Make Changes to any Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Take that last "track" off Zooropa. I jumped out of my skin when I first heard that alarm noise.

Actually I thought they made a mistake recording my copy when I heard Johnny Cash singing.

I would Replace the songs from HTDAAB, and put in the working versions of the songs that appear on the Rareities CD :love:
And if there was ONE wish for all albums......it is to go with the unpolished, rawer versions of songs, (like Native Son and Alternative Version of ABOY) rather than tinkering with them to death.

The transition from WOWY to BTBS was always weird. I will always remember that it would be a mood killer for me and my girlfriend in high school. We went from soft guitar fading out to the snare and feedback taking us straight to hell. Needless to say a buzz kill when you are trying (unsuccessfully) to hook up.

I would eliminate Wild Honey, Peace on Earth, Grace, Yahweh, One Step Closer, Stand Up Comedy, and All Because of You...and Stuck and In a Little While would be unplayable live

It's funny what one would chop, another loves. For example, I've always been a fan of "Wild Honey". However, either have "Peace on Earth" or "Grace" - not both. Likewise, I've always enjoyed "Stand Up Comedy" and "All Because of You", but I would readily jettison "One Step Closer" and "A Man and A Woman".

With that in mind:

TUF:
Delete: Elvis Presley and America -Wire and this song were mostly improv, but Wire easily wins; plus with the instrumental 4th of July, this song should shift to b-side
Add: Three Sunrises

JT:
Delete: Trip Through Your Wires (good b-side) and place Bullet the Blue Sky later in the album
Add: Sweetest Thing

AB:
Delete: Trying to Throw Your Arms...
Add: Salomé, Where Did It All Go Wrong? or nothing

Zooropa:
Delete:
Babyface or Some Days... (having both weakens the album, IMHO).
Add: Hold Me...Kill Me (preferable) or Slow Dancing

Pop:
Delete: If God Will Send His Angels and Playboy Mansion (b-sides)
Add: Holy Joe and/or North and South of the River

ATYCLB:
Delete: Peace on Earth or Grace
Add: Summer Rain or Electrical Storm

HTDAAB:
Delete: A Man and a Woman and One Step Closer (b-sides)
Add: Fast Cars and Mercy

NLOTH:
Delete: I'll Go Crazy... and Get on Your Boots (too similar to Vertigo and Discotheque)
Add: I'll Go Crazy... (studio version of the live performance) and Soon

Boy - Automatic uploading of your personal details to list of FBI's most wanted
War - 3mx1m banner protesting/supporting military engagement of your choice hidden under disc
How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb - Formal apology by all parties involved at end of record

The transition from WOWY to BTBS was always weird. I will always remember that it would be a mood killer for me and my girlfriend in high school. We went from soft guitar fading out to the snare and feedback taking us straight to hell. Needless to say a buzz kill when you are trying (unsuccessfully) to hook up.

I think listening to Joshua Tree, or any U2 for that matter, is automatically a buzz kill when you're trying to get laid.

I think listening to Joshua Tree, or any U2 for that matter, is automatically a buzz kill when you're trying to get laid.

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, songs of heroin addiction, 80's politics, or the death of a friend...

None of this screams let's make love tonight for you?

Back
Top Bottom