Liam Gallagher

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rennowba

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Liam's having another pop at u2 again

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mi...iam-gallagher-says-its-insulting-10912898.amp

Think he is missing the point that u2 have done everything they have done their way not by constantly being in the press or living the so called rock n roll lifestyle. Think that's what makes u2's achievements more special, let's face it a band with 3 born again christians in and being very clean cut being the biggest band in the world doesn't add up in today's society. But u2 done it and they did it their way.

Plus Liam's got a new record coming out so he knows slagging u2 off will get him some press. He ain't stupid.

Love oasis myself. 2nd favourite band. in the uk I'd 100% say oasis in their prime were bigger then u2. They changed Britain really. Only the uk though. They were big elsewhere but in England they were untouchable. Never really made it in the states did they. Honestly don't think they could be bothered putting the work in touring wise. They could of and should of done it but they didn't.

3 Born Again Christians in U2? Nope

Oasis in their prime? You mean a whole 2 years? '94-'96?

Good grief. :|

Bono, Larry and edge are all Christian aren't they?

Probably go 94-97, be here now was a huge album. In England oasis were huge, bigger then u2 have ever been in the uk. If it's only 2-3 years then so be it but oasis in their prime we're bigger here

Liam's the Trump of music. He's playing the populist these days; at his height he liked to brag about how big and rich he was, now he's trying to pretend he's one of the people. He's had several interviews where he attacks his brother and Bono about being rich and out of touch, while he tries to pretend he's a musician and s fashion designer.

I guess he's still pissed off that Bono kissed and never called :shrug:

Last edited:
Liam's the Trump of music. He's playing the populist these days; at his height he liked to brag about how big and rich he was, now he's trying to pretend he's one of the people. He's had several interviews where he attacks his brother and Bono about being rich and out of touch, while he tries to pretend he's a musician and s fashion designer.

Great shout. Liam's trying to be the voice of the working class from the things he has been saying.

Thing is for me oasis we're working class heros. Their early songs growing up as a kid from a working class backgrounds were songs I and many other could relate to. Once they released all these songs and the songs wasn't about partying/growing up etc etc that's when their quality went.

Great shout. Liam's trying to be the voice of the working class from the things he has been saying.

Thing is for me oasis we're working class heros. Their early songs growing up as a kid from a working class backgrounds were songs I and many other could relate to. Once they released all these songs and the songs wasn't about partying/growing up etc etc that's when their quality went.

I've always been curious about this image, was it just because they talked about their "working class" background so much in interviews? I mean they didn't write about anything specific to the working class, and there's a big percentage of musicians that came from the same background.

Hardly thread worthy. Liam naturally likes to get a rise out of others/attention, and for the most part it's a pointless exercise to be riled up by what he says.

album to promote plus sibling rivalry...

they were never universally loved in Britain though - remember the Blur/Oasis wars of the mid-90s? i was DEFINITELY a Blur girl - Oasis are just a jumped up pub band in my humble opinion, they're the Status Quo of BritPop! (they did write a few good tunes but they all sound the same really) whereas Blur are just amazing :D

although, have to say i was pretty impressed with Noel's performance in Paris - was pleasantly surprised! :up:

Last edited:
I've always been curious about this image, was it just because they talked about their "working class" background so much in interviews? I mean they didn't write about anything specific to the working class, and there's a big percentage of musicians that came from the same background.

they wrote about trying to live well in the absence of money or opportunity, at least at first.

Liam's always been a populist, and ragging on Noel and Bono's celebrity pals is fair game

they wrote about trying to live well in the absence of money or opportunity, at least at first.
Wow, never saw that, but I guess I took their lyrics as seriously as Noel did; "just words that rhyme".

Liam's always been a populist, and ragging on Noel and Bono's celebrity pals is fair game

No one said it wasn't, just hypocritical.

album to promote plus sibling rivalry...

they were never universally loved in Britain though - remember the Blur/Oasis wars of the mid-90s? i was DEFINITELY a Blur girl - Oasis are just a jumped up pub band in my humble opinion, they're the Status Quo of BritPop! (they did write a few good tunes but they all sound the same really) whereas Blur are just amazing :D

although, have to say i was pretty impressed with Noel's performance in Paris - was pleasantly surprised! :up:

Blur won that war aswell by beating roll with it to number one but oasis definitely won the war when they released morning glory. I don't think anyone is ever universally loved but oasis were pretty close. The knebworth gigs were huge, their was that much demand they reckon they could of played for a week there. 125,000 a night. I'd say oasis were a mix of the Beatles and slade. They wasn't anything new was they

Got to agree with this. songs like cigarettes and alcohol, rock n roll star, supersonic etc were for me written about not having much cash but still going out there and having it. Making the best of what you had. About going out and having a good time. Soundtrack to a generation really

I was an Oasis fan in the 90s, but my feelings for the two could not be more polar. I love Noel - brilliant songwriter, performer, and his banter is always on point. If it is mean, it is probably deserved, but usually it is tongue in cheek. Liam is a massive tool, who uses his massive gob to make up for his massive lack of talent.

I was an Oasis fan in the 90s, but my feelings for the two could not be more polar. I love Noel - brilliant songwriter, performer, and his banter is always on point. If it is mean, it is probably deserved, but usually it is tongue in cheek. Liam is a massive tool, who uses his massive gob to make up for his massive lack of talent.

Thing is though, Noel is the brains 100% but without Liam as a frontman there's no way on earth oasis would have worked or got as big as they did. They needed each other for it to be what it was. Noel on stage doesn't really have any stage presence, where as Liam you can't take your eyes off the bloke. Got so much charisma and all he does is stand there. If Liam was the brains and Noel was the lead man then i really cannot see how oasis would have been half as big.

I've always said this all the great frontmen from jagger to Freddie to bono. They have to do things to get your attention. If they stood there doing nothing they really wouldn't have the same impact. Where as Liam comes out does nothing but stare at the crowd yet he has the same command of an audience then any other frontman I've seen. So who is the better frontman the man who does all sorts of crazy shit to get attention or the man who does nothing at all but still gets all the attention??

Thing is though, Noel is the brains 100% but without Liam as a frontman there's no way on earth oasis would have worked or got as big as they did. They needed each other for it to be what it was. Noel on stage doesn't really have any stage presence, where as Liam you can't take your eyes off the bloke. Got so much charisma and all he does is stand there. If Liam was the brains and Noel was the lead man then i really cannot see how oasis would have been half as big.

I've always said this all the great frontmen from jagger to Freddie to bono. They have to do things to get your attention. If they stood there doing nothing they really wouldn't have the same impact. Where as Liam comes out does nothing but stare at the crowd yet he has the same command of an audience then any other frontman I've seen. So who is the better frontman the man who does all sorts of crazy shit to get attention or the man who does nothing at all but still gets all the attention??

No doubt they wouldn't have been as big. Still, Liam is nothing without Noel, whereas Noel has the HFBs, and they are freaking great.

It wouldn't surprise me if Noel hooks up with Bono for a one-night stand just to piss Liam off.

It DOES surprise me that I haven't heard any potato jokes yet from Liam, considering U2 is Irish.

Yeah.... his obsession with calling his brother a potato is bewildering.

At least take the logical, if not, predictable route in making Irish potato jokes.

Liams not the brightest button now, is he?
He's also not a very good singer and his solo stuff is dire.

Liam performed for 15 min at Lollapalooza before walking off stage.

Erratic behavior.... slagging everyone off... hmmmm, I wonder why this could be. :hmm:

It wouldn't surprise me if Noel hooks up with Bono for a one-night stand just to piss Liam off.

It DOES surprise me that I haven't heard any potato jokes yet from Liam, considering U2 is Irish.

Liam and Noel have Irish parents so I doubt they'd go down the potato joke road, but I guess you ever know with Liam.

Back
Top Bottom