New Pre-Sale System Coming (And it sucks) - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2017, 01:41 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 07:18 AM
New Pre-Sale System Coming (And it sucks)

In case some of you have missed it, U2.com has slowly been updating their terms and conditions on their website. This, along with other changes seem to indicate we are in for a new era of pre-sales. An era that sucks big time!

First, here is a photo of the U2.com profile page, now asking you to connect to your Ticketmaster and Facebook accounts. This seems to indicate we are headed to the 'Verified Fan' system, recently used during Springsteen on Broadway. You can read about it here, but just trust me, it kinda sucks. Ticketmaster.com - FAQ | What is Ticketmaster Verified Fan?

Then, here are the new terms and conditions:

"We may offer certain tickets or ticket packages, including presale tickets, as a benefit to fan club members. Depending on your rank based on our FanScore® technology, you may not have the same access to presale tickets as other members. "

What is "fan score"? The system makes you prove your devotion to U2. Who is the biggest fan? devotion. You can preorder the CD of Songs of experience – and to receive it on the day of release. And you are allowed to buy the album 13 times to boost your place in the line. You can buy merchandise from U2.com. If you do not want to spend money, you can get a smaller boost to your position by repeatedly watching her new video, or by posting about U2 on social media.

Taylor Swift recently used it. Read more about it here: https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...r-rip-them-off

Sounds like a nightmare? YES. Yes it does. And it looks like its headed our way.

Old 10-24-2017, 01:52 PM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:18 AM
Waiting to see what actually happens before passing judgement. I hope it's not one of the irritating systems (like this stupid "fan score" bullshit), but will wait and see before I freak out.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:00 PM   #3
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:18 PM

What is Ticketmaster Verified Fan?

We built a really big robot to protect fans from the thousands of little scalper bots trying to scoop up tickets.

Fans register ahead of time, and those who are verified and selected receive a code that unlocks the opportunity to purchase tickets.

Ticketmaster #VerifiedFan was designed to separate actual, human fans from bots and scalpers. The system aims to thwart bad actors who are in the business of taking away tickets from fans just so they can resell them. Our technology analyzes every registrant to make sure they are real people interested in going to the show.

Please note: Registering does NOT guarantee you will be verified, receive a code or have the ability to purchase tickets.

That summary is hilarious when you think ticketmaster run getmein.com which is basically legalised touting that ticketmaster make a lot of money from

This is gonna be shit ain't it, whats wrong with the system theve used since 2004. I don't do Facebook or any form of social media so I'm screwed.

So are the doing away with the u2.com membership?

Does all this apply in the uk?
Old 10-24-2017, 02:03 PM   #4
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Waiting to see what actually happens before passing judgement. I hope it's not one of the irritating systems (like this stupid "fan score" bullshit), but will wait and see before I freak out.

It's madness as if U2's fan base is young enough to do all this fan score crap
Old 10-24-2017, 02:07 PM   #5
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:18 AM
The concept is an interesting one, and I can see how it would work if done right, but allowing 13 copies to be bought and go toward your score is ridiculous. I mean everyone knows TSwift fans don't have that many friends.

But to say it sucks bigtime without seeing the parameters is jumping the gun.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:14 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:18 AM
I'm still wondering how it might affect anyone who primarily does GA. If it works like the other times I did it, then it's really just a way of giving you another chance of getting one. Seats might be a different issue, obviously.

If they ever introduced an "early entry" option for GA people, well, that's when all chaos will erupt there.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:22 PM   #7
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgreg View Post
I'm still wondering how it might affect anyone who primarily does GA. If it works like the other times I did it, then it's really just a way of giving you another chance of getting one. Seats might be a different issue, obviously.

If they ever introduced an "early entry" option for GA people, well, that's when all chaos will erupt there.

The Killers are doing this. $70 for normal GA. $300 for 'Early Entry' GA. Its getting stupid how Live Nation/ Concert Industry is milking us more and more each passing day.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:23 PM   #8
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimearodriguez View Post
The Killers are doing this. $70 for normal GA. $300 for 'Early Entry' GA.

So u mean 230 extra dollars just to get in the arena early ? That's crazy. Do u get anything else for your money ?
Old 10-24-2017, 02:25 PM   #9
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgreg View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennowba View Post
So u mean 230 extra dollars just to get in the arena early ? That's crazy. Do u get anything else for your money ?
Just checked. It says:

- Early Entry
- Exclusive VIP tour gift
- Souvenir laminate
- VIP check in desk
Old 10-24-2017, 02:26 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:18 AM

I’m glad I’m not a subscriber. This will probably apply to the general sale too, though.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:36 PM   #11
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:18 AM
I'm willing to give whatever it is a shot for this next tour, but then that may determine whether or not keeping the subscription for pre-sale access is even worth it.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:36 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie

As i said over on the other thread. I think this is not going to be as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.

U2 fans are not like Taylor Swift fans. No U2 fan is going to watch a video 500 times to boost their score. Or buy 13 albums.
If you are a big enough fan to be on Interference, you will probably be pre-ordering the album anyway, maybe buy an album for a gift for someone, possibly get crazy and buy a shirt or something.
That probably puts you in the top 2% of people that are going to be buying tickets to U2 shows.
For the probably 200 people that buy 8 albums for christmas gifts and some merch or whatever, it's going to be a drop in the bucket and effect nothing.

Hell, you might get better ticket options through this than before. who knows.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:40 PM   #13
The Fly

So in anticipation of the Songs of Experience tour there's not much point to subscribing to U2.com because I won't get into the ticket presale for their gigs anyway?
Old 10-24-2017, 02:43 PM   #14
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChurchBay View Post
So in anticipation of the Songs of Experience tour there's not much point to subscribing to U2.com because I won't get into the ticket presale for their gigs anyway?
Nothing is official yet. So I would still subscribe just to have variables under control.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:44 PM   #15
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
As i said over on the other thread. I think this is not going to be as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.

That probably puts you in the top 2% of people that are going to be buying tickets to U2 shows.
For the probably 200 people that buy 8 albums for christmas gifts and some merch or whatever, it's going to be a drop in the bucket and effect nothing.

Hell, you might get better ticket options through this than before. who knows.
Sounds beautiful. Hope you are right.