Lights (U22)
31 Vertigo (Edge's picks)
32 I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Edge's picks)
33 Sunday Bloody Sunday (Edge's picks)
34 MLK (Rose Bowl DVD)
35 Scarlet (U2.com montreal broadcast)
36 Walk On (U22)
37 Pride (Edge's picks)
38 One (U22)
39 Where The Streets Have No Name (U22)
40 Bad (U22)
41 Ultra Violet (Light My Way) (U22)
42 Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Edge's picks)
43 With Or Without You (U22)
44 Moment of Surrender (U22)
45 40 (Edge's picks)
00 Elton John - Rocket Man

Not Bad eh? :hmm:

one of the 5 missing out will be the next bonus as well

I disagree with those saying the NLOTH songs didn't go over well in the live setting. Maybe not all of them "improved", but I thought all of them were transferred into the live versions very well, maybe with the exception of Magnificent which I thought seemed to difficult for Bono to sing properly. I missed the NLOTH tracks during the last legs of the tour, I thought most of them were appreciated by the audience, especially NLOTH and Boots (which had amazing energy). Not sure about Unknown Caller and I personally wasn't a fan of the disco remix of Crazy Tonight (then again, I don't like the album version much, either), but personally, Moment of Surrender was a highlight for me. Breathe wasn't a good opener, but I still think they shouldn't have dropped it alltogether.

Since the album versions of these songs are strong I am not sure whether they were improved or could have been improved, live, but I think they translated quite well. I still don't understand why U2 didn't play Stand Up Comedy. It may be a dumb song, but I have always expected the band to give it a try since it seemed to be made for a live setting.

I still think it was a bad decision to get rid of so many of these songs as the tour moved on, it seemed like a really coward compromise and gave the impression of the band not appreciating their own album or denying it (which, according to many comments, especially from Bono, actually seems to be the case, which is sad).

I disagree with those saying the NLOTH songs didn't go over well in the live setting. Maybe not all of them "improved", but I thought all of them were transferred into the live versions very well, maybe with the exception of Magnificent which I thought seemed to difficult for Bono to sing properly. I missed the NLOTH tracks during the last legs of the tour, I thought most of them were appreciated by the audience, especially NLOTH and Boots (which had amazing energy). Not sure about Unknown Caller and I personally wasn't a fan of the disco remix of Crazy Tonight (then again, I don't like the album version much, either), but personally, Moment of Surrender was a highlight for me. Breathe wasn't a good opener, but I still think they shouldn't have dropped it alltogether.

Since the album versions of these songs are strong I am not sure whether they were improved or could have been improved, live, but I think they translated quite well. I still don't understand why U2 didn't play Stand Up Comedy. It may be a dumb song, but I have always expected the band to give it a try since it seemed to be made for a live setting.

I still think it was a bad decision to get rid of so many of these songs as the tour moved on, it seemed like a really coward compromise and gave the impression of the band not appreciating their own album or denying it (which, according to many comments, especially from Bono, actually seems to be the case, which is sad).

I did appreciate some of the NLOTH songs more after seeing them in a live setting. Boots was one of them, and I enjoyed NLOTH or MOS in that setting too. The remix of Crazy Tonight also gave an average song a much needed boost in a live setting, so I enjoyed that a lot too.

I'm not really sure I agree with the idea that the band "compromised" by getting rid of them though. Granted, I wouldn't have minded if they kept stuff like Magnificent and the title track in the set list during the summer of 2011. But they would have been touring an album that was over two years old at that point, and we probably would have been complaining if they kept opening with Breathe or not changing up the songs at all if that were the case. I know some bands that usually stick to the same "new" songs for a few years of touring, and it can get annoying.

how quickly did the U22+ZooTV CDs ship out after ordering?

just curious, since i ordered last Thursday but nothing has shipped yet...

(and please let YBR be on Edge's Picks, please!)

Back
Top Bottom