Looking for a Zooropa article

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cdirani

War Child
Not sure if this is the correct forum section, but there you go. If it's not, I apologise.
I'm looking for an article on the Zooropa album that mentions the unreleased song In Cold Blood. There's only a snippet of this on Hotpress site (complete only for subscribers)

thanks!

THE MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR

THE MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR

...IS COMING TO TAKE YOU AWAY! WHEN JOE JACKSON WENT TO INTERVIEW BONO AT U2'S SECRET DUBLIN RECORDING BASE, HE HAD NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT. WHAT HE GOT WAS A CRAZY ROLLERCOASTER RIDE THROUGH THE EXTRAORDINARY WORK-IN-PROGRESS WHICH WILL BECOME U2'S FOLLOW-UP TO THE ACCLAIMED "ACHTUNG BABY!", WITH BONO AT THE WHEEL AND AN UNSEEN PRESENCE WORKING THE ACCELERATOR LIKE A DEMON. "RECORDS SHOULD BE MORE OF A TRIP," SAYS THE MAN IN THE WRAPAROUND SHADES. FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELTS THEN. THIS WILL BE NO ORDINARY RECORD. AND THIS IS NO ORDINARY INTERVIEW

Bono vs. The Beast

Silencing the DAT machine and switching on his PowerBook, he brings up his "Lyrics" file, and says, "I wrote this piece called 'In Cold Blood.' I probably will recite it during the show. But this is as I wrote it, I haven't rewritten anything." He recites the following:

I read a book once, called In Cold Blood. Pages of fact did me no good. I read it like a blind man, in cold blood.

So the story of a three-year-old child. Raped of soldiers, though she'd already died, Made the mother watch as they fucked her in the mud. I'm reading the story now, in cold blood.

More now coming off the wire City surrounded, funeral pyre Life is cheaper than talking about it People choke on their politicians' vomit.

On cable television I saw a woman weep Live, by satellite, from a flood-ridden street Boy mistaken for a wastepaper bin Body that a child used to live in.

I saw plastic explosives and an alarm clock And the wrong men sitting in the dock Karma is a word I never understood How God could take a four-year-old in cold blood.

I live by a beach, but it feels like New York I hear about 10 murders before I get to work. What's it going to be, Lord, fire or flood? An act of mercy or in cold blood?

I assume so, it was the only result that came up when I did a quick search. It's also brought up in U2 At The End of the World, I believe.

Yeah, I got it. I've been reading several articles that they simply change the title round. One example is a piece on NLOTH on Rolling Stone that got republished for the Independent.ie, written by Brian Hiatt.
By the way, that's quite a cool article.
Thanks again.

Yeah, I got it. I've been reading several articles that they simply change the title round. One example is a piece on NLOTH on Rolling Stone that got republished for the Independent.ie, written by Brian Hiatt.
By the way, that's quite a cool article.
Thanks again.

Ah right, sure. No worries. :)

Back
Top Bottom