Muse & Edge - Glastonbury

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dooleyc

The Fly
Acording to the Guardian newspaper in England, The Edge is due to appear with Muse tomorrow night at Glastonbury. The Guardian is one of the media partners of the festival. It is live on BBC 2 tomorrow from 10pm.

I hope this pans out! Matthew Bellamy and the Edge are such great innovative guitar players, so it would be interesting. Wonder if they'll cover a U2 song or if he'll just guest on a Muse song. Either way :up:

I'd say the rumour has legs. Lots of surprises happening over there. Radiohead are currently playing a surprise gig in one of the smaller tents.

i dont know, i like MUSE when i hear their songs on cd or radio, in fact they sound pretty good.

But i have to say that looking back, they weren't that great live in Dallas. I mean they were good, but they didn't live up to all of the hype. I was a bit...lets just say....underwhelmed.

I dont mean to start any shit with MUSE fans either. But u2 came out and blew them off of the stage. Maybe it was just because they were the opening band....or maybe they were just having a bad night.

i dont know, i like MUSE when i hear their songs on cd or radio, in fact they sound pretty good.

But i have to say that looking back, they weren't that great live in Dallas. I mean they were good, but they didn't live up to all of the hype. I was a bit...lets just say....underwhelmed.

I dont mean to start any shit with MUSE fans either. But u2 came out and blew them off of the stage. Maybe it was just because they were the opening band....or maybe they were just having a bad night.

Have you seen them as a headliner? I was very impressed with their live performances when we saw them last year (Charlottesville, Raleigh & Atlanta), but after seeing them headline their own tour in Gwinnett, GA this February, I can safely say that they were holding waaaaaaay back on the 360 tour. If you get the chance, see them as headliners - I think you'll be duly impressed. :up: :rockon:

BTW: Edge w/Muse @ Glastonbury??? :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Wow! I'm in the boat the Muse are about 10000x better live than on studio in most instances. The same goes for U2.

Maybe they just had an off night...

I hope they do both :drool:. I'd love to hear Muse do a U2 song, and hearing Edge rock out on a Muse song would be just awesome.

I seriously hope this is true, if so, I'm absolutely dying to hear what comes of this.

Angela

I think so too! I don't get BBC 2. But, I am hoping they will show this on our Paladea concert channel.

And thanks everyone, for the info! :hug:

Wow! I'm in the boat the Muse are about 10000x better live than on studio in most instances. The same goes for U2.

Maybe they just had an off night...

That's perhaps it. Or, like stated, they weren't able to show themselves as much given they were an opening act. When they headline, they're allowed a lot more time and ability to go nuts. Give them another chance and maybe they'll wow you next time, Mrs. Garrison-or check out some YouTube clips. It's not like actually being there, but it's still a good showcase of what they can really do when they just let loose. At least, that's my recommendation, of course, it's entirely up to you :).

A rock-off between Edge and Bellamy? :hmm:

Oooooooooooh. That'd be fun to watch.

Seriously, this potential news is making me squeal like a complete and utter fangirl and I'm way more excited than is probably necessary :p. But how can I not be? The only thing that would make this better, if it's indeed true, would be me actually being there to witness it firsthand.

Angela

Ok, so all of you here who know a lot more about Muse than I do(what I know, I like, and I've never met anyone disappointed with a live performance) what would be a U2 song that we could see Muse doing?

From my limited knowledge, I'm going to start the speculation with Until The End of The World or Gone.

Both outros could conceivably be extended to include some kind of dueling guitar between Edge and Bellamy.

Remember, for Gone, Larry wont be drumming, and so the length will be adequate!!! I jest, of course, for all the acclaim that U2 get, Lawrence is still an individually extremely underrated drummer!!

Ok, so all of you here who know a lot more about Muse than I do(what I know, I like, and I've never met anyone disappointed with a live performance) what would be a U2 song that we could see Muse doing?

From my limited knowledge, I'm going to start the speculation with Until The End of The World or Gone.

I've always thought "Gone" would be a perfect song for Muse to do :yes:. Absolutely. "Until The End Of The World" would be interesting, too.

For a couple of obvious choices, that feature guitar work if there is indeed a "duel" of sorts: "Bullet The Blue Sky" (which would also show off Dom's drumming, as I think he'd kill it on that song) or "Mysterious Ways". Or "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me", if they really wanted to mine the U2 catalog.

There's more, I'm sure, I could come up with, but it's after 3 am. A few suggestions to get the ball rolling further, though.

Angela

:lol:

:waitsfortwilightfanstocolidelikeaneutronstarcolision:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the story behind that that they allowed one of their songs to be used in a Twilight soundtrack, and then later dissed the franchise? That's what I heard, but then, I can't remember the source, and I could be wrong.

I've tried to like Muse. I've listened to a bunch of their songs, and at best, they do nothing for me, at worst, I feel revulsion. If the Twilight thing that I heard is actually true, that makes them even more lame, imo. I can't stand the series either (I've watched the movies for the sheer WTFery), but if you're going to lend your music to a lame franchise, it's really not cool to diss it after the fact. It'd be far better to embrace it, and say "yeah, we gave them one of our songs, so what?"

Acording to the Guardian newspaper in England, The Edge is due to appear with Muse tomorrow night at Glastonbury. The Guardian is one of the media partners of the festival. It is live on BBC 2 tomorrow from 10pm.

Holy crap. :combust: My two fave guitarists together!

I can see them doing UTEOTW, or for a Muse song Plug In Baby. :fuckyeah:

Ooh. "Plug-In Baby" would be an excellent choice for Edge to join in on! Good call!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the story behind that that they allowed one of their songs to be used in a Twilight soundtrack, and then later dissed the franchise? That's what I heard, but then, I can't remember the source, and I could be wrong.

I've tried to like Muse. I've listened to a bunch of their songs, and at best, they do nothing for me, at worst, I feel revulsion. If the Twilight thing that I heard is actually true, that makes them even more lame, imo. I can't stand the series either (I've watched the movies for the sheer WTFery), but if you're going to lend your music to a lame franchise, it's really not cool to diss it after the fact. It'd be far better to embrace it, and say "yeah, we gave them one of our songs, so what?"

Eh, I seem to recall seeing a quote along that line once, too. Their lead singer, from what I can remember, just mainly said that he saw one of the movies and found it kinda goofy or something like that. I agree, probably better to just embrace it, but...*Shrugs*. To my knowledge, he's said nothing either way on the books themselves, and said the author's very nice. He has acknowledged that the movies do a good service of getting people's music out there, though, which is the biggest reason artists sign up to be part of the series (I'm going to take a wild guess, after all, that some of the other artists on the soundtracks don't sit there and willingly watch these movies on their own time, either). You don't necessarily have to personally like it, but in terms of marketing, can't really argue with the results. I actually think if I recall rightly that was his biggest point, that he thought with the song they used in one of the movies, there'd be more to the scene or something, that it'd compliment a scene better or whatever.

As for liking the music, meh, that's your opinion :shrug:. To each their own.

Angela

:hmm:

atu2

From several hours ago --> RT @paulwalshe: @atu2 Dallas Schoo is on stage tuning guitars with covers over the u2 equipment boxes

Back
Top Bottom