Making of Dirty and Zooropa (song)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theFly51

New Yorker
Does anyone know what rehearsal or when it took place that these two songs were discovered?

I know that the beginning of Zooropa was during a sound check with Larry messing around on bass but where and is there any known recording?

I read somewhere also that Dirty Day started with Adam messing around and mad the riff for the song.

Any idea guys?

Flanagan's "U2 at the End of the World" goes into quite a bit of detail about the making of the album. Combined with the passages in BP Fallon's "Faraway So Close!" -- and whatever we can find in U2 By U2 -- and we have a pretty good document of the making of Zooropa, probably a clearer insight than any other album.

I came across a show listing on u2gigs with a soundcheck listed that sounded like this... I forget what show... but I know it was in Outside Broadcast, I believe somewhere in the south.

Indeed. The ZooTV period is rather heavily documented. Search out those 2 books and you'll have more htan you know what to do with! Some of the photos in the BP Fallon book are priceless e.g. Bono in a McDonald's drive through.

Flanagan's "U2 at the End of the World" goes into quite a bit of detail about the making of the album. Combined with the passages in BP Fallon's "Faraway So Close!" -- and whatever we can find in U2 By U2 -- and we have a pretty good document of the making of Zooropa, probably a clearer insight than any other album.

Back
Top Bottom