My Goal for the Joshua Tree Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CosmoKramer

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I started seeing U2 live in 1997. From 2001 up until the last time I saw them in 2015, I always knew what songs would be played and what they would sound like(1997 I saw the occasional set list online but not often enough to know what would be played). The Internet had taken the surprise out of the live show and now I'm taking it back(U2 pun).

I am going to the June 29th show at MetLife and my goal(it will be very difficult) is to make it until then without seeing a set list, pictures of the stage or watching any clips on YouTube.

I will say I have not been able to avoid (always my fault for the most part) spoilers for the tour but I'm going to give it a go!!!!!

I want that feeling of pure unknown going into this show from what they will play, how they will play it and in what order.

Who is with me? "Certainty of death, small chance of success...what are we waiting for?"

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Spoiler: they will play With or Without You.
Sorry I ruined your experience.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Well, I do hope they change the arrangement around and add back some of the "Joshua Tree era" endings.

I'm more excited to know about the non-JT songs that will be featured. I would LOVE to be surprised by an opening song like ASOH(that would be sick).

I'm going to try my best to do the same. My first show is only the 4th of the tour, so hopefully I can miss out on the first 3 setlist parties to keep myself in the moment in LA.

Same. If I can't last a week til the Rose Bowl I'll be pretty ashamed of myself.

It's not trying to see the setlists that tend to spoil me but rather just reading reviews here from fellow members and then seeing the discussion that follows.

I'm going to remain spoiler free!!!!

(Thanks, Vancouver, for being the opening show and making this super easy. :wink: )

I started seeing U2 live in 1997. From 2001 up until the last time I saw them in 2015, I always knew what songs would be played and what they would sound like(1997 I saw the occasional set list online but not often enough to know what would be played). The Internet had taken the surprise out of the live show and now I'm taking it back(U2 pun).

I am going to the June 29th show at MetLife and my goal(it will be very difficult) is to make it until then without seeing a set list, pictures of the stage or watching any clips on YouTube.

I will say I have not been able to avoid (always my fault for the most part) spoilers for the tour but I'm going to give it a go!!!!!

I want that feeling of pure unknown going into this show from what they will play, how they will play it and in what order.

Who is with me? "Certainty of death, small chance of success...what are we waiting for?"

I think this would be awesome, but there's no way in hell I'll make it until Cleveland without looking. No way, I don't have the willpower.

Yeah I think I'm going to do it this time for the following reasons:

1. I'm too busy to follow along every night.

2. It's only like 3 weeks between the opening gig and the Chicago show. Really not a long time at all.

Yeah I think I'm going to do it this time for the following reasons:

1. I'm too busy to follow along every night.

2. It's only like 3 weeks between the opening gig and the Chicago show. Really not a long time at all.

It only takes one moment of weakness while on the computer to want to click on the previous nights setlist link or a video of Streets. Or to run into the thread titles "A Sort of Homecoming is Back on the b-stage, thoughts"

You almost need to avoid this place and @U2 for that entire time.

I will try.....but it won't be easy.

It only takes one moment of weakness while on the computer to want to click on the previous nights setlist link or a video of Streets. Or to run into the thread titles "A Sort of Homecoming is Back on the b-stage, thoughts"

You almost need to avoid this place and @U2 for that entire time.

I will try.....but it won't be easy.

Yeah and I'm not overly concerned if something happens where I happen to see a headline or thread title that says "OMG they played Acrobat!!!11". It's pretty much impossible to avoid stuff like that. I'm cool with just going in and not knowing what's going to be played next.

There'll be rehearsal rumours any week/day now. On I+E they started about three weeks before the first show. Pretty much have to avoid any U2 parts of the internet very soon to avoid spoilers entirely.

Same. If I can't last a week til the Rose Bowl I'll be pretty ashamed of myself.

It's not trying to see the setlists that tend to spoil me but rather just reading reviews here from fellow members and then seeing the discussion that follows.

Honestly, if you don't have that long between concerts, just log off here for a week and avoid U2 headlines elsewhere.

Being on the east coast, I don't really have the will power to do that typically.

It won't really sully my opinion of the shows (and hasn't the last few tours), but I have been lucky enough to have the "oh shit" moments of Pop Muzik-Discotheque on Vertigo (though I knew Discotheque was coming at some point... fun fact: was supposed to be played after Vertigo, song #3 of the concert, but wasn't..); Two Hearts in NYC on IE, Crystal Ballroom in Boston.

Few others like that, but those three come to mind.

Be nice to have that on this tour, but whatever.

Avoiding Interference for a week isn't a problem.

The one good thing about Bad not being in the regular rotation since ZooTV (has anyone actually asked them about this?) is that it's always an Oh Shit! moment when it does appear. They played it as the final encore at one of the LA Vertigo shoes I saw and it was maybe my favorite U2 concert memory.

No way in hell that I'm remaining spoiler-free until June.

I have to last until 6-29...lol

It's a long run and incredibly difficult for fans like us but I'm thinking the payoff is really worth it. Unless of course the show sucks that night and they are really off and then all bets are off!

but I have been lucky enough to have the "oh shit" moments of Pop Muzik-Discotheque on Vertigo (though I knew Discotheque was coming at some point... fun fact: was supposed to be played after Vertigo, song #3 of the concert, but wasn't..

Did you personally see a setlist stating This?

For I+E, I avoided knowing about Gloria and October beforehand. We also got Bad. Couldn't have been happier with those surprises.

@U2 has an article up about the tour that reads "spoilers" in the title....and so my avoidance begins.

I will not give into the dark side.....

Honestly, what they posted today contains exactly zero surprises.

But I agree, this is about the time to start avoiding that kind of thing.

Honestly, what they posted today contains exactly zero surprises.

But I agree, this is about the time to start avoiding that kind of thing.

And that's the worst part....you don't know if it is something like "Bono was spotted and he cut his hair" or "ASOH was heard being rehearsed and rumor is they are opening the show with it"

I don't know if I can make it until 6/29 spoiler free but we shall see!

I always intend to go in spoiler free as well. 6-29 will make that difficult. Going in spoiled does soften the blow of the opening chords of Stuck.

I hope they play Bad!

Ugh.....went into the "back in the studio" forum and already saw a spoiler. My fault 100% but this is going to be very hard. Can't look at Facebook(U2 posts info that shows up) can't go on YouTube to watch old U2 vids cause the new ones will show up, can't go into forums.....ugh

Back
Top Bottom