Mysterious Ways (1997-08-02 Gothenburg)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hasin73

Refugee

This version of MW during POPMART Ullevi Stadium. Wow.... Just WOW !!! What a perfect SNIPPET to the song. This snippet made the version of MW even better. I will go as far to say that this unknown snippet is the best ever snippet sung during the extended guitar solo of Edge for the song MW .

That's a pretty good improv verse (if it's not an unnamed snippet) in the end. Bono used to be great at those. The 1990-01-06 Rotterdam version of Running to Stand Still is another great example.

Last edited:
Someone will inevitably mention this one if I don't

Listening to these older clips got me nostalgic.. While Bono's voice is pretty good these days, I do miss the variances in his singing and how it evolved from 86-97. He's kind of hit his comfort zone these last 16 years.. granted, Elevation era was a little rough.

But looking back at 86-97 there was raw power vocals during the Amnesty Tour of 86.. Croaky throat singing Kermit-y Joshua Tree era Bono of 87.. Silky, deeper register (sometimes reverb enhanced) Lovetown era Bono of 89-90.. Lovely falsetto and restrained power Bono of 92-93.. and then the rough but still going to try era Bono during Popmart.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Thanks all for these links. I'd not seen/heard any of them. Brilliant

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom