My U2 Story.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rival9500

The Fly
In 2001, I saw U2 for the first time in Pittsburgh. I met Bono, Adam, the Edge, and Larry before the show. I'm not so sure I'll ever really grasp the reality of that. I've seen them several times since. In 2011, I waited before the 360 Pittsburgh show and told Bono that 2 days later, I would be getting married to my best friend and that our first dance would be "All I want Is You". He gave me another moment I will never forget when he put his hand on my shoulder and told me it makes him so happy when he hears stories like that. I'm posting this here, because my first born son, Cameron, will be born (induced) within a week of the Pittsburgh Joshua Tree show I will be at and that this band has been there for the most important parts of my life, including pulling me out of a really dark time in my life when I was in high school. Thank you U2.

That's a nice story -- not hard to imagine Bono being genuinely happy to hear of your wedding setlist opener :)

They've been there for me too. Saw them for the first time in June 1983 on the War tour (with The Alarm opening..) .. knew very little about them except I loved New Year's Day on the radio (the sound of that guitar solo sending a chill down the spine! nothing else sounded like that music) and the show was a musical life-changer. They were just hitting arena level shows. Somehow snagged 20th row floor seats day of the show and I'd NEVER felt such electricity flowing back and forth between an audience and a band. Bought Boy and October the next day (on vinyl, heh) and been there ever since.

Oops, sorry to hijack your story! Got carried away :) How nice to have meet them though. Good luck with your new son!

Back
Top Bottom