M*O*F*O (Live)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Azor

Refugee
Hi everyone!

some minutes ago i was listening to Mofo live from Mexico city........

:drool:

My question is... does somebody have an idea why the hell it has not been played again?????? (after POP tour),
I know many of the songs of the album they are touring, are not played after that tour, but I mean.... I wanna hear it live again at least once :sad:

I hope there's chance on the 360...

I think that, since last tour we got boy and AB songs back in the set, this tour should have a Pop encore or so! :hmm: That'd be pretty damn rockin'.

Sadly enough U2 hate Pop.

It was in fact rehearsed in 2005.

Biggest disappointment of the Vertigo Tour that it wasn't played. It's not my favorite POP song, but it sure as hell is the first one I would like to hear on the new tour.

Love it love it love it.

That Pop Muzik/Mofo combo from the Mexico show is one of my favorite things to listen to when I want to get all pumped up for something.

Actually it was rehearsed for sure in Atlanta and possibly LA on the Vertigo tour. I think Edge worked on parts of it in Toronto as well as the techs, but I dont think the full band did it there.

They were looking at the possibility of a Popcore (sort of like the Achtung Baby encore for Vertigo) if they came back and played stadiums in N. America in the spring 2006 which they were tentatively planning to do. Obviously got nixed and Mofo with it. :shrug: Although, Edge nixed Discotheque early also because he didn't think it fit the Vertigo tour. :shrug:

Biggest disappointment of the Vertigo Tour that it wasn't played. It's not my favorite POP song, but it sure as hell is the first one I would like to hear on the new tour.

yeah i remember hearing about it being rehearsed and getting really excited and hoping it would appear at some point. Reading setlists the night after shows was pretty disappointing :sad: not to mention dull :wink:

Bono made some pretty strong quotes about Pop/Popmart Mexico, calling it the best thing U2 released on DVD. I think we'll at least see Mofo, Gone, Discotheque, or Please on this tour. Knowing U2 they might want to play a song off of Pop in Vegas (famous Sam Boyd show) to redeem themselves.

I remember standing at the Vertigo show in 2006 in Monterrey Mexico during the encore break & hoping to hear Popmuzik. Instead I got zooropa baby followed by a solid UTEOW

Bono made some pretty strong quotes about Pop/Popmart Mexico, calling it the best thing U2 released on DVD. I think we'll at least see Mofo, Gone, Discotheque, or Please on this tour. Knowing U2 they might want to play a song off of Pop in Vegas (famous Sam Boyd show) to redeem themselves.

I remember standing at the Vertigo show in 2006 in Monterrey Mexico during the encore break & hoping to hear Popmuzik. Instead I got zooropa baby followed by a solid UTEOW

I totally agree, the Popmuzik/MOFO intro is hands down the best intro in history, the 360 stage looks amazing and seems to be following the trend of ZOOTV/POPmart tours where the big 'spectacle' has amazing graphics, new/fresh music (Vertigo to me was their greatest hits tour) and theatrical intro's...I for one hope to hear at least 4 songs from POP - Disco/MOFO/Gone and MIAMI!!!!

What I want to know is why did U2 take 10 years to release Popmart?

I remember reading reports that they rehearsed a PopMuzik/Mofo Encore opener for the Vertigo tour.Followed by Discotheque(More like album version)then Zoo station,The Fly,and Mysterious Ways.Or at least 3 out of those 5 songs.I also believe Lemon was rehearsed for the Vertigo Tour.They definitely need some POP and Zooropa songs to be played for this tour.

I just want mofoooooooooooooooooo :drool:

..... :lol:

HMTMKMKM would be very cool too...

One question about the live performances of this song: Why is it that the fast throbbing bass line isn't actually played by Adam and instead done with a sequencer? To me it sounds like a bass line at least, so why doesn't he play it? I recall being shocked to see that the song starts, that fast throbbing bass line kicks in and Adam isn't actually playing anything at that stage. His role in the song is far more subtle. For me, this takes away from it, especially when Edge really lets rip with those big riffs.

One question about the live performances of this song: Why is it that the fast throbbing bass line isn't actually played by Adam and instead done with a sequencer? To me it sounds like a bass line at least, so why doesn't he play it? I recall being shocked to see that the song starts, that fast throbbing bass line kicks in and Adam isn't actually playing anything at that stage. His role in the song is far more subtle. For me, this takes away from it, especially when Edge really lets rip with those big riffs.

I'm not sure, perhaps it's too fast to play as the first song of the night, or so? I've been wondering about that for a long time.

I'm not sure, perhaps it's too fast to play as the first song of the night, or so? I've been wondering about that for a long time.

I think is more of the bass sound itself. I don't think a bass guitar unless going through some kind of effect would be able to recreate the studio/bass sound you hear with the sequencer.

I remember reading reports that they rehearsed a PopMuzik/Mofo Encore opener for the Vertigo tour.Followed by Discotheque(More like album version)then Zoo station,The Fly,and Mysterious Ways.Or at least 3 out of those 5 songs.I also believe Lemon was rehearsed for the Vertigo Tour.They definitely need some POP and Zooropa songs to be played for this tour.

Is this really true???? Can you imagine them doing PopMuzik/Mofo for their opening for their encore on the 360 stage...it would be absolutely AMAZING!!!! Let's all pray for this!!

Where did you hear that?? What I "heard" the Pop Muzik intro idea didnt come in until rehearsals for the third leg in Toronto on the Vertigo tour. Bono nixed the Pop Muzik intro in Chicago as he didn't think it worked. The Discotheque they played limitedely on the tour is what they rehearsed for the most part. They did work on a little shorter and a tad more raw version after the third leg Chicago shows and were thinking of using the Pop encore of Disco, Velvet Dress and With Or Without You (without the Pop Muzik intro). That obviously never transpired to a show and the idea was dropped. But the Discotheque they worked on was not the Popmart version at all at any point on Vertigo from what I have heard.

I've been listening to the live version all week. Truly amazing!!!
I hope they play Lemon, MOFO, Disco... as one of the encores. It will fit with the whole Bonoliner stuff :wink:

Back
Top Bottom