LPs 1-6 vs. LPs 7-12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The First Six Albums vs The Second Six Albums

• Total voters

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Since NLOTH makes it an even 12 LPs released under the U2 moniker, I thought I'd ask this question: If you could have only U2's first six albums or their last six albums, which do you choose? Assume that all b-sides and side projects released in the time period of the batch you choose are included.

1. Boy
2. October
3. War
4. The Unforgettable Fire
5. The Joshua Tree
6. Rattle And Hum

Vs.

7.Achtung Baby
8.Zooropa
9.Pop
10.All That You Can't Leave Behind
11.How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
12.No Line On The Horizon

Can't decide. I would take Zooropa and Pop over most anything in the first batch, but Boy and War are far superior to ATYCLB and HTDAAB.

Well, this is no contest. LPs 1-6 contain my top four U2 albums, while LPs 7-12 contain three in my bottom four.

War/TUF/TJT pretty much almost handle the 2nd six by themselves, but add in Boy and October (RAH is only half good to me) and the 90's-today stuff doesn't stand a chance.

An option that includes October and Unforgettable Fire can't lose (though I haven't listened to NLOTH yet).

2nd six. Although I want War and The Unforgettable Fire in there as well.

I enjoy every album in the second six in their own right

For me, it comes down to UF, JT, and Boy vs AB, Zooropa, OS1 Pop, and NLOTH... and the latter wins, despite the fact that its baggage of ATYCLB and HTDAAB is probably worse than the former's baggage of October, War, and R&H.

:repeats to self that everyone is entitled to their own opinion:

Wow, I can not even believe the results of this poll. 1st batch, and it is absolutely no contest whatsoever.

well... i listen to the latter 6 overall more than the first 6, so I guess I like them more =d

ATYCLB, NLOTH, and Achtung Baby I really enjoy

although if in the mood Boy, UF, and TJT can be awesome too...

still 2nd 6 :wink:

2nd batch, easily.

But I do feel bad leaving my 2nd and 4th fav behind. JT and R&H.

Back
Top Bottom