Looking for a Zooropa article - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 12:48 AM
Looking for a Zooropa article

Not sure if this is the correct forum section, but there you go. If it's not, I apologise.
I'm looking for an article on the Zooropa album that mentions the unreleased song In Cold Blood. There's only a snippet of this on Hotpress site (complete only for subscribers)

thanks!

THE MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR

Quote:
THE MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR

...IS COMING TO TAKE YOU AWAY! WHEN JOE JACKSON WENT TO INTERVIEW BONO AT U2'S SECRET DUBLIN RECORDING BASE, HE HAD NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT. WHAT HE GOT WAS A CRAZY ROLLERCOASTER RIDE THROUGH THE EXTRAORDINARY WORK-IN-PROGRESS WHICH WILL BECOME U2'S FOLLOW-UP TO THE ACCLAIMED "ACHTUNG BABY!", WITH BONO AT THE WHEEL AND AN UNSEEN PRESENCE WORKING THE ACCELERATOR LIKE A DEMON. "RECORDS SHOULD BE MORE OF A TRIP," SAYS THE MAN IN THE WRAPAROUND SHADES. FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELTS THEN. THIS WILL BE NO ORDINARY RECORD. AND THIS IS NO ORDINARY INTERVIEW

cdirani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:39 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:18 PM
Bono vs. The Beast

Quote:
Silencing the DAT machine and switching on his PowerBook, he brings up his "Lyrics" file, and says, "I wrote this piece called 'In Cold Blood.' I probably will recite it during the show. But this is as I wrote it, I haven't rewritten anything." He recites the following:

I read a book once, called In Cold Blood. Pages of fact did me no good. I read it like a blind man, in cold blood.

So the story of a three-year-old child. Raped of soldiers, though she'd already died, Made the mother watch as they fucked her in the mud. I'm reading the story now, in cold blood.

More now coming off the wire City surrounded, funeral pyre Life is cheaper than talking about it People choke on their politicians' vomit.

On cable television I saw a woman weep Live, by satellite, from a flood-ridden street Boy mistaken for a wastepaper bin Body that a child used to live in.

I saw plastic explosives and an alarm clock And the wrong men sitting in the dock Karma is a word I never understood How God could take a four-year-old in cold blood.

I live by a beach, but it feels like New York I hear about 10 murders before I get to work. What's it going to be, Lord, fire or flood? An act of mercy or in cold blood?

The Sad Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:56 AM   #3
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Thanks!
But is it the same article?
cheers
Old 10-29-2009, 09:03 AM   #4
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdirani View Post
Thanks!
cheers
As you can see from the credits, it probably is:
Bono vs. The Beast
A Guided Tour Through U2's New Album

Musician, August 01, 1993
By: Joe Jackson
Popmartijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:14 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Thanks!
cheers
I assume so, it was the only result that came up when I did a quick search. It's also brought up in U2 At The End of the World, I believe.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #6
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
I assume so, it was the only result that came up when I did a quick search. It's also brought up in U2 At The End of the World, I believe.
Yeah, I got it. I've been reading several articles that they simply change the title round. One example is a piece on NLOTH on Rolling Stone that got republished for the Independent.ie, written by Brian Hiatt.
By the way, that's quite a cool article.
Thanks again.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:28 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Yeah, I got it. I've been reading several articles that they simply change the title round. One example is a piece on NLOTH on Rolling Stone that got republished for the Independent.ie, written by Brian Hiatt.
By the way, that's quite a cool article.
Thanks again.
Ah right, sure. No worries.