New INXS Demo...Featuring Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PS - we`re talking about a band that 5 years ago released an album that went Gold and Platinum. They get attention. They tour. You`re making it sound like they in any way need any more mystery than `new singer` and a new song that features a fresh new voice for them. They absolutely don`t, when the new album drops people will take note. They don`t need the Bono angle at all.

Have you forgotten that their last album, and last singer, came from a fucking reality tv show?

I know some people who read this might find a certain person was a bit rude in response to my posts. I just want to say that I couldn't care less. Interference to me is a place where we can share our joy about U2, and I will continue to do that.

Enjoy!

What's surprised me is how quickly this place can descend into name calling and a mob mentality

I really don't get name calling and personal vitriol on a U2 fan site.

I'm all for vigorous, fact based debate, and even aggressively defending your opinion.

What a hypocritical load of bs. I'm calling your bluff. Normally I don't go scouring old discussions for quotes, but I recall you doing it to someone else to make your case, so here it is back applied to you (I didn't have to go far! lol):

Gentle barbs are fine I think

I'm sorry but you know nothing about marketing.

Is that a gentle barb? Oh, I guess because you issued it. Ah. Ok. Notably, up to this point nothing I said was rude to you at all or deserving of you telling me that I know nothing. Commence personal aspect to argument.

And so this (notably, in response to that "gentle barb")

I could learn from you tho, right..:rolleyes:

is..gentle barb in return? Or does this fall into "nasty" because it's coming back at you? Oh, right! This is a "quip" that is deserving of your scathing reply

And you're right, you could learn a lot, but you frankly you couldn't afford me. And since only the first lessons free (and counting the remaster fiasco you've had two), I'm afraid I'm going to have to say class dismissed.

So what is this, exactly? A gentle barb? Aggressively defending your opinion? No, it's not. It's a nasty, vitriolic and pompous attempt at condescension.

And you expected me to not call you pompous and say that you were just trolling me for a fight? You're kidding, right?

Dude, your constantly calling people "troll" on here is a little revealing...and sad. So I call you out on your little "I could learn a lot from you" quip and I'm a troll? Do you know how silly those little troll pictures are? How old are you? It tells me you have way too much time to kill here. And that you can dish it out but you can't take it. And nice way to throw a personal insult and attribute it to others. Very slick.

Not everyone who doesn't roll over for your BS is a troll.

Let's take a count here: sad, pathetic, how old are you, silly, personal characterizations of me, lying that I attempted to attribute an insult to others, and BS.

Is this what you call aggressively defending your opinion and gentle barbs? No, it's not. It's name calling, vitriolic attack and trying to twist what I said, which was that you were trolling me for a fight. Not that you are a troll. I called you no names.

But oh no, dear reader, Nick66 is blameless in name calling, personal attacks, vitriol! He takes the higher road!

Oh wait..there's one more, one that I forgot about because I completely ignored it the first time as I was away when you said it and didn't think it worthwhile to respond to once I returned. Others even commented on it. You reminded me of it by referencing the 'remaster fiasco'.

Yeah. That was pretty obvious to anyone who possesses basic reading comprehension skills

You're no saint on this board Nick66. The example I used is just one of a few against me, and you've done it to others as well. If you can't take a quip in return to your 'gentle barb', as you clearly illustrated you can't with that little rant last night, don't dish out your 'gentle barbs'...and then come in the next day and hypocritically try and take a high road.

I ain't mad at all, I'm just calling you on it. The questions posed are rhetorical. No need for you to reply, just think about it.

Notice there's no name calling there? I don't call anyone a troll (like you do), or an asshole, or dick, or any of the other names I've been called on here by people like you. So no, I haven't engaged in name calling, or vitriol.

And yesterday you said you agreed with someone else who called me a "pompous ass" ..then you deleted that "ass" part of that. Fortunately, it's still in the reply to that comment I did for all to see. So no, I was not "lying" about that either. If anyone wants to see your attempt to erase what you said, it's there for all to see.

And I responded to your "I could learn a lot from you" sarcasm with sarcasm, and now you're whining about it? That's rich.

And yes, when you respond to posts with silly troll pictures (as you are want to do), I am going to question your maturity level. Unable to engage in debate, you eventually resort to the "troll" insult even time. And you have called me a troll on this site...multiple times, in fact, starting back with the remaster thing for having a minority opinion on the issue. That was before you started stalking me with your "I thought you didn't care" meme. Can you find a single time where I called anyone a troll, or any name, on this site? One? Since you seem to like spending your free time going through my old posts, if I've indeed done that it shouldn't be hard to find.

And yeah, saying that you might not know much about marketing is about as gentle as gentle barbs come. I never said we had to use kid gloves. I simply said said we should avoid vitriol and name calling (like calling someone a troll). I'm sorry if this quip damaged your sensibilities so much.

And I did not direct the "reading comprehension skills" comment at you, or any poster in particular. It was a general comment. I'm sorry if you saw yourself in it, but it was not directed at you.

Sorry, not buying your BS today anymore than yesterday.

So lets review. I responded to your sarcasm with sarcasm, questioned your maturity when you threw up some pictures of a troll and called me a troll, and made a comment about your understanding of marketing. Is that what you've got? Out of 380 post of mine, those are the examples of my incivility? Really? Where's the name calling there? Where's the vitriol? I have to say, looking over that list I think I've shown a considerable amount of restraint, considering the personal insults I've have thrown my way by people like you on here.

Looking back on your comment history here, I see that you've gotten into multiple little spats like this with multiple people, including your sad proclivity to call anyone a "troll" who disagrees with you. The fact that you felt the need to respond to my call to civility with yet another attack is telling in at of itself. And you mentioned "others" I've supposedly attacked. And who would they be? Or did you make that up as well?

I'm sure in your world "gvox" you'd just like to spray whatever attacks you'd like on whomever you'd like and people just roll over for it. Sorry, I give back as good as I get. I won't be the first one to throw a punch, but I'll be more than happy to hit back.

(sigh)

Try again.

Not really a clear confirmation

WHO'S THAT SINGING WITH INXS? - Your Daily SPA - The Music.com.au

I am not convinced yet.

Read the last paragraph.

Your Daily SpaSep 16, 04:21 PM .
WHO'S THAT SINGING WITH INXS?
Their camp swear to us that Bono is not the vocalist on the new INXS track, so if it’s not him then who is it? See what we think and have a listen to see if you can figure it out.

That's a very clear confirmation to me. The INXS camp says it's not Bono. Then this article writer continues with what they think, to try to stir things up. Ofcourse they include Bono in that. How could they not? If it fools so many U2 fans, it sure would fool random people.

That's a very clear confirmation to me. The INXS camp says it's not Bono. Then this article writer continues with what they think, to try to stir things up. Ofcourse they include Bono in that. How could they not? If it fools so many U2 fans, it sure would fool random people.

I guess I am random:wave: It certainly is sparking a lot of interest and communication which is what the industry is all about.

(a) This is INXS! INXS! Highly doubt Bono would be doing anything with them.

(b) Whoever this is, it's their new singer. And to state the absolutely obvious - no.fucking.chance.not.ever.

(c) Listen to the song again. I'm still a bit stunned that anybody in here thinks it's Bono. This guy sounds 'a bit like'? Sure. This guy sounds 'like it is'? Not even close.

Just a few things, without getting sucked into any of the seven ridiculous debates.

1. it's not Bono.

2. There is no such thing as bad publicity. I mean, even U2 have their own bag of tricks. The lost Atomic Bomb CD in June or July of 2004? Riiiight. Even U2 can benefit from good/bad/dumb publicity. INXS certainly can too.

3. The note about the song and the Irish singer is clearly leading us to believe that it is Bono, at least before listening to the song. An Irish singer? Ok, there are plenty of Irish singers/blokes or what have you, but why not just say who it is? I'd say the most common answer or connotation with Irish singer today would be Bono. It's a way to get more people to not only listen to the song, but talk about it too. And it clearly worked.

I guess I am random.:wave: It certainly is sparking a lot of interest and communication which is what the industry is all about.

I would appreciate it if you would not use my name on this forum.. and I just stated that it fools many u2 fans as well. So why share yourself with the randoms rather than the U2 fans? :scratch:

And that sparking of interest is exactly the reason why they're being so vague.

Besides this, the other link posted that this singer is INXS's new singer. So, why would Bono leave his successful band to join one his deceased best friend's?

I would appreciate it if you would not use my name on this forum.. and I just stated that it fools many u2 fans as well. So why share yourself with the randoms rather than the U2 fans? :scratch:

And that sparking of interest is exactly the reason why they're being so vague.

Besides this, the other link posted that this singer is INXS's new singer. So, why would Bono leave his successful band to join one his deceased best friend's?

Sorry.
Where is the the other link?

It was in the same post as the one you posted. Give me a sec to try and find it. Can you edit your post in the meantime to delete my name?

Nick66 said:
Notice there's no name calling there? I don't call anyone a troll (like you do), or an asshole, or dick, or any of the other names I've been called on here by people like you. So no, I haven't engaged in name calling, or vitriol.

And yesterday you referenced others calling me a "pompous ass" to support your own argument...then you deleted that "ass" part of that. Fortunately, it's still in the reply to that comment I did for all to see. So no, I was not "lying" about that either. If anyone wants to see your attempt to erase what you said, it's there for all to see.

And I responded to your "I could learn a lot from you" sarcasm with sarcasm, and now you're whining about it? That's rich.

And yes, when you respond to posts with silly pictures of trolls, I am going to question your maturity level. Unable to engage in debate, you eventually resort to the "troll" insult even time. And you have called me a troll on this site...multiple times, in fact, starting back with the remaster thing for having a minority opinion on the issue. That was before you started stalking me with your "I thought you didn't care" meme.

And yeah, saying that you might not know much about marketing is about as gentle as gentle barbs come. I never said we had to use kid gloves. I simply said said we should avoid vitriol and name calling (like calling someone a troll). I'm sorry if this quip damaged your sensibilities so much.

And I did not direct the "reading comprehension skills" comment at you, or any poster in particular. It was a general comment. I'm sorry if you saw yourself in it, but it was not directed at you.

Sorry, not buying your BS today anymore than yesterday.

So lets review. I responded to your sarcasm with sarcasm, questioned your maturity when you threw up some pictures of a troll and called me a troll, and made a comment about your understanding of marketing. Is that what you've got? Really? Where's the name calling there? I'm sorry if responding to your attacks is so damaging to you. If you can't take it, then I suggest you stop dishing it out.

Looking back on your comment history here, I see that you've gotten into multiple little spats like this with multiple people, including your sad proclivity to call anyone a "troll" who disagrees with you. The fact that you felt the need to respond to my call to civility with yet another attack is telling in at of itself.

I'm sure in your world "gvox" you'd just like to spray whatever attacks you'd like on whomever you'd like and people just roll over for it. Sorry, I give back as good as I get. I won't be the first one to throw a punch, but I'll be more than happy to hit back.

(sigh)

Try again.

:love:

That was more than I possibly could have hoped for.

I'd love to help you pass your time "debating" but Im killing my time sitting just above 3rd base Yankees v Jays. Enjoy your day! :) :wave:

Guess the new singer of INXS on FasterLouder.com.au
While the singer reunited with the band for a tour last year, according to The Age Fortune confirmed his official departure last month tweeting: “I have not been invited to be a part of INXS ‘New Music’.”

So who will be joining INXS on stage for their last live show of 2011? Given that the band recently recorded a self-tribute album Original Sin featuring dozens of musos, the list of possibilities is endless. Ben Harper, John Mayer, Rob Thomas and Australia’s own Dan Sultan all lent their vocals to songs on the album, along with Nikka Costa (who frankly, we’d love to see up front of the band) and Patrick Monahan from Train, who has surely had a lot of time on his hands since 2001.

It doesn't specifically link the new song to this, but it's quite coincidental that this article was posted around the same time don't you think? They're looking for a new singer, and suddenly there's a new track out with an unknown singer.

I don't need confirmation, i have confidence in me, i know it's Bono singing on this demo. i trust my ears and nothing else. Just sad to see there is a lot of morons around here, more than i thought, and i hope some cleaning on this forum once the truth in known... INXS has been lucky on this one here, we are talking a bit of them again. I hope Bono and The Edge are agree to make them publicity!

Don't forget it's only a demo! No one said that Bono would be the new singer of the band! Not at all! It is just a song put on the web!

Andrew is saying in his note that he just met an Irish friend and that they wrote a song together that IS ALL! He's so proud of this song that he put it on the net that's it! He don't talk about new singer for the band or others bs that a moron on this thread is hoaxing!

Guess the new singer of INXS on FasterLouder.com.au

It doesn't specifically link the new song to this, but it's quite coincidental that this article was posted around the same time don't you think? They're looking for a new singer, and suddenly there's a new track out with an unknown singer.

Right, I guess I am just not convinced yet and this doesn't show me. But whoever it is nice job INXS!

*opinion alert*

I don't think that the new song is being sung by any of those named in that link! :wink:

Andrew is saying in his note that he just met an Irish friend and that they wrote a song together that IS ALL! He's so proud of this song that he put it on the net that's it! He don't talk about new singer for the band or others bs that a moron on this thread is hoaxing!
Exactly. He just MET this Irish person. Nowhere does he use the word friend or imply he's ever met this person before.

He has met Bono before. And you should really stop calling people Morons. That's against the rules.

And are you sure Bono can sing like this, with him being so damn fat?

*opinion alert*

I don't think that the new song is being sung by any of those named in that link! :wink:
Agreed. But I still do think it sounds like that Rea Garvey dude.

Onoez. That was another opinion. :wink:

Maybe it's the mother in me, but I want to take a bunch of you from this thread (from *both* sides of the debate) and put you into time out to think about what you've done. :wink: It's only a song, for chrissakes. Something that should be fun to speculate about. It's not a life and death matter worthy of such vociferous arguing.

I can see similarities between this song and that Rea Garvey guy - sounds like it could be him doing his best Bono impersonation. The one thing I noticed though is that in the few songs of his I found on You Tube, when he pronounces the phoneme "th," it comes out as a hard "t" sound, as if does for many Irish people with a strong accent. In the INXS song, the singer doesn't do that.

eta - you can hear what I'm talking about pretty distinctly in this, his version of Hallelujah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YJ61gRNwg0&feature=related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom