New U2.com offer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, anyone know where this version of No Line... is recorded from? I remember seeing the 30 second clip identified as Sheffield, but I don't know if this matches the radio show or not.

I just listened to both, and they sound really similar, but there are a few tiny differences that my untrained ear picked up. They were minor enough that they could have been things cleaned up in the mastering – but then, I'm no audio expert so I don't know if that's even possible. My guess is it's a different show, but I could be wrong.

Well, I can't find that cover photo anywhere, so I'm just going to go with this...

edgebike_turin.jpg

Thanks for the feedback

I think I'm going to go with this one for now:

groundup_larmann3.jpg

The photo is from the same artist who illustrated the book, I like that Edge is on the screen, and I think the colors work well with the text. As I said, I didn't really want to use a claw shot, but I do think this photo captures the "from the ground up" idea rather well.

I did shrink the text a bit so as not to cover the spire, and I like how it looks like the spotlights are shining on the title. A happy accident.

Thanks for the feedback

I think I'm going to go with this one for now:

groundup_larmann3.jpg

The photo is from the same artist who illustrated the book, I like that Edge is on the screen, and I think the colors work well with the text. As I said, I didn't really want to use a claw shot, but I do think this photo captures the "from the ground up" idea rather well.

I did shrink the text a bit so as not to cover the spire, and I like how it looks like the spotlights are shining on the title. A happy accident.

I love it! Thank you!!!

Here's my guess!

1 Breathe
2 Get On Your Boots
3 I Will Follow
4 New Year’s Day
5 Angel Of Harlem
6 Party Girl
7 Electrical Storm
8 Vertigo
9 I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix)
10 Sunday Bloody Sunday
11 Scarlet
12 Pride (In the Name of Love)
13 Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
14 Your Blue Room
15 40

Left Out:
Miss Sarajevo
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Mothers Of The Disappeared
In A Little While
Desire
Return Of The Stingray Guitar

Downloads:
No Line On the Horizon
Unknown Caller
Spanish Eyes

I blew it up a bit and can't make any of it out, but it seems like there are only 11-12 lines of type, so I wonder if it is just a mockup and not the real thing. If it is real, the song titles seem long overall, so songs like Vertigo, Scarlet, Breathe and Desire look unlikely. The last one does look like 40.

Unless they put two short-titled back-to-back songs on one line to save room:
Breathe | Desire

Every Breaking Wave wasn't even available for the fan vote on U22, so why would it have been an Edge pick?

Wasn't the whole point of playing those songs to judge fan reaction and to tweak them on the go? Obviously they chickened out on playing anything full band (save for Mercy, and Boy Falls from the Sky, which received releases), but it stands to reason that they will still at least kick around releasing North Star and Every Breaking Wave in some fashion at some point.

With all that have been confirmed, I now only really care about YBR and HMTMKMKM.

They can throw on 10 versions of Stuck and IALW for all I care, as long as those two are picked.

^

Yup.

YBR was one of the finest moments of the whole tour for me. I would love a professional quality version of this more than ANY other song....

With all that have been confirmed, I now only really care about YBR and HMTMKMKM.

They can throw on 10 versions of Stuck and IALW for all I care, as long as those two are picked.

Picture the riot if they repeated two songs! :lol:

I wouldn't mind the two songs you care about either.

I can take YBR as long as Miss Sarajevo does not make it. I guess that would give me a couple of songs to fall asleep to if I get insomnia though. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom