LPs 1-6 vs. LPs 7-12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The First Six Albums vs The Second Six Albums

• Total voters
this poll doesn't split any era with a spot of common sense.

What are you talking about ... he's dividing U2's career (album wise, not years) in half ... don't see how that doesn't make sense?? :shrug:

My favourite U2 albums:
1. Pop
2. Achtung Baby
3. Joshua Tree
4. All That You Can't Leave Behind
5. Zooropa

No Line is somewhere around 2-5, I honestly can't rank it yet. I'd put it up there with AB and JT, probably.

So, this poll wasn't hard for me :wink:

While I love the first six, the only classics in those years (IMO) are Boy, October, War, The Unforgettable Fire, and The Joshua Tree. Where the final six has Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Pop, All That You Can't Leave Behind, and No Line On The Horizon.

Wait...

I'd say it's a tie.

First 6, easily. I'm guessing this poll's being skewed by 1, the popularity of AB (and Zooropa) around here, and 2, the novelty of NLOTH.

This poll makes me realize I will be very disappointed by the end of the song survivor tournament.

The 2nd six, because here is my ranking:

1. Achtung Baby
2. Joshua Tree
3. NLOTH
4. Unforgettable Fire
5. Zooropa
6. War
7. Boy
8. Pop
9. HTDAAB
10. ATYCLB
11. Rattle & Hum
12. October

Adding those up, the first six gets 42 points, and the second six gets 36. And since this comparison is like golf...

Early years. JT, October and TUF stand out for me.

Zoo and Pop are poor relations...an experiment that didn't quite come off, except for their tours.

Easily the second six. My least favorite of the second six I like more than my favorite of the first six. :reject:

first 6

second 6 contain 2 of my top 3 and 2 of my bottom 3
first 6 is more even in its greatness

Easily the second six. My least favorite of the second six I like more than my favorite of the first six. :reject:

Yeah, you really should hide after a statement like that. How is that even possible?

Yeah, you really should hide after a statement like that. How is that even possible?

Now that I think about it, that isn't quite true, I suppose. I like TUF, Boy, and Joshua Tree better than Zooropa. Still, my five favorite U2 albums are the other 90s and 2000s albums.

It's the 80's for me.
Although Achtung is my fave album and Zooropa, Passengers and Pop are up there too, I haaven't heard NLOTH yet and ATYCLB and HTDAAB are my two least favourite, so the 80s it is.

Back
Top Bottom