New Pre-Sale System Coming (And it sucks)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's no mention of it on the Ticketmaster page, which is a little surprising. Usually if its in play it is mentioned there in the "More info" section.

VIP Party Package: VIP Package pickup available only at on-site VIP Check-in concierge desk, day of show

Enjoy your U2 Experience with access to an exclusive pre show party with features including:

Premium reserved price level 1 ticket
Pre show buffet dinner and bar (beer & wine) *food offerings may vary
U2 Tour VIP gift, not available to general public
Access to the VIP merchandise stand
One parking space per order (where available)
Entry into a drawing for a pre show backstage tour
On-site VIP concierge
Limited availability

VIP Gold Fan Package:

Enhance your U2 concert Experience with access to:

Exclusive U2 Tour VIP gift, not available to general public – gift shipping included! *if your address is outside US, Canada or a PO Box, your merchandise will be available for pick up at the show
Limited availability

VIP Silver Fan Package:

Reserved price level 2 ticket
Exclusive U2 Tour VIP gift, not available to general public – gift shipping included! *if your address is outside US, Canada or a PO Box, your merchandise will be available for pick up at the show
Limited availability

(RED) Zone: (RED) Zone Package pickup available only at on-site Red Zone Check-in concierge desk, day of show

The (RED) Zone gives you access to an exclusive VIP area directly adjacent to the Stage with special amenities and dedicated staff, all while raising money in support of (RED) and the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa.

Special features include:

Barricaded area immediately adjacent to the Stage
Extremely limited capacity
VIP Entrance to the venue
Collectors souvenir ticket
An opportunity to be selected for a pre show backstage tour
Access to purchase pre-show refreshments

A portion of the proceeds from your purchase supports the (RED) campaign

I have to imagine more shows will be announced after the public onsale next week... especially in NYC, etc.

I already have my DC tickets (thanks work!), so I think I should save the code for the next round of dates, as the current NYC area shows don't work with my schedule.

The only shows that I could conceivably do would be Nashville or Vegas, but Vegas may get me divorced ha.

Has anyone in the Innocence group received the codes yet? Or only Experience folks?

Can someone list the prices for these VIP packages?

VIP Party Package: VIP Package pickup available only at on-site VIP Check-in concierge desk, day of show

Enjoy your U2 Experience with access to an exclusive pre show party with features including:

Pre show buffet dinner and bar (beer & wine) *food offerings may vary
U2 Tour VIP gift, not available to general public
Access to the VIP merchandise stand
One parking space per order (where available)
Entry into a drawing for a pre show backstage tour
On-site VIP concierge
Limited availability

VIP Gold Fan Package:

Limited availability

VIP Silver Fan Package:

Reserved price level 2 ticket
Limited availability

(RED) Zone: (RED) Zone Package pickup available only at on-site Red Zone Check-in concierge desk, day of show

The (RED) Zone gives you access to an exclusive VIP area directly adjacent to the Stage with special amenities and dedicated staff, all while raising money in support of (RED) and the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa.

Special features include:

Barricaded area immediately adjacent to the Stage
Extremely limited capacity
VIP Entrance to the venue
Collectors souvenir ticket
An opportunity to be selected for a pre show backstage tour
Access to purchase pre-show refreshments

A portion of the proceeds from your purchase supports the (RED) campaign

By 10:07 I'll i'm seeing is $650 vIP tickets for loge seats...

I was lucky I got 1 GA for NYC and Boston, but I go back to check things out and that's all I see 1 minute later in the drop down boxes. So I hope people got what they wanted and assume there will be more shows.

Very limited obviously. I wonder... what 2000 tickets?

NYC GA 1 ticket sent hard copy via standard mail was $109.15...

82 plus 22.15 service fee (highest I can recall unless that was last time too?) and then even charged me $5 for us mail and there was no internet option...

BOSTON GA 1 ticket $104.10 (wicked cheap!)

76 ticket face
USD $4.25(Order Processing Fee)
USD $4.5(Facility Charge)
USD $14.85(Service Fee)
4.50 standard mail

Easiest ticket buying experience I've ever had for any concert. I got a GA for Boston in less than three minutes , it's not paperless. I got a paper mailed ticket in case I have to sell it. I don't know what my life will be then, where I'll even be...but hopefully I can go.

Easiest ticket buying experience I've ever had for any concert. I got a GA for Boston in less than three minutes , it's not paperless. I got a paper mailed ticket in case I have to sell it. I don't know what my life will be then, where I'll even be...but hopefully I can go.

What you do know though is you will still love u2 :)

$Too Much

$Too Much

$Outrageous

and

$You've Got to be Fucking Kidding Me

Pretty much this. Lowest price i saw for MSG was $495 (behind the stage was $295).

That’s before taxes and fees.

“Normal seats” were $330!

i might get GAs

See you on the floor. I'll buy you a pretzel you can toss to Bono.

See you on the floor. I'll buy you a pretzel you can toss to Bono.

That would be nice. I'm so out of the loop that I don't even know if that's some sort of inside joke. I barely remember what Bono looks like.

I still remember when we went to see Bruce, I'm not that messed up by my life. Yet :wink:

Same here. Totally easy. I pulled over to the side of the road at 9:58 and was checked out with 2 GAs to DC by 10:02.

Boom-cha.

Last edited:
I also didn't even use the text link. It was taking too long so right away I switched to my tablet and just used the code. I never had any wait time, got right through. Can't say that means it's always better, but I would say try something else unless phone is all you have.

Back
Top Bottom