Liam Gallagher has a few digs at U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadForIt

Refugee
I would not take it seriously
lets face it - His new album is due in a few months so he is just doing the usual to stay in the public eye

CANOE -- JAM! Music: Liam Gallagher rips U2

Oasis star Liam Gallagher has taken aim at rockers U2 - insisting he has never met a true fan of the band.
The singer's brother Noel has previously slammed the musicians for turning their gigs into a guilt trip for fans by using the shows to talk about politics.
Now his sibling has blasted the Beautiful Day hitmakers, because he's convinced the group must pay people to come to their concerts to "make them look good".
He says, "I have never seen a U2 fan. I have never seen anyone with a U2 shirt or been around someone's house that has a f---ing U2 record. Where do their fans f---ing come from? Where are they? "I reckon they buy them. With all the money they've made, they just bought a load of people and every time they do a gig they get a shovel and pile them into their gigs to make them look good."

AND

Liam Gallagher has attacked U2 and Coldplay's dress sense. The former Oasis singer said he hates what the bands wear onstage, and the fact they've been styled. "I can tell bands who've been styled a mile off. U2?" he explained, adding: "There's no way you bought that jacket is there, Bono? Coldplay, they're at it too."

:lol:

I always thought Liam Gallagher looked like the average Manchester hobo.

I would not take it seriously
lets face it - His new album is due in a few months so he is just doing the usual to stay in the public eye

Madforit, is he really going on with Oasis2.0, is he starting a new band or is he going solo, like Noel ?

Madforit, is he really going on with Oasis2.0, is he starting a new band or is he going solo, like Noel ?

Liam's new band will not be called Oasis
but will include all the former members except Noel

He said they will have an album out by July 2010
Still no new name for the band but it wont be Oasis or Oasis2.0

Even though it is silly stuff, I want to take issue with the fact he thinks U2 buy fans with all of the money they have made. Where did the money to buy them come from Liam?

Used to be quite a big Oasis fan but Liam is swiftly turning into a bit of a joke - anyone see him get owned by Peter Kay at this year's Brits (and then via Twitter had a go at him for not slagging him to his face.......hello? :huh:) At the end of the day though, he's been taking the piss out of other bands for years, its all part of his act and sometimes he is quite funny with it.

Oasis had some great music in the 90's, i have several of their songs on my ipod. They have always been "characters" so i wouldn't read too much into their idiotic comments. Liam is probably drunk and won't remember any of this. At one time, Oasis opened a PoPMart show for u2 somewhere on the west coast i think. I wanna say San Francisco but i could be wrong. Anyway Liam or his brother would say that u2 was the biggest band in the world or something like that. There seemed to be a lot of praise, so i wouldnt take these comments seriously, maybe (definitely) just a joke.

:lmao: I was LMAO at the "buy the fans" thing.:lol: Even if he's doing it for purposes of exposing himself or his band he needs to just chill out and accept the fact that U2 are a HUGELY successful band. Sometimes people get jealous because someone is more popular and successful than they are. I'm pretty sure U2 has become Numb :)D) to insults and the like.

BTW Liam, I wear my U2 shirts all the time and have the records in my house and my car too.:tongue:

LMFAO That was the funniest thing i've read in a long while! Thanks for the great laugh Liam! Really U2 buying their fans??????? and if they had to buy their fans? where the hell do they get all the money from? Hahahahahah that was so funny dang!!!!

That dumbass is just about to find out how worthless he is without his talented brother carrying him. He could learn a lot from U2. Oasis had 2 successful albums, then a 3rd album which sold a lot but then everybody hated, and they haven't bounced back at all from that ever since.

Oasis had some great music in the 90's, i have several of their songs on my ipod. They have always been "characters" so i wouldn't read too much into their idiotic comments. Liam is probably drunk and won't remember any of this. At one time, Oasis opened a PoPMart show for u2 somewhere on the west coast i think. I wanna say San Francisco but i could be wrong. Anyway Liam or his brother would say that u2 was the biggest band in the world or something like that. There seemed to be a lot of praise, so i wouldnt take these comments seriously, maybe (definitely) just a joke.

No, ur right. They opened the two PopMart shows after "Be Here Now" was released (which is my favorite album of theirs)

SMB

The ultimate irony is that *I* have never met anyone that has an Oasis CD or T-shirt or anything. So where are THEIR fans. :sexywink:

Oasis had some in the early and mid-90's, but after that, eh. Talk to today's kids about Oasis and it's "who?" A least today's kids have heard of U2 in some capacity.

Also, Liam, if you want to see some U2 merchandise, come to my house. Or better yet, visit the thread in this forum about "U2 Shrines". Then you'll see plenty of U2 items! :)

Silly, silly, Liam... :wink:

P.S. I do not own any Oasis items. I watched them on MTV when their first album was released and felt their stuff was great. Then they opened their mouths. They declared themselves better than the Beatles! Humor or not, I was so turned off by this audacity that I refused to ever give them my $$.

Liam never liked U2. Noel gave them quite a bit of praise. None the less somebody should give Liam a good swift kick in the nuts, it wouldn't bother me at all.

Oh, so that's why I got that pay-check from U2 just a few days after going to the concert in Gothenburg. :up:

Coming from a person who's band failed. :lol:

Hmmm, not quite sure you could go that far.

Any band who has made albums as loved by people (in the UK at least) as Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory certainly hasn't failed.

Back
Top Bottom