Mercy - Update - News on "Mercy" 03/09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ but......

Wow. Bono's grammar is pretty damn awful. "I know I'm weedkiller honey, and YOUR sugar?"
Can ofcourse mean he's also the other's sugar, but still, I think he means you're. Especially since he later writes 'your ice, and I'm water.'

Can someone tell me what 'glood' is?

Wouldn't it be a crazy mindfuck if.....

The new album comes out and Mercy is on it because the band has heard fans rumbling about it, but its not the same song we've been hearing.

Looking back at the very first post ever regarding this song, it seems that there might be a hypothetical possibility that Bono teased about a song called Mercy, but that the cd given away with the extra track was really a different song called "Drinking Some Wine" or "Blue Eyes" or "Alive Again" or something to that effect.

Umm, no. The Atomic Bomb special edition book has a page with the lyrics that says "Mercy" on it.

There's no speculation involved.

Nice try.

Wow. Bono's grammar is pretty damn awful. "I know I'm weedkiller honey, and YOUR sugar?"
Can ofcourse mean he's also the other's sugar, but still, I think he means you're. Especially since he later writes 'your ice, and I'm water.'

Can someone tell me what 'glood' is?

I looked though the HTDAAB book with his writing and lyrics in, and found myself repeatedly facepalming. :lol: For a lyricist hes not got the best spelling and grammar.

Umm, no. The Atomic Bomb special edition book has a page with the lyrics that says "Mercy" on it.

Nice try.

Bwahahahahahaha. You aren't a believer. This is all a crazy conspiracy! Look at every lyric they've ever released. "Mrs Brown's washing is always the same"

I mean, think about it man! REALLY THINK ABOUT IT.

p.s. yeah i know about the special edition. I bought that cardboard heap the day it came out and someone already posted a scan of the mercy lyrics up above. But that's all a clever ruse man! They've got us all fooled.

I bet the song we have is actually called ORLY and Mercy is an accordian instrumental.

I looked though the HTDAAB book with his writing and lyrics in, and found myself repeatedly facepalming. :lol: For a lyricist hes not got the best spelling and grammar.

:giggle: And quite a bad handwriting too! Some words I really can't read.

Ah well, as long as he can read them it's fine by me. But seriously, next album they NEED to hire someone to spell/grammarcheck Bono's lyrics, cause this album's booklet is a crying shame.

Uh Bono, if you read this, :wave: Grammar Nazi here, I'd do it for free.

unfortunately the questions last night (Boston) were pre screened so we didnt have a chance to ask about mercy.

If they werent screaned and I got a chance I was going to ask if there were plans for it, and if not if Edge could email a clean version of it wihtout the hiss.:wave::wink:

it would be tough to play that song live for 6+ minutes when nobody in the audience would know it. I was at MSG when they played Fast Cars (I think for the 1st time) and only because its a fast song, and short in time did they get away with. unfortunately the majority of the people at a U2 show (or most shows for that matter) only want to hear the songs they know.

here's to hoping though.

That's true, but do you think most people at shows during Vertigo were familiar with Miss Sarajevo? Not exactly a catchy song.

At least Mercy has a little kick and momentum to it.

Okay, I propose that some one, maybe a MOD comes up with a Sticky thread where we can compile the top ten things people should tell the band if and when they ever get a chance to meet them.

I vote that some love for Electrical Storm be thrown in there for good measure.

I also would love the why hasn't ES been played question to be asked. Its their only single that they haven't played live AFAIK (and was a hit single in many countries including Canada).

Nice try.

Also, Blender Magazine had an early preview of HTDAAB, when Mercy was still on the tracklist, mentioning six minutes of U2 at their most outpouringly U2 or something like that. I lost the magazine, so I can't remember exactly but it was along those lines.

Also, Blender Magazine had an early preview of HTDAAB, when Mercy was still on the tracklist, mentioning six minutes of U2 at their most outpouringly U2 or something like that. I lost the magazine, so I can't remember exactly but it was along those lines.

Yeah that's the magazine I meant earlier! They were pretty clear with their description.

As a side tangent, is it true that Bono, Edge and Larry graduated high school but Adam was expelled for bad behavior? I remember reading that someplace, I think. lol

Back
Top Bottom