Live in Paris DVD release official

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kind of shows what YouTube has done to my excitement about DVD's. All the way up to the Vertigo Tour, I'd preorder the crap out of these. Now, it doesn't even register on my radar.

I hope they have a different version of City of Blinding Lights. Im sorry but I thought the guy on stage was rather creepy.

That part was creepy. I don't care what anyone says or how that person was doing '______' to get on stage, that part just came across as creepy. :shifty:

I was going to preorder the DVD on Amazon, but it said I'd have it by June 14th. Fuck that, I want it on the 10th!

I was going to use my 25% to by the sooper dooper box set, but as I can't, I've opted for the cheaper DVD, so they basically lost 40 odd quid from me by not offering the discount.

There is already some terrible editing from the clip of I Will Follow thats floating around on Youtube or Vero or whatever that other video streaming thing is. :sigh:

edit: which was already posted in the thread.

The super deluxe box set (with the three discs and the lightbulb usb) says that it comes with a card with a download code on it...so If I bought that I'd have a dvd, a blu-Ray, and a digital copy?? I'm really just paying for the dog tags, the USB lightbulb, and that 64 page book....I don't know. I'd almost rather just buy the iTunes digital deluxe copy.

I'm surprisingly meh about this release... while I got the big expensive boxset of the Rose Bowl release.. I'm nto sure if I'm gonna get this. Hamish has his style that I don't really fancy, I didn't connect much to the album... sure it'll be good to watch, but these days you might as well just find it on Youtube.

Surprisingly I'm very excited about this release. I did not see the Paris show on HBO, so this will be new to me. That said I'm rummaging through all my U2 Live DVD's...got Zoo TV from Sydney on now...:rockon:

I forgot what a great show Sydney, 1993 was...:applaud:

I hope they have a different version of City of Blinding Lights. Im sorry but I thought the guy on stage was rather creepy.

Fuck yes it was. The version from the night before was just less creepy enough that I'd prefer it replace the one from the HBO gig. Hell, make the concert a mix of the best PERFORMANCES of the respective songs.

Screw the purists.

Fuck yes it was. The version from the night before was just less creepy enough that I'd prefer it replace the one from the HBO gig. Hell, make the concert a mix of the best PERFORMANCES of the respective songs.

Screw the purists.
Haha, many of the COBL guys were a bit creepy / weird. I haven't seen the HBO show, so I don't know this particular guy. But in any case Bono had a weird taste of guys for that song...

I don't even know why that creeped me out. Most things don't, but that definitely did.

I just watched it. Very odd. If there are reports of missing / mutilated cats around Paris, I know where I start my investigation

To be fair I wouldn't have a clue what to do if I were in his position. I'd most likely just ask to sit down and watch performance from there.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think it's a mix of that (not knowing what else to do) as well as the guy looking like he's about to lick Bono.

Well having the leaked Pro shots of the 3 shows, really not excited about this one at all......As I already have seen all 3 shows multiple times and quality was already quite excellent. Actually I liked the Dec 6 show a bit more.

Well having the leaked Pro shots of the 3 shows, really not excited about this one at all......As I already have seen all 3 shows multiple times and quality was already quite excellent. Actually I liked the Dec 6 show a bit more.

I know the previous night was leaked... but a third one is out?

The one from November 11th was the first one to leak. Shortly after the concert. You can find it also on u2torrents

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yeah, I just came back to ask that. It doesn't look like Edge plays here. Maybe it's a backing track and they stripped it out for the DVD because it would be too obvious? In any case, it needs to be in there as it's the best part of the song.
The solo was canned live. Edge played rhythm guitar. Looks like they got rid of the canned solo in the DVD.

Back
Top Bottom