New Pre-Sale System Coming (And it sucks)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look, I'm not going to say that I had any sort of prescient knowledge about the Citi presale being better than the U2.com one

I'm just going to say that I'm glad I didn't pay $40 to get more vinyl that I'd have to throw away.

Yep, they are definitely holding back some prime tickets for the Citi presale. And if you have a code for either of the U2.com presales still active, when you input it into the TM page for a specific show, those prime tickets (including GAs) disappear and become unavailable to purchase unless you're using a Citi presale code.

They didn't hold anything back between the Experience and Innocence groups.
Well... for one, it's one fan club so it may be just one pool for both groups. But we don't actually know for sure that there weren't any held back for the second group. It could have been a smaller percentage held for the second group.

No, seems like one fan club allotment, and Exp got first crack, then Inn got in to buy from the same allotment the next day. Maybe in 2015 they released a second grouping of tickets for INN fan club members, but this time, it looks like they did not. That's the usual in other fan clubs.

They didn't hold anything back between the Experience and Innocence groups.

Well... for one, it's one fan club so it may be just one pool for both groups. But we don't actually know for sure that there weren't any held back for the second group. It could have been a smaller percentage held for the second group.

Yeah I think in this case it was just one pool of tix for U2.com, so experience members had a distinct advantage.

I believe the most you can allocate for fan club is 10% of the total tickets for sale, unless specifically negotiated with each individual arena. That's the number that Pearl Jam always went on with the 10 Club.

The 10% fan club thing is a somewhat recent phenomenon (either started with the LN/TM merge or a few years before), cause Pearl Jam used to be negotiate basically getting whatever allocation of tix they wanted/needed for the 10 club in their hey day. MSG in 2003 they had something like 8,000 of the seats go to fan club members.
Now we have to endure the lottery system with 10 club because they can't command the same allocation of tix from Live Nation outside of the occasional special circumstance.

The 10% fan club thing is a somewhat recent phenomenon (either started with the LN/TM merge or a few years before), cause Pearl Jam used to be negotiate basically getting whatever allocation of tix they wanted/needed for the 10 club in their hey day. MSG in 2003 they had something like 8,000 of the seats go to fan club members.
Now we have to endure the lottery system with 10 club because they can't command the same allocation of tix from Live Nation outside of the occasional special circumstance.
I'm fairly certain that they just negotiated around the 10% in larger markets, the same way they'd negotiate around the curfew, and still do even with the lottery system.

Which just goes to show how fucking shaving they were towards fans, as they have to give up a lot of cash to make those deals happen.

No, seems like one fan club allotment, and Exp got first crack, then Inn got in to buy from the same allotment the next day. Maybe in 2015 they released a second grouping of tickets for INN fan club members, but this time, it looks like they did not. That's the usual in other fan clubs.

If they didn't do it that way, what would be the advantage of being in Experience?

i was in the innocence group and i had absolutely no issue getting two GAs. the whole process took about 2 minutes for me once 1 pm came around.

bummer to see it did not work well for others.

I saw someone claiming they had spoken with someone in LN management, and state that the subscriber pre-sale wasn't a "lottery" for codes, but rather some accounts being flagged (rightly or wrongly - many were wrongly flagged) as potentially being scalpers.

Dunno if that's the case, but either way it stinks. I see reports of TM and U2.com making outreaches, one poster says they were offered an option to buy two GA tickets at a show of their choosing.

That's heartening. Go post in that Zootopia thread if you haven't already, or reach out to Ticketmaster on Twitter. (They replied to me in a tweet I made that was just general griping.)

Back
Top Bottom