My Ultimate Order Of All U2 Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarvio

War Child
I have finally finished rank-ordering every single original U2 song.

Just some notes though:
- I have excluded songs not written by U2, so basically cover versions
- I have also excluded alternate versions of pre-existing U2 songs, so no single versions, just the main album versions. And no live versions (unless they're the only version that exists). 1 Version per song
- I didn't include that Ballad of Ronnie Drew thing as it's a massive collab

Hope you enjoy my order. The number next to the song is the mark out of 10 I have given it. Please don't be offended by some of my choices/scores. We like what we like, and if we all liked/hated the same things, the world would be a boring place!

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses 10
The Unforgettable Fire 10
New Year's Day 9.5
Walk On 9.5
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me 9.5
Kite 9.5
With Or Without You 9.5
One 9.5
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own 9
Acrobat 9
Red Hill Mining Town 8.5
When I Look At The World 8.5
Miracle Drug 8.5
A Sort Of Homecoming 8
In God's Country 8
Lucifer's Hands 8
City Of Blinding Lights 8
If God Will Send His Angels 8
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of 8
Always 8
Disappearing Act 8
The Ground Beneath Her Feet 8
Rise Up 8
Electrical Storm 8
Beautiful Day 8
Song For Someone 8
The Troubles 8
Two Hearts Beat As One 8
Surrender 8
Mercy 8
Into The Heart 8
The Crystal Ballroom 8
Heartland 8
Wire 7.5
Cedarwood Road 7.5
Invisible 7.5
Ultra Violet (Light My Way) 7.5
Original Of The Species 7.5
Until The End Of The World 7.5
So Cruel 7.5
Mysterious Ways 7.5
"40" 7.5
One Tree Hill 7.5
Where The Streets Have No Name 7.5
Angel Of Harlem 7.5
Staring At The Sun 7.5
Love Is Blindness 7.5
October 7.5
A Man And A Woman 7.5
Raised By Wolves 7.5
Sleep Like A Baby Tonight 7.5
Boomerang I 7
Sunday Bloody Sunday 7
Bass Trap 7
Wild Honey 7
Do You Feel Loved 7
Fez - Being Born 7
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight 7
Running To Stand Still 7
Volcano 7
Breathe 7
Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World 7
Elevation 7
11 O'clock Tick Tock 7
Crumbs From Your Table 7
Trip Through Your Wires 7
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For 7
Moment Of Surrender 7
Summer Rain 7
Magnificent 7
This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now 7
Yahweh 7
All I Want Is You 7
The Electric Co. 7
With A Shout (Jerusalem) 7
Love You Like Mad 7
The Hands That Built America 7
Sweetest Thing 7
Window In The Skies 7
Pride (In The Name Of Love) 7
Speed Of Life 6.5
Shadows And Tall Trees 6.5
Soon 6.5
I Will Follow 6.5
In A Little While 6.5
Lemon 6.5
Levitate 6.5
Ordinary Love 6.5
Things To Make And Do 6.5
Slow Dancing 6.5
Winter 6.5
Peace On Earth 6.5
Bullet The Blue Sky 6.5
Some Days Are Better Than Others 6.5
Stay (Far Away, So Close!) 6.5
Gone 6.5
Mofo 6.5
Iris (Hold Me Close) 6.5
Please 6.5
Another Time, Another Place 6.5
Babyface 6.5
Native Son 6.5
Vertigo 6.5
The First Time 6.5
Your Blue Room 6.5
Wave Of Sorrow (Birdland) 6.5
Seconds 6.5
Exit 6.5
Scarlet 6.5
Angels Too Tied To The Ground 6.5
Oh Berlin 6.5
A Celebration 6.5
Twilight 6.5
Every Breaking Wave 6
Flower Child 6
All Because Of You 6
The Three Sunrises 6
Indian Summer Sky 6
Desire 6
A Day Without Me 6
Bad 6
Gloria 6
An Cat Dubh 6
Mothers Of The Disappeared 5.5
Drowning Man 5.5
Like A Song... 5.5
White As Snow 5.5
I Fall Down 5.5
Where Did It All Go Wrong 5.5
Stateless 5.5
Miss Sarajevo 5.5
Cedars Of Lebanon 5.5
Love Comes Tumbling 5.5
Even Better Than The Real Thing 5.5
Walk To The Water 5.5
Endless Deep 5.5
Another Day 5.5
Xanax And Wine 5.5
Yoshino Blossom 5.5
Silver And Gold 5.5
Tomorrow 5.5
Stranger In A Strange Land 5.5
The Fly 5
Fast Cars 5
No Line On The Horizon 5
Zoo Station 5
Are You Gonna Wait Forever? 5
Fire 5
Saturday Night 5
Luminous Times (Hold On To Love) 5
Spanish Eyes 5
Van Diemen's Land 5
Stand Up Comedy 5
The Ocean 5
4th Of July 5
Promenade 5
California (There Is No End To Love) 5
Get On Your Boots 5
The Playboy Mansion 5
One Step Closer 5
God Part II 5
Last Night On Earth 5
New York 5
Wake Up Dead Man 5
Dirty Day 5
The Wanderer 5
Rejoice 5
Is That All? 5
Zooropa 4.5
I'm Not Your Baby 4.5
I Threw A Brick Through A Window 4.5
Trash, Trampoline And The Party Girl 4.5
Race Against Time 4.5
J.Swallo 4.5
Lady With The Spinning Head 4.5
Plot 180 4.5
Smile 4.5
Salome 4.5
Unknown Caller 4.5
Stories For Boys 4.5
The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone) 4.5
Discotheque 4.5
Beach Sequence 4.5
Numb 4.5
Red Light 4.5
Heaven And Hell 4.5
Big Girls Are Best 4.5
If You Wear That Velvet Dress 4.5
Hawkmoon 269 4.5
Out Of Control 4
Elvis Presley And America 4
Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop) 4
North Star 4
When Love Comes To Town 4
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car 4
Down All The Days 4
Slug 4
The Fool 4
One Minute Warning 4
Sixty Seconds In Kingdome Come 4
Grace 4
Near The Island 4
Touch 3.5
North And South Of The River 3.5
Hallelujha Here She Comes 3.5
Love Rescue Me 3.5
Love And Peace Or Else 3.5
Street Mission 3.5
Theme From Let's Go Native 3
The Refugee 3
Boy/Girl 2.5
Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad 2.5
Desert Of Our Love 2.5
Cartoon World 2.5
Deep In The Heart 2.5
Holy Joe 2.5
MLK 2
Blow Your House Down 2
Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk / Korova 1 2
A Different Kind Of Blue 2
Always Forever Now 2
A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel 1.5
Miami 1.5
Elvis Ate America 1
United Colours 1
Drunk Chicken / America 1
Viva Davidoff 0.5
Ito Okashi 0.5
Corpse (These Chains Are Way Too Long) 0.5
Theme From The Swan 0.5
Beautiful Ghost / Introduction To Songs Of Experience 0.5

And from all this, it enabled me to calculate my album order. So here it is, with each album's score out of 10.

1 Achtung Baby 7.37
2 The Joshua Tree 7.31
3 All That You Can't Leave Behind 7.22
4 How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb 6.86
5 Songs Of Innocence 6.77
6 War 6.5
7 The Unforgettable Fire 6.05
8 Boy 6.04
9 No Line On The Horizon 5.95
10 October 5.72
11 Pop 5.62
12 Rattle And Hum 5.6
13 Zooropa 5.55

I left out Passengers as it's not official, but tbh it was the bottom anway, it had about 2.8 or something!
Excluded compilations, best ofs etc. And for Rattle And Hum, I excluded live versions of pre-existing songs (except Silver and Gold because it doesn't appear on another U2 album). Also excluded the live covers.

Would love to see some more lists, but I know it takes a lot of time. Interested to hear any comments, and if anyone wants to know my reasoning behind any song's position/score, I would be happy to explain my reasons.

Last edited:
You definitely have an affinity for ATYCLB. Walk On, Kite, WILATW are very high on your list where I would them have much lower. I guess that's why we all have different tastes. Surprised to see Bad low on your list.

Deep in the Heart is one of my favorite hidden gems. I might actually have it ranked ahead of most of ATYCLB.

Nice to see similar ambition in making a whole list. I did a similar list in a thread about a year ago. I'll try to dig it up and tweak it in excel. Ebbtrt is my number 1 followed by Pride at 2. My list was heavy on AB

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Most of my favourite tracks are ranked 6 and below so I guess we became fans in different eras.

Bad, Luminous Times, Drowning Man, Walk to the Water, Hawkmoon 269, God Part II, Lady With The Spinning Head, Zooropa ... some of the greatest songs U2 ever wrote (IMHO) sit in your bottom half.

Sorry, we can't be friends ?

Most of my favourite tracks are ranked 6 and below so I guess we became fans in different eras.

Bad, Luminous Times, Drowning Man, Walk to the Water, Hawkmoon 269, God Part II, Lady With The Spinning Head, Zooropa ... some of the greatest songs U2 ever wrote (IMHO) sit in your bottom half.

Sorry, we can't be friends ?

In my ranking world, a song with a score of 6 is a pretty good score really, in the grand scheme of things.

I would say the "bad scores" come in from 3.5 and lower, for me at least.

Bad is a decent song, but I have never been big on it. I always found it too long and samey, although having said that, the melodies are nice and it has grown on me in recent years.

Wow, that was amazing and obviously took ALOT of time and effort!! I am a longtime fan (27 yrs), but can't believe that I haven't heard a lot of the songs on your list. I'm just curioius, how long have you been a fan? I've been listening to U2 for more than 1/2 my life (yes, I'm old, -50 lol) but am wondering what is the best place to get the more obscure songs? I'm actually sitting here, right now, listening to "40", as I am typing this, and have all the cd's and quite a lot of the singles, including a lot of imports, etc, and the Passengers cd and the MDH soundtrack, I used to work in NYC back in the day when (right next door to MSG) you could actually go into record stores and buy bootleg cds, if you could imagine that!! But I am trying to find a good source where I could get some of the songs I don't have and download them...and FYi, some of my favs are RTSS, So Cruel (those lyrics!!!) God Part 2, Please, Bad, Stay, AIWIY, UTEOTW, Walk on,
Gone, One, North and South of the River, SYCMIOYO, OOC, NYD, 40, WTSHNN, IGC, OTH, WOWY, TEC, ASOH, Pride, MOS, NLOTH, IGWSHA, TCB, SLABT, Acrobat, EBTTRT,
WITS, BD, The Troubles, EBW, Salome, Slow Dancing, ES, Miss Sarajevo, Fire, Magnificent, TUF, the live version of SBS from Sarajevo (w/ Edge on vocals) ADWM, ITABTAW, HHSC, Zooropa, TPM (ok,the lyrics are kinda so so, but I still love this song!!) LWTSH, MW, SIAMYCGOO, HMTMKMKM, YBR, UV, ISHFWILF, Always, DYFL, LNOE, SDABTO, and, even though it isn't an official U2 song, since Bono still sings it, I am still counting it, the song "In the Name of the Father", that he does with Gavin Friday, from the movie with Daniel Day-Lewis (Amazing Actor, BTW) check out the movie if you haven't seen it- absolutely knock it out of the f'ing park! Sorry for the long post.... Mine aren't in any particular order ( I'm a SAHM) and really don't have that much time to rate all those songs so meticulously like you did, but you did an excellent job! Please, everyone else who happens to read this, let me know how I can go about getting all of those other lesser known songs so I get them...(believe it or not, I just got a iphone for Christmas, upgraded from a flip phone... yeah, I am old school....still don't have an ipod yet, so I am going to ask my daughter to download all the songs I don't have on cd, and put them on the iphone for me... you know the line from Crumbs from Your Table? "Sister Ann she says dignity passes by...." ? I say, (and it's kind of funny cause my name is Ann, also) that technology has passed me by lol! So, anyway, in my rush to get this post wrapped up, and I have to leave this hotel room soon, (I got another gift for Christmas from my sister and bro-in-law, both extremely generous, loving people) the gift of peace and quiet, to work on things and to get away from all the "bang and the clatter" before this "angel" definitely, literally, hit the ground!!! I did put something I wrote for them, a poem, to thank them for helping me, when I need it the most, (think Crumbs again...) on their FB page, and I do hope they see it, but I'm not sure if they will or not. I also put it on my own FB page, but I am working on some other things also, so needed some quiet time to myself. Anyway, here are a few more favs...CFYT, COBL, MD, SR, Elevation (LIVE, OF COURSE!!!) THBAO, LCT, TS, Surrender, OOTS and WILATW. OK, sorry for taking up so much of your time...I have been a member on here for 10 yrs and rarely post, I guess I just made up for that!!

Hey Ann. I'm from LI too. Are you in Suffolk or Nassau?

Keeping on topic. Congrats Jarvio on compiling your list. Not an easy task by any means.

Wow, that was amazing and obviously took ALOT of time and effort!! I am a longtime fan (27 yrs), but can't believe that I haven't heard a lot of the songs on your list. I'm just curioius, how long have you been a fan? I've been listening to U2 for more than 1/2 my life (yes, I'm old, -50 lol) but am wondering what is the best place to get the more obscure songs? I'm actually sitting here, right now, listening to "40", as I am typing this, and have all the cd's and quite a lot of the singles, including a lot of imports, etc, and the Passengers cd and the MDH soundtrack, I used to work in NYC back in the day when (right next door to MSG) you could actually go into record stores and buy bootleg cds, if you could imagine that!! But I am trying to find a good source where I could get some of the songs I don't have and download them...and FYi, some of my favs are RTSS, So Cruel (those lyrics!!!) God Part 2, Please, Bad, Stay, AIWIY, UTEOTW, Walk on,
Gone, One, North and South of the River, SYCMIOYO, OOC, NYD, 40, WTSHNN, IGC, OTH, WOWY, TEC, ASOH, Pride, MOS, NLOTH, IGWSHA, TCB, SLABT, Acrobat, EBTTRT,
WITS, BD, The Troubles, EBW, Salome, Slow Dancing, ES, Miss Sarajevo, Fire, Magnificent, TUF, the live version of SBS from Sarajevo (w/ Edge on vocals) ADWM, ITABTAW, HHSC, Zooropa, TPM (ok,the lyrics are kinda so so, but I still love this song!!) LWTSH, MW, SIAMYCGOO, HMTMKMKM, YBR, UV, ISHFWILF, Always, DYFL, LNOE, SDABTO, and, even though it isn't an official U2 song, since Bono still sings it, I am still counting it, the song "In the Name of the Father", that he does with Gavin Friday, from the movie with Daniel Day-Lewis (Amazing Actor, BTW) check out the movie if you haven't seen it- absolutely knock it out of the f'ing park! Sorry for the long post.... Mine aren't in any particular order ( I'm a SAHM) and really don't have that much time to rate all those songs so meticulously like you did, but you did an excellent job! Please, everyone else who happens to read this, let me know how I can go about getting all of those other lesser known songs so I get them...(believe it or not, I just got a iphone for Christmas, upgraded from a flip phone... yeah, I am old school....still don't have an ipod yet, so I am going to ask my daughter to download all the songs I don't have on cd, and put them on the iphone for me... you know the line from Crumbs from Your Table? "Sister Ann she says dignity passes by...." ? I say, (and it's kind of funny cause my name is Ann, also) that technology has passed me by lol! So, anyway, in my rush to get this post wrapped up, and I have to leave this hotel room soon, (I got another gift for Christmas from my sister and bro-in-law, both extremely generous, loving people) the gift of peace and quiet, to work on things and to get away from all the "bang and the clatter" before this "angel" definitely, literally, hit the ground!!! I did put something I wrote for them, a poem, to thank them for helping me, when I need it the most, (think Crumbs again...) on their FB page, and I do hope they see it, but I'm not sure if they will or not. I also put it on my own FB page, but I am working on some other things also, so needed some quiet time to myself. Anyway, here are a few more favs...CFYT, COBL, MD, SR, Elevation (LIVE, OF COURSE!!!) THBAO, LCT, TS, Surrender, OOTS and WILATW. OK, sorry for taking up so much of your time...I have been a member on here for 10 yrs and rarely post, I guess I just made up for that!!

Thanks for the kind words :)

To answer your questions:
- I've been a U2 fan since around the time of ATYCLB I think. My first experience was the best of 1980-1990, so we're talking late 90's/early 2000's. I'm 30 years old, so obviously not been there from the beginning, but loved the band's music as soon as I heard it.

- Where did I download the obscure songs? Basically, there was no 1 source, and it wasn't easy either. I think you're best bet is to just type in on google "download *u2 song* for free" (type the song title where I put *u2 song*), and you might get lucky, however, obviously be careful on the links, and expect pop-ups and stuff. A site called fastmp3.me seemed to have a lot of them on there, but not all. I'm guessing most of the songs you haven't heard are either b-sides or songs from the anniversary/delux editions of various u2 albums.

This wikipedia list helped me find/learn about the more obscure tracks. A list of all songs recorded by U2. It also includes all the covers they've recorded too, which aren't on my list. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_recorded_by_U2

There's a song on there that I wasn't sure whether to include or not called "She's A Mystery To Me". It is a Roy Orbison cover, but it was written by Bono and The Edge for Roy Orbison. So in a way, it is a U2 song... kind of. Not sure.

Last edited:
There are sites that let you download the audio from YouTube videos. You could try those

If you read the forum rules, i believe it states that every single member must compile a similar list by their 10 year anniversary or face discipline, which may or may not include public humiliation, ridicule, and scorn.

Personally i enjoy humiliation and ridicule, which is why i have never published such a list. That, and i really have no idea how to even begin such an undertaking. Good job though. :up:

This is a list I came up with last year and posted. Giving it a quick glance, I'd make a few tweaks. I also forgot a couple tracks LIB, WUDM, OL, Invisible. So I put them in with duplicate numbers. I'm missing some B-sides that didn't stand out enough to make the cut.

If somebody wanted to put in the time to score an all time song ranking list, have everybody rank their top 50 tracks. Ever song gets point value according to place ranking. A number one song gets 50 pts, number 2 49 pts, and so forth.

173.) Stranger in a Strange Land
172.) Shadows and Tall Trees
171.) Grace
170.) Big Girls are Best
169.) Stand Up Comedy
168.) Love Rescue Me
167.) With a Shout (Jerusalem)
166.) North Star
165.) Red Light
164.) Wild Honey
163.) Wake Up Dead Man
163.) Love and Peace or Else
162.) Glastonbury
161.) Peace on Earth
160.) Miami
159.) The Refugee
159.) Lucifer's HAnds
158.) A Day Without Me
157.) 4th of July
156.) Where Did it All Go Wrong
155.) Are You Going to Wait Forever
154.) Always
153.) A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel
152.) Is That All?
151.) A Celebration
150.) Walk to the Water
149.) Holy Joe
148.) Hallelujah Here She Comes
147.) Summer Rain
146.) Cedars of Lebanon
145.) Stories for Boys
144.) Slug
143.) The Playboy Mansion
142.) The Wanderer
141.) The Lady with the Spinning Head
140.) The Ocean
139.) Into the Heart
138.) Fire
137.) Babyface
136.) I Fall Down
135.) Surrender
134.) Twilight
133.) All Because of You
132.) One Step Closer
131.) North and South of the River
130.) Stateless
129.) When Love Comes to Town
128.) Wire
127.) Fast Cars
126.) An Cat Dubh
125.) Crumbs from Your Table
124.) Miracle Drug
123.) Van Dieman's Land
122.) I Threw a Brick Through a Window
121.) Scarlet
120.) Yahweh
119.) New York
118.) Your Blue Room
117.) Indian Summer Sky
116.) Original of the Species
115.) If God Will Send His Angels
114.) Window In the Skies
113.) Song for Someone
112.) Silver and Gold
111.) Dirty Day
110.) Party Girl
109.) Get on Your Boots
108.) Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car
107.) When I Look at the World
106.) White As Snow
105.) Some Days are Better than Others
104.) Another Time Another Place
103.) If You Wear That Velvet Dress
102.) The Hands that Built America
101.) MLK
100.) Breathe
99.) 40
98.) In a Little While
97.) Crazy Tonight
96.) Mothers of the Disappeared
95.) Luminous Times ( Hold on to Love )
94.) October
93.) Seconds
92.) Rejoice
91.) Volcano
90.) Unknown Caller
89.) Electric Co.
89.) Crystal Ballroom
88.) Staring at the Sun
87.) Last Night on Earth
86.) Elivs Presley and America
85.) Fez-Being Born
84.) Trip Thru Your Wires
83.) Kite
82.) Promenade
81.) Love Comes Tumbling
80.) Iris (Hold Me Close)
79.) Walk On
78.) Cedarwood Road
77.) Elevation
76.) Numb
75.) Two Hearts Beat as One
74.) The First Time
73.) Drowning Man
72.) Spanish Eyes
71.) Angel of Harlem
70.) Stuck in a Moment
69.) So Cruel
68.) Sometimes You Can't Make it on your Own
68.) Invisible
67.) Salome
66.) Deep in the Heart
65.) Like A Song
64.) A Man and A Woman
63.) Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World
62.) 11'O Clock Tick Tock
62.) Ordinary Love
61.) Exit
60.) Electrical Storm
59.) Hawkmoon 269
58.) No Line on the Horizon
57.) Tomorrow
56.) The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
55.) The Ground Beneath Her Feet
54.) Red Hill Mining Town
53.) Heartland
52.) Running to Standstill
51.) I Will Follow
50.) City of Blinding Lights
49.) The Three Sunrises
48.) Vertigo
47.) Sleep Like a Baby Tonight
46.) Mofo
45.) California (There is No End to Love)
44.) Gone
43.) Please
42.) This is Where You Can Reach Me Now
41.) Out of Control
40.) Discotheque
39.) Do You Feel Loved?
38.) Miss Sarajevo
38.) Love is Blindness
37.) Mercy
36.) Acrobat
35.) One Tree Hill
34.) Raised by Wolves
33.) The Unforgettable Fire
32.) Zoo Station
31.) Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
30.) Bullet the Blue Sky
29.) God Part II
28.) Every Breaking Wave
27.) Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
26.) Stay (Faraway, So Close)
25.) Ultraviolet
24.) The Troubles
23.) With or Without You
22.) Desire
21.) The Sweetest Thing (Single)
20.) Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
19.) Zooropa
18.) Sunday Bloody Sunday
17.) Moment of Surrender
16.) New Year's Day
15.) Beautiful Day
14.) Magnificent
13.) Bad
12.) The Fly
11.) One
10.) Mysterious Ways
9.) Where the Streets Have No Name
8.) A Sort of Homecoming
7.) Lemon
6.) Gloria
5.) In God's Country
4.) All I Want is You
3.) Until the End of the World
2.) Pride
1.) Even Better Than the Real Thing

This is a list I came up with last year and posted. Giving it a quick glance, I'd make a few tweaks. I also forgot a couple tracks LIB, WUDM, OL, Invisible. So I put them in with duplicate numbers. I'm missing some B-sides that didn't stand out enough to make the cut.

If somebody wanted to put in the time to score an all time song ranking list, have everybody rank their top 50 tracks. Ever song gets point value according to place ranking. A number one song gets 50 pts, number 2 49 pts, and so forth.

173.) Stranger in a Strange Land
172.) Shadows and Tall Trees
171.) Grace
170.) Big Girls are Best
169.) Stand Up Comedy
168.) Love Rescue Me
167.) With a Shout (Jerusalem)
166.) North Star
165.) Red Light
164.) Wild Honey
163.) Wake Up Dead Man
163.) Love and Peace or Else
162.) Glastonbury
161.) Peace on Earth
160.) Miami
159.) The Refugee
159.) Lucifer's HAnds
158.) A Day Without Me
157.) 4th of July
156.) Where Did it All Go Wrong
155.) Are You Going to Wait Forever
154.) Always
153.) A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel
152.) Is That All?
151.) A Celebration
150.) Walk to the Water
149.) Holy Joe
148.) Hallelujah Here She Comes
147.) Summer Rain
146.) Cedars of Lebanon
145.) Stories for Boys
144.) Slug
143.) The Playboy Mansion
142.) The Wanderer
141.) The Lady with the Spinning Head
140.) The Ocean
139.) Into the Heart
138.) Fire
137.) Babyface
136.) I Fall Down
135.) Surrender
134.) Twilight
133.) All Because of You
132.) One Step Closer
131.) North and South of the River
130.) Stateless
129.) When Love Comes to Town
128.) Wire
127.) Fast Cars
126.) An Cat Dubh
125.) Crumbs from Your Table
124.) Miracle Drug
123.) Van Dieman's Land
122.) I Threw a Brick Through a Window
121.) Scarlet
120.) Yahweh
119.) New York
118.) Your Blue Room
117.) Indian Summer Sky
116.) Original of the Species
115.) If God Will Send His Angels
114.) Window In the Skies
113.) Song for Someone
112.) Silver and Gold
111.) Dirty Day
110.) Party Girl
109.) Get on Your Boots
108.) Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car
107.) When I Look at the World
106.) White As Snow
105.) Some Days are Better than Others
104.) Another Time Another Place
103.) If You Wear That Velvet Dress
102.) The Hands that Built America
101.) MLK
100.) Breathe
99.) 40
98.) In a Little While
97.) Crazy Tonight
96.) Mothers of the Disappeared
95.) Luminous Times ( Hold on to Love )
94.) October
93.) Seconds
92.) Rejoice
91.) Volcano
90.) Unknown Caller
89.) Electric Co.
89.) Crystal Ballroom
88.) Staring at the Sun
87.) Last Night on Earth
86.) Elivs Presley and America
85.) Fez-Being Born
84.) Trip Thru Your Wires
83.) Kite
82.) Promenade
81.) Love Comes Tumbling
80.) Iris (Hold Me Close)
79.) Walk On
78.) Cedarwood Road
77.) Elevation
76.) Numb
75.) Two Hearts Beat as One
74.) The First Time
73.) Drowning Man
72.) Spanish Eyes
71.) Angel of Harlem
70.) Stuck in a Moment
69.) So Cruel
68.) Sometimes You Can't Make it on your Own
68.) Invisible
67.) Salome
66.) Deep in the Heart
65.) Like A Song
64.) A Man and A Woman
63.) Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World
62.) 11'O Clock Tick Tock
62.) Ordinary Love
61.) Exit
60.) Electrical Storm
59.) Hawkmoon 269
58.) No Line on the Horizon
57.) Tomorrow
56.) The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
55.) The Ground Beneath Her Feet
54.) Red Hill Mining Town
53.) Heartland
52.) Running to Standstill
51.) I Will Follow
50.) City of Blinding Lights
49.) The Three Sunrises
48.) Vertigo
47.) Sleep Like a Baby Tonight
46.) Mofo
45.) California (There is No End to Love)
44.) Gone
43.) Please
42.) This is Where You Can Reach Me Now
41.) Out of Control
40.) Discotheque
39.) Do You Feel Loved?
38.) Miss Sarajevo
38.) Love is Blindness
37.) Mercy
36.) Acrobat
35.) One Tree Hill
34.) Raised by Wolves
33.) The Unforgettable Fire
32.) Zoo Station
31.) Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
30.) Bullet the Blue Sky
29.) God Part II
28.) Every Breaking Wave
27.) Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
26.) Stay (Faraway, So Close)
25.) Ultraviolet
24.) The Troubles
23.) With or Without You
22.) Desire
21.) The Sweetest Thing (Single)
20.) Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
19.) Zooropa
18.) Sunday Bloody Sunday
17.) Moment of Surrender
16.) New Year's Day
15.) Beautiful Day
14.) Magnificent
13.) Bad
12.) The Fly
11.) One
10.) Mysterious Ways
9.) Where the Streets Have No Name
8.) A Sort of Homecoming
7.) Lemon
6.) Gloria
5.) In God's Country
4.) All I Want is You
3.) Until the End of the World
2.) Pride
1.) Even Better Than the Real Thing

Cool list. Nice to see In God's Country and A Sort Of Homecoming in your top 10. Great songs.

Good idea about the top 50 thing. I'd consider doing that, but would need more lists from people obviously.

EDIT: Glastonbury - That's not on my list. I forgot all about it. I'll try and add it if I can find a file of it. It's not on that wikipedia list which is why I missed it, so there may be others too. Is there a recording of it out there somewhere?

Last edited:
Cool list. Nice to see In God's Country and A Sort Of Homecoming in your top 10. Great songs.

Good idea about the top 50 thing. I'd consider doing that, but would need more lists from people obviously.

EDIT: Glastonbury - That's not on my list. I forgot all about it. I'll try and add it if I can find a file of it. It's not on that wikipedia list which is why I missed it, so there may be others too. Is there a recording of it out there somewhere?

Glastonbury live - You can find it on Youtube.

I think you can get people on board with doing a top 50. People love seeing a full list like we've done, but its hard to take the time.

Call a new thread "U2 Top Fifty Project". Explain the scoring rules. And you will compile the numbers into an overall list that will include probably ~150 songs in the final list. A good way of finding a Interferencers consensus. Perhaps if we get a decent sample size around 15-25 lists we can publish it to the web as a definitive list compiled by U2 fans. I'm sure this is how Rolling Stone did their top 500 albums/songs lists. Experts fill out a ballot of 100 albums and the cumulative scores gave them more than enough to have 500 make the cut.

Glastonbury live - You can find it on Youtube.

I think you can get people on board with doing a top 50. People love seeing a full list like we've done, but its hard to take the time.

Call a new thread "U2 Top Fifty Project". Explain the scoring rules. And you will compile the numbers into an overall list that will include probably ~150 songs in the final list. A good way of finding a Interferencers consensus. Perhaps if we get a decent sample size around 15-25 lists we can publish it to the web as a definitive list compiled by U2 fans. I'm sure this is how Rolling Stone did their top 500 albums/songs lists. Experts fill out a ballot of 100 albums and the cumulative scores gave them more than enough to have 500 make the cut.

I will see what I can do. Maybe a top 20 list would be easier though and get more voters in?

Just something to add about my own list - The song "Please" isn't that high. But if it was the single version instead, it would be considerably higher. I Genuinely think it's single version is so much better than the album version. Honestly, it would have gone from 6.5 to about a 9. That would have boosted Pop up my albums list (which is already considerably brought down by Miami)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom