most badass u2 moment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl said:
In the 80s, getting the producers of their own choice for UF.

In the early 90's, staying together despite themselves.

In the 00's, touring stadiums, in a huge recession, without anything resembling a hit single, with the biggest tour of their lives (actually make that biggest tour ever).

Perhaps you didn't get the memo as to what this thread was about.

:up: :up: :up: :up:
I realize it completely overlooks their entire history (being that it only occurred this past fall) but I have to agree this was the first thing that came to mind for me.

Then again, I am a bit fixated on the leather...... :silent: :D

Right. That first show when they resumed the tour and no one was sure how he'd come back. That was great when he got to the center of the catwalk after ROTSG and looked back over at the rest of the band and even Larry stood and applauded him. Awesome moment. And yeah he looked totally badass.

How about that thing in Mischka's book, where someone said he'd shoot Bono if they played Pride, but they did anyway and at the end of the song Adam was standing in front of him.

definately for me i'd say the award show performance of Mofo. I think it was MTV EMA. hmmm, cant seem to find the clip. but boy, is it ever badass

Popadam.jpg

Right. That first show when they resumed the tour and no one was sure how he'd come back. That was great when he got to the center of the catwalk after ROTSG and looked back over at the rest of the band and even Larry stood and applauded him. Awesome moment. And yeah he looked totally badass.
Agreed. Such an enormous change between this year's shows and last year's. And he does look very badass walking around during Stingray, he's got his old Fly swagger back, flipping people off, joking around. Pretty frickin' badass to me!

definately for me i'd say the award show performance of Mofo. I think it was MTV EMA. hmmm, cant seem to find the clip. but boy, is it ever badass

Yup EMA's 1997. :heart:

That's just... pardon the pun... smokin' hot. :drool: Dang.
So it's just stuck inbetween two strings? At least that's what it looks like to me.

:lol: Oh wow I've had that photo for years for the beanie symbols. How did I NOT notice the fag before???

That's just... pardon the pun... smokin' hot. :drool: Dang.
So it's just stuck inbetween two strings? At least that's what it looks like to me.

:lol: Oh wow I've had that photo for years for the beanie symbols. How did I NOT notice the fag before???

Yeah between the strings, I've seen it done before as well.

I have to say Please at the 1997 Rotterdam MTV awards... same for Mofo.

Bono's return is also high on the list.

Hell , everything in this thread is pretty much badass

Back
Top Bottom