Maths: By Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tyagu_Anaykus

New Yorker
So, there I was in the can taking a shit, and in my head I start hearing the opening lyrics from Vertigo.

I started thinking how could 14 be next to 3. At first I thought It was a night full of vodkas and whatever but then suddenly a math formula began to arise to solve this huuuuuuge mystery.

I started summing 3+2+1 and then multiplied it by 2 and added 2, but I thought it was to troubling to be the answer.

So I joined 3 with 2 and with 1 which gave me the number 321. But then I realized 321 needed to be divided by aprox. 22,93. So I thought, Bono cannot be that smart.

And then, I've made this: (1*1)+(2*2)+(3*3) which equals 14.

so simple, so devious, so... stupid! :love:

I cracked The Maths By Bono.

I approve of this. :up:

And this reminds me, at new year's we were watching U2's concert for the bbc(early 2009) on tv here and Vertigo was the next song. Bono did the counts, and my dad was like: What did he just say? :eyebrow: (He speaks Spanish)
Made me laugh pretty badly.

Ok, you take to much time on the toilet... :lol:
Beside a number 1 and number 2, you also did a number 3?

I once saw this on the internet, don't know where:

Ok, you take to much time on the toilet... :lol:
Beside a number 1 and number 2, you also did a number 3?

I once saw this on the internet, don't know where:

That's from Graphjam, as the logo in the right corner says. It's the same site that runs Icanhascheezburger and failblog. :love:

So, did you have a "will not" or what?

I've actually wondered if Bono -- being notoriously bad with lyrics -- might actually have f***ed up the Spanish on the 'Vertigo' master, and the others either didn't know or didn't care to correct him. In any case, that is a damn weird way to start the song.

As far-fetched as my theory sounds, this is the same guy who managed to misidentify the part of the day that MLK was murdered at, and passed it by his entire band, producers, and management (and, presumably, many more who heard "Pride" before it was pressed).

I've actually wondered if Bono -- being notoriously bad with lyrics -- might actually have f***ed up the Spanish on the 'Vertigo' master, and the others either didn't know or didn't care to correct him.

This. :up:

Bono and Edge studied Spanish for several years, but Bono is not famous for remembering his own lyrics why should he remember the numbers in a different language? and Edge, well, I don't think he cares, he's used to these things.

I don't remember in which book I read it (I think it must be "Bono In Conversation", but I can't check it right now), but I remember Bono explained that after his mother passed he became a difficult boy, not only at home, but also at school, he lost interest in his studies, in their school they studied Spanish as foreing language and he recalls having big problems because he threw something to the Spanish teacher, he got almost expelled, but the Headmaster helped him. That's all I can remember, all the rest of my previous post was just a little joke.

Is this thing still alive? :lol:

By the way... I'm going crazy. I can't take Grace (My least favourite song of all time, speaking U2 catalog) out of my mind :sad:

What can I do?

Back
Top Bottom