Most epic U2 song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To me....the ONLY songs that i say would fit the term EPIC....as i undestand it are : Love Is Blindness (Live, the way it climaxes), Kite (Live in 2005/06ish) nd the Finale to Acrobat :)

The most EPIC song?
My answer?: THIS song, THIS day, THIS performance:
The greatest U2 moment EVER for me:

YouTube - ‪U2 - Ultraviolet‬‏

I'd never heard that before.

This is why I consider ZooTV to be the band's peak. Even if you leave aside all the theatrics and irony and costumes and Rushdies, the individual performances of the songs are fucking astounding.

It's gotta be In a Little While.

I do like the song, but I laughed. :D

Studio-wise, I'd say the single mix of Please makes a good run for it. Any form of Streets obviously needs consideration too. Live-wise, I think Love if Blindness would be a nice pick. I love UV to pieces, but I'm not sure it meets "epic" standards, at least when it comes to the definition.

IMO, U2 epic is:
  • Streets - live or studio - it's always fantastic
  • WOWY - live during the JT and Love Town tour, when they really poured their souls into it and added extra verses.
  • One - live during the ZOO TV tour, when again, they really made that song soar (extra verses).
  • Moment of Surrender - live or studio - it's always fantastic
  • Pride - studio only; Bono's vocals captured at their best
  • Bad - most live performances
  • One Tree Hill - studio or full band live

Also rans:
  • A Sort of a Homecoming - off of Wide Awake...
  • Mysterious Ways - ZOO TV era live
  • Elevation - Elevation tour
  • Until the End of the World - Elevation Tour (great on ZOO TV, but some how even better on Elevation tour)
  • All I Want Is You - studio or full band live
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday - live with extra verse

Hard to narrow it down, but I would say...

-Streets live
-Bullet the Blue Sky (Zoo TV version, with Edge's solo)
-Gone, live or in the studio
-One (live, with the "Hear us coming" verse)

It's hard to name individual songs... U2 are just such an epic band :)

I'm surprised no one said Electrical Storm. The big "Ah" moment (After "Need the rain to wash away our bad luck") is absolutely electrifying to me.

And in no particular order... City of Blinding Lights (I think what makes it epic for me is when you're in the pit and everyone is jumping and singing the "Oohs" and the words with you. So much better live)... I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For... Bullet the Blue Sky... Magnificent... Unknown Caller... Moment of Surrender... Cedars of Lebanon (The new album really had an epic sound to me clearly)... Scarlet... Pride... Unforgettable Fire... New Year's Day... In A Little While...

Wow. Clearly I have a very loose definition of "epic."

There are many epic u2 songs, and many epic moments in U2 songs..

Beautiful day, the last minute is a truly uplifting, fist thumping experience.

The Fly, UTEOTW both build do a great epic/rock out solo conclusion.

Bad, and to some extent the original version of mercy feel like you are slowly climbing up a mountain, and the closer you get to the top, your pace quickens until you eventually get there and there you have it, you are gazing at the world at your feet, or some people (like me) you would be gazing at the lost city full of hot tall leggy blondes, the pure definition of epic:)

And of course Streets, the organ intro alone gives you that 'Close Encounters' moment that something truly epic has arrived.

There are so many more.....

In terms of bone-chilling, epic, magnificent, and just completely amazing pieces of music, I would say 'Where The Streets Have No Name'. The Intro and start of the song brings tears to some fans eyes and it certainly sends chills down my spine, there is just no words to describe the emotion of the song. It amazes me.

For Example, heres a Streets Clip from the 360 Tour. I think the parts where the bright lights come on are the best. Looking at the crowd, there is an amazing sense of energy and unity. This song is a thing of beauty.

‪'When the rain comes....'‬‏ - YouTube

In terms of bone-chilling, epic, magnificent, and just completely amazing pieces of music, I would say 'Where The Streets Have No Name'. The Intro and start of the song brings tears to some fans eyes and it certainly sends chills down my spine, there is just no words to describe the emotion of the song. It amazes me.

For Example, heres a Streets Clip from the 360 Tour. I think the parts where the bright lights come on are the best. Looking at the crowd, there is an amazing sense of energy and unity. This song is a thing of beauty.

‪'When the rain comes....'‬‏ - YouTube

When Streets started at my show (first-ever U2 show) I almost froze. Wow. The energy in the crowd just went up a notch, it was just a "oh my god" moment for me and my Dad. That was a definite highlight.

Back
Top Bottom