List of Books U2/Bono have recommend over the years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HisFlyness

The Fly
Does anyone know where I can find such a list? I know Bono's recommended things like The Message, of books by Phillip Yancey, etc...but does anyone have a master list of all things recommended or we know they have read?

Thanks in advance!

Edge recommended "The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat".

Incidentally, Travis' classic "The Man Who" album took it's name ffrom that same book.

Bono three favorite books:

Goddelusion.jpg

Letter_to_a_Christian_Nation_-_Sam_Harris.jpg

flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg

Bono three favorite books:

MUCH AFEIST BOWKS

Okay, I think the Sam Harris book is great, but this is no place to push your agenda.

(Although it's still a better gag than if you posted a Muppets book and claimed that Bono recommended it during Lovetown, which I was actually expecting).

Didn't Bono quote Jack Kerouac's "On The Road" during the intro to Streets at Point Depot 12-30-89??? I absolutely love that book :love:

Screwtape Letters is brilliant.

Lord of the flies heavily influenced Boy as did Songs of Innocence and Experience.

Didn't Bono quote Jack Kerouac's "On The Road" during the intro to Streets at Point Depot 12-30-89???

Correct.

I reckon the quote of William Wordsworth's Resolution And Independence over the intro of Streets on 26 December 1989 was even better.

Correct.

I reckon the quote of William Wordsworth's Resolution And Independence over the intro of Streets on 26 December 1989 was even better.

I love that intro. "Take me...take me!" :up:

To go along with Kerouac, I'd venture a guess that any Beat literature might be a safe bet, particularly probably Ginsberg and Burroughs since the band has worked with both (Drunk Chicken/America, LNOE video).

Correct.

best intro ever.

best Streets ever.

best U2 live song ever.

Screwtape Letters is brilliant.

Lord of the flies heavily influenced Boy as did Songs of Innocence and Experience.

I agree. Screwtape Letters is brilliant. I read this book years ago. I thought it was cool. When, I heard that Bono had read it too.

Don't know about Bono's entire reading list. But, here is one. I think is a great one, especially if you like Screwtape Letters.

Purgatory by Dante

Oh, almost forgot. I think Bono has also read "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter." I forgot who the author is, but I believe, it is a collection of short stories.

Screwtape is awesome. The Picture of Dorian Gray is another good one to read... it almost sounds as if it's written by MacPhisto at times. And I know that Oscar Wilde was a major inspiration for MacP, so it works.

Edge has read The Big Answers to the Galaxy or whatever it's called. The book about 42 and some mail and whatnot.

Does anyone know where I can find such a list? I know Bono's recommended things like The Message, of books by Phillip Yancey, etc...but does anyone have a master list of all things recommended or we know they have read?

Thanks in advance!

"What's So Amazing About Grace" is the one by Yancey. I also, read this a few years back. Before, I even knew it was on Bono's reading list.

Back
Top Bottom