Love Comes Tumbling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2387

Refugee
I have found that when the leak madness gets to be too much, too repetitive, etc, that we have a great back catalog and YouTube to help us re discover whatever we want from U2! I have been doing alot of B sides recently and Love Comes Tumbling is my current addiction.

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any truth to the rumors that Eno played bass on this and someone(not Larry) played drums? It definitelty sounds like Adam and Larry to me.

Thank you all in advance!

Don't know about those rumours, but what a cracking song Love Comes Tumbling is. :drool:

Quite beautiful, enchanting vocal by Bono, and exemplifies that trademark ambience Eno so effectively adapted to the U2 sound.

That said, as good as the song is, I reckon it would've sounded out of place on TUF, an album in which the sum was greater than it's parts, and as good as this part might have been, the sum would not have been as great....

Well, I think there's no justifiable reason for "Love Comes Tumbling", "Three Sunrises", and "Bass Trap" (esp. the latter two which fit the album perfectly) not being on Unforgettable Fire. If you've got great songs, put 'em on! And especially when "4th of July" and "Elvis Presley and America" (has there ever been a worse title for a song?) made the cut -- those are interesting tracks, but nowhere near the three that didn't make it.

I've always wondered if perhaps "Love Comes" and "Three Sunrises" were not ready in time for the album, which Island was pressurizing them to release quickly. But there's plenty of footage of them rehearsing "Three Sunrises" it in the UF documentary, so. . .

Love Comes Tumbling, Three Sunrises and Boomerang 2 are all good enough to feature on The Unforgettable Fire, but Elvis Presley and America is a truly beautiful song and fully deserves it's place on TUF, I find it incredibly uplifting, personally speaking.

Love Comes Tumbling, Three Sunrises and Boomerang 2 are all good enough to feature on The Unforgettable Fire, but Elvis Presley and America is a truly beautiful song and fully deserves it's place on TUF, I find it incredibly uplifting, personally speaking.

I also completely agree. Such a beautiful song. UF is the only album that you can literally close your eyes and have take you places. JT comes close, though.

I think UF would be a much better album if they did a direct swap for Wire and Elvis Presley with Love Comes Tumbling and Three Sunrises. In fact, I may just set that up right now and check it out :)

Back
Top Bottom