Name Something You Like About Your Least Favourite Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All That You Can't Leave Behind: the ending of Walk On

I thought Rattle and Hum was my least favourite, but ATYCLB takes the cake. Too many great moments on R&H (Heartland, All I Want Is You, God Part II...).

Rattle and Hum has some brilliant moments, such as Heartland, All I Want is You...

Hutdab has a number of great songs that stand well on their own

War has a sensational first half. And yes, War is low on my list. October is fart better as an album.

Pride
The Unforgettable Fire
and Wire

all together

the rest is just blah

Get out

I at least like every U2 album, but, my least favorite is easily ATYCLB.

That being said, I think When I Look at the World is a wonderful song, and I like Kite and portions of Walk On, too.

my least favourite album is ATYCLB, and what I like about it ? Bono has got nice haircut on cover

HTDAAB is my least favorite, but I got out of my computer chair and danced around the room the first time I heard Vertigo. That was a great moment, even if I did eventually get sick to death of that song.

OK, seriously. I adore Love and Peace or Else. I can forgive the not-as-great-as-they-could-have-been lyrics because the song kicks so much ass musically.

Least favourite U2 album...Bomb. I actually think that Sometimes you can't....is a very sincere beautiful song, definitely the highpoint of a largely disappointing album for me, I do like COBL and Vertigo isn't bad. Fast Cars is another highpoint but as it doesn't feature on the majority of the HTDAAB copies worldwide I put SYCMIOYO first.

Rattle & Hum = Worst album

Good things the worst album:

The Rattle & Hum film
Heartland
Desire
An Edge lead vocal

Hmm... here are the albums that are lower-ranked for me... not bad albums, per se, but lower ranked than the masterpieces.

Hutdab: It produced COBL, SYCMIOYO (yes, I love that song, despite its simplicity) some other nice tidbits (Yahweh, OOTS, OSC)... and... ah, screw it. I like Vertigo, too. A lot. :rockon: Also, it produced my second favorite tour, after Zoo TV, and began the upward trend in Bono's voice.

Attyclub: Beautiful Day, Walk On, Stuck in a Moment, Kite, and The Ground Beneath Her Feet, and some other nice tidbits, like Bomb (When I Look At The World, Peace One Earth, etc. aren't half bad). I'm not a big fan of the Elevation Tour, though.

October: Gloria, Tomorrow, October, I Fall Down, Fire, and all of the raw energy that the band had in the early 80s can't have too terrible of results.

Basically ditto for me. :up:

My least favorite album is certainly October, but I can say that I love the energy on that album. It's incredibly frantic and bursting with energy. The band play faster than they probably ever have and Bono's vocals just scream right through the songs.

Gloria, Rejoice, Fire, With A Shout, October, and Tomorrow are all great songs.

Back
Top Bottom