Muse & Edge - Glastonbury

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
By the way, if we're taking bets on what Edge will do with Muse: my money's on The Fly. It's a song the crowd will recognise, it suits both Edge's and Muse's styles, and most crucially, Matt Bellamy has snippeted its guitar riff before.

But knowing Muse and their habit of playing covers out of the ordinary and drastically re-inventing them, who knows ...

Uprising
Supermassive Black Hole
New Born <3<3<3 with the extended outro jam
Dominic saying hi to the crowd
Map of the Problematique
Guiding Light
Citizen Erased
Nishe
United States of Eurasia
Matt talking to the crowd, that's a surprise! Chris still smoking his pipe, very sophisticated!
Feeling Good
Undisclosed Desires
Resistance
Hysteria
House of the Rising Sun
Time is Running Out
Starlight

Happy now U2boy? :wink:

By the way, if we're taking bets on what Edge will do with Muse: my money's on The Fly. It's a song the crowd will recognise, it suits both Edge's and Muse's styles, and most crucially, Matt Bellamy has snippeted its guitar riff before.

But knowing Muse and their habit of playing covers out of the ordinary and drastically re-inventing them, who knows ...

That would be my guess as well. I can't see them doing another U2 song. Though I still say they could double axe Plug in Baby as well!

I reckon this could end the main set. One or two encores still possible.

I'm hoping for Sunburn/Gone, but Gone probably isn't a big enough song for a casual crowd so the Fly or Until the End of the World are good choices, it'll be a 90's U2 track if anything, as Muse have referenced the 90's albums as an influence. I think or hope it'll be two songs, one U2, one Muse or recognizable cover.

I'm hoping for Sunburn/Gone, but Gone probably isn't a big enough song for a casual crowd so the Fly or Until the End of the World are good choices, it'll be a 90's U2 track if anything, as Muse have referenced the 90's albums as an influence. I think or hope it'll be two songs, one U2, one Muse or recognizable cover.

I doubt most of the regular crowd knows UTEOTW.

Muse + Edge for MOFO? :hmm: :lol: Would be epic!

Uprising
Supermassive Black Hole
New Born <3<3<3 with the extended outro jam
Dominic saying hi to the crowd
Map of the Problematique
Guiding Light
Citizen Erased
Nishe
United States of Eurasia
Matt talking to the crowd, that's a surprise! Chris still smoking his pipe, very sophisticated!
Feeling Good
Undisclosed Desires
Resistance
Hysteria
House of the Rising Sun
Time is Running Out
Starlight
Stockholm Syndrome

Hm, they play a lot of songs that were in our encore in the main set now. That could bode well for a U2 song in the encore. :hmm:

What a wonderful lightshow as always!

My Daughter's just sent me a message from Glastonbury. Apparently The Edge is on stage with Muse and they're playing Streets...........

Back
Top Bottom