Lovetown Tour Documentary Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono2017

Acrobat
Lovetown Tour (Video) Documentary: U2 - ESPRIT U2 FULL Sydney Australia 1989

Never seen this before, its awesome. Interviews mixed in throughout.

Hawkmoon 269
Desire
All Along The Watch Tower
All I Want Is You
God Part II
MLK
Slow Dancing
Van Diemen's Land
When Love Comes To Town
Love Rescue Me

Seriously, those motherfuckers need to do a RAH re-release that has the fullest version of this (given there are varying cuts) as the bonus DVD.

There is also proshot footage of 27 September 1989 that needs to come out. I'm really not sure which of them has the best example of the extended Desire solo.

Seriously, those motherfuckers need to do a RAH re-release that has the fullest version of this (given there are varying cuts) as the bonus DVD.

There is also proshot footage of 27 September 1989 that needs to come out. I'm really not sure which of them has the best example of the extended Desire solo.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if U2 remember that this stuff exists... probably haven't watched this footage since 1989

Somebody needs to lock them in a vault with Lovetown material and say "see, remember when you were good? Come out as cool as this or don't come out at all."

Hawkmoon 269 here just about owns everything. I remember an interview from that era when Bono said he considered that song as the greatest rock and roll they had ever made. I would not argue with this.

Hawkmoon 269 here just about owns everything. I remember an interview from that era when Bono said he considered that song as the greatest rock and roll they had ever made. I would not argue with this.

Me neither. My one hope for the upcoming tour is that they don't just focus on JT material but also realise Lovetown had a pretty damn good couple of live gems. If they play Hawkmoon live again I can die a happy woman.

Amen Ax, amen...:yes:

Honestly, I'd be surprised if U2 remember that this stuff exists... probably haven't watched this footage since 1989

Surprisingly Bono did remember in 2010. He talked about it during the second Sydney 360 show before they played All I Want is You and Love Rescue Me. He even name dropped the director, Richard Lowenstein, and how some shows were even cancelled due to his throat issues.

Surprisingly Bono did remember in 2010. He talked about it during the second Sydney 360 show before they played All I Want is You and Love Rescue Me. He even name dropped the director, Richard Lowenstein, and how some shows were even cancelled due to his throat issues.
True! I'd forgotten about that

There's also this version of Desire from 2001 with Hawkmoon and RTSS snippets

Somebody needs to lock them in a vault with Lovetown material and say "see, remember when you were good? Come out as cool as this or don't come out at all."

Definitely, the version of Hawkmoon here is one of U2's greatest live moments and Edge's solo on Desire is one of the best things he's solos he's ever played.

Apart from Desire, Angel of Harlem and All I Want is You..

Van Diemen's Land played once since 1993
When Love Comes to Town played seven times since 1993
Love Rescue Me played four times since 1990
Hawkmoon and God Part II only played on Lovetown
Heartland never played

Apart from Desire, Angel of Harlem and All I Want is You..

Van Diemen's Land played once since 1993
When Love Comes to Town played seven times since 1993
Love Rescue Me played four times since 1990
Hawkmoon and God Part II only played on Lovetown
Heartland never played

In the recent Rolling Stone interview, Edge said specifically that the U.S. shows on this tour would have related material to go along with the full JT album. I don't think Heartland getting resurrected is far-fetched.

And it was mentioned on that now infamous q&a video, so they haven't forgotten it at least.

Back
Top Bottom