Michael Hutchence/Bono - Slide Away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
I like it enough, but yeah, kinda sad in the end. Either way, Bono did a nice little tribute there.

its a great song that i had just rediscovered a while back.

I have recently put some INXS song son my ipod, and what a bunch of great songs they are!! Such a shame...

Love INXS and Michael Hutchence! Played them a lot on my stereo during my high school years (as well as U2:D). Discovered this song while on YouTube last year. Loved the song as well as Bono's vocals. I have been meaning to find this album...

I have recently put some INXS song son my ipod, and what a bunch of great songs they are!! Such a shame...

I've actually been on quite the INXS kick as of late. My favorite by them's probably Kiss The Dirt. Very inspriring song, which is shame with what happened to Micheal and everything.

Yeah, Listen Like Thieves and Kick was really the height for them.

I remember in 1987 AGONIZING about which I thought was a better album: Kick or The Joshua Tree. At the time, I decided Kick was better because the songs were better for singing along with!

What really gets me about Bono's part, and part of the reason why it is so powerful, was that his lyrics were added after Hutchence's death. I do love this song very much.

Yeah, Listen Like Thieves and Kick was really the height for them.

I remember in 1987 AGONIZING about which I thought was a better album: Kick or The Joshua Tree. At the time, I decided Kick was better because the songs were better for singing along with!

Have to agree with you on this. I went through spells where I listened to The Joshua Tree non-stop and then listened to Kick non-stop. Was in 8th grade at the time...these albums have special memories for me during that time in my life.:cute:

If I'd ever had children, I'm sure that through my DNA any grandkids would have known every word to every song from Kick! & The Joshua Tree without ever hearing the albums. That's how much I listened to those two cassettes when they came out. :heart:

God, how I loved to watch Hutch perform. He was an amazing front man. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom