New Album Stinks, U2 Should Retire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

u2guy2002

Babyface
Before I get attacked for being a troll and not liking U2, i want to let you know I have follwed U2 from the Boy album and LOVED everything they did up until Pop and I thought ATYCLB was a great album too. THey were and still are my favorite band but only on their old work. The last album Atomoic Bomb was medicre and bby U2 standards it was junk. I have hoped that this new album would be a comeback for U2 but after hering Boots and the 30 second clips I regret to say that U2 seem now to be
a terrible band. None of the guitar work is exciting or new. It is all the same basic riffs we have heard the Edge doing for years. These songs sound like rejects of what would have been on their old albums but now they are trying to sell us their crap as though it is great stuff? Iam very disappointed, because I am now seeing U2 degrade into an over exposed
boring band. They were once the most magnificent group ever
and now i can't stand to watch them. I know, if they try to do stadium shows in the USA, that it will be even worse than Pop. The stadiums will be half empty.

Can someone explain to me, why a seemingly great u2 song like Mercy

YouTube - U2 - Mercy

doesn't get on the new album but a piece of garbage like Boots, does?

I dont know what they are thinking.

They don't even try to reinvent themselves like they used to. Remeber how their looked changed from War to Joshua to Achtung. Now we are stuck with the same boring look for the past decade. Get rid of the stupid glasses and platform shoes. we know you are short Bono!

I know I will be attacked for not liking U2 but I think there are millions of fans like me who feel the same. I believe the amazon reviews for the new album will be very negative llike they were for Atomic Bomb. I am someone who wants U2 to succeed but I can't say they deserve any praise for the garbage they are releasing. I rather never hear a U2 album again if they are going to continue on this spiral down.

This thread stinks, it should be closed

This thread is gonna get biiiiiiiitched.

How can you already know the album stinks when its, oh wait, not OUT yet?

how come every troll nowadays has to start their stupid rants by telling us about how much of a fan they are?

"Look guys I love U2, I was there from the beginning, I own 4 copies of The Joshua Tree and I hang out with Larry on the weekends but I have to tell you all how much I hate the new album..." :blahblah:

fucking weak :down:

oh and Mercy sucks, by the way.

I have heard the single and it sucks bigtime. You don't hear anyone saying the new stuff is good except the diehard fans who will say they like anything with a U2 label on it. I heard the 30 second clips and they are boring

how come every troll nowadays has to start their stupid rants by telling us about how much of a fan they are?

"Look guys I love U2, I was there from the beginning, I own 4 copies of The Joshua Tree and I hang out with Larry on the weekends but I have to tell you all how much I hate the new album..." :blahblah:

fucking weak :down:

oh and Mercy sucks, by the way.

I've been a U2 fan for years, grew up on their music, put their kids through school, played guitar on Pop, and I think every post on Interference should start with us telling each other how much of a fan we are.

Listen dickhead, we are the true U2 fans. We were their from the beginning and we are the ones who made U2 the band they are today. Without us oldtimers, Bono would be sweeping floors, so shut the f##k up.

People like you are just the band wagon losers who wouldn't know good music if it slapped you in the face. people like me, recognized U2's greatness when no one knew who they were and they were playing 100 people gigs. Now that they are famous and rich , do the little idiots like you tell us that we don't know shit. It was the real old time fans who U2 owe their gratitude not the little idiot newcomers who are telling us the new stuff is great when if this crap was released when they started out they would have never been a successful band

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom