Mercy - Update - News on "Mercy" 03/09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great news. That probably means that Mercy never transformed into Winter as suggested in previous threads...

i would just love to see a stadium's reaction if they played this live. 2/3 of the crowd would have a WTF look on their face while the other 1/3 would be geeking out.

FINALLY!

Someone not only asks the band about it, but shows some passion and enthusiasm about it too. Now if more people keep mentioning it to them, it won't just seem like some fringe opinion.

Nice to hear certain suspicions confirmed--that the band did recognize the special value of the song, and held it off for reasons other than quality.

That they're hoping to play it live is a nice bonus as well.

NEWS OF THE YEAR.

if they play that song at any given time, this forum will EXPLODE!!!

maybe even bigger that if they play Acrobat

Seriously? If they want to play it live so much why wouldn't they give it an official release in some capacity? On an album, b-side, stand-alone single, soundtrack, something?

Here's to hoping though :) :up:

Seriously? If they want to play it live so much why wouldn't they give it an official release in some capacity? On an album, b-side, stand-alone single, soundtrack, something?

Here's to hoping though :) :up:

I think what Edge meant by "not finding a place for it", wasn't in terms of a setlist, but in an official release capacity. They aren't just going to start playing a song barely anyone knows in concert on a regular basis. I think they want to play it live but won't until it comes out on an album.

Between this and Larry's claim it will be on the next album, we could be hearing it on the Summer 2010 legs of the tour.

:drool:

I think what Edge meant by "not finding a place for it", wasn't in terms of a setlist, but in an official release capacity. They aren't just going to start playing a song barely anyone knows in concert on a regular basis. I think they want to play it live but won't until it comes out on an album.

Between this and Larry's claim it will be on the next album, we could be hearing it on the Summer 2010 legs of the tour.

:drool:

When did Larry claim that it will be on Songs Of Ascension?

I'm glad to hear that the band likes it a lot and are still wanting to use it! :yes: It would be great if it appeared on the next album.

The one with Larry was in LA; the one with Edge happened in Chicago last night.

Maybe someone else will inquire tonight in Boston and we'll have the trifecta.

ah. that's right. maybe the crowd could sing the chorus in sync tonight to really send a hint.

I'm thinking they may pull a "Turn The Page" (Seger), a great song that was only released in live format, never on an actual album

They would have included it in one of the rare songs / b-sides collections we have gotten recently if they didn't have designs on including it on a future studio album release.

At least that's what I keep telling myself! :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom