Need some help on U2 interviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullenFan

Acrobat
as our u2 tribute band is to play some theaters in the Netherlands, we thought to add some gimmicks to our show. So we do the usual: a choir, a bellydancer and a Mary J Blige thing. Those things will certainly entertain a theater crowd.
We're also bringing along 6 huge plasma tv's to create some sort of zoo tv effect. Now, we have this idea of using the real U2 to introduce some songs, by means of using interview material.
So, just as an example, we could use the footage from R&H where Bono talks a bit about Sunday bloody Sunday before the song actually starts.

Since there's a lot of U2 fans over here, maybe you could point out some funny or good or serious interviews with the band. Preferably available on dvd (I have em all) or on dvd bootleg (so I can download it).

Of course, any other bright ideas on the theater show itself are most welcome :)

oh wooow..i never saw this thread...dude, there are TONS of absolutely hilarious moments throughout U2 videos..I'm fairly certain I've watched everything there is to watch on youtube...you should seriously check those out...there's some brilliant stuff on there as well, not just funny stuff

oh wooow..i never saw this thread...dude, there are TONS of absolutely hilarious moments throughout U2 videos..I'm fairly certain I've watched everything there is to watch on youtube...you should seriously check those out...there's some brilliant stuff on there as well, not just funny stuff
Thanks Rob. The point is, I know there's a lot of stuff out there. But it's really hard to get "the gems", the things that are really worth using.

post some of your favs then :):up:

I gotta go to sleep right now but ummm...Off the Record 2006...Bono says "I"m just a voice for God, and God uses me" in this hialrious voice. He is making fun of people who talk about or to God in ridiculous ways if I remember correctly. Anyway I gotta sleep...

oh yeah and if you want to use them to introduce songs, Bono in that same interview talks about Acrobat and says an important line in the song and then talks about the meaning of the song...It's brief enough where it could be an effective intro.

Also in that same interview Bono recites "in the howlin' wind comes a stingin' rain" as he describes it as a sort of "biblical epic"....and the way he says this line is sorta cool...I think it could work as an intro to the song, or something, I don't know....shit I'm tired...ok I have to gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Good luck :wave:

Back
Top Bottom