Lemon Cover Band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know... if a cover band in Chile can do it...so can they...
That's what leaves me sad about U2. Tribute bands make amazing, stunning, awesome covers of U2 songs. Instead, U2 chooses to please the average concert-go-see fan that knows 1/4 of their catalogue and offers a setlist full of tired and uninspired hits.
When they offer us some rare pears, they do not always work live (Electrical Storm, Your Blue Room, the most recent examples).
Seems that the band is not even interested in revisiting most of their past catalogue, unless it's big hits or classic songs in U2 shows.
It's sad that tribute bands can do great versions of "Heartland", "Being Born", "Acrobat", etc and U2 doesn't even seem interested about trying.

We only have one half-acoustic "Acrobat" that even seems improvised. Does that mean that they really rehearsed it intensively?

This proves my point. You are only speculating on the soundchecks that we know of... there are hundreds that we don't.

I thought I read somewhere that they wanted to open the zoo TV sets with Acrobat, but maybe I'm wrong

It would never work in such show concept like ZooTv was.
Plus, in terms of texture and intensity, "Acrobat" is more a late-setlist song than a show opener...

...The exact same reason why "Breathe" is a bad opener too.

I absolutely agree with you on Acrobat but Breathe is an awesome opener. It's intense and really works up the crowd.

Them Chile guys are pretty darn enjoyable. Ad certainly pay to spned the night listening to em!:up:

As would I. Not only do they sound great, but they don't dress up as the band/attempt to act like them like most U2 cover acts I see videos of, which is a plus in my book.

I know U2 would never do a whole tour like this, but I wish they would do some theater shows for fan club members only. The one stipulation is that they cannot play anything off U218!! Then release a fan-club only DVD of these shows. That would really be something of great value to fans that pay a crapload for memberships, instead of another lame remix cd. I would travel to New York, London or Dublin for these shows if I needed to!

I would love to see that band in Chile. I agree it's a plus that they don't try to act/look like U2, just play the tunes. Sadly, those guys probably are better musicians than the members of U2, and that's why they can play more of these songs U2 can't pull off. But I think if U2 didn't have to satisfy a stadium full of people, they could play these songs.

I absolutely agree with you on Acrobat but Breathe is an awesome opener. It's intense and really works up the crowd.

I wish they'd use NLOTH to open but I liked Breathe opening. :shrug:

The long drum intro and its energy makes it suitable for opening - either the show or the encore.

That's what leaves me sad about U2. Tribute bands make amazing, stunning, awesome covers of U2 songs. Instead, U2 chooses to please the average concert-go-see fan that knows 1/4 of their catalogue and offers a setlist full of tired and uninspired hits.
When they offer us some rare pears, they do not always work live (Electrical Storm, Your Blue Room, the most recent examples).
Seems that the band is not even interested in revisiting most of their past catalogue, unless it's big hits or classic songs in U2 shows.
It's sad that tribute bands can do great versions of "Heartland", "Being Born", "Acrobat", etc and U2 doesn't even seem interested about trying.

Because we have a right to demand that U2 please us, 5% of their audience, and allow the 95% of their audience to riot?

They've gave us Electrical Storm, Your Blue Room, Ultraviolet, and TUF this year. Only the latter seems to interests the majority of audiences at all, and, in stadiums, I'm not sure how much they can do if they want to showcase the new album at all, which I certainly want them to do.

I would love to see that band in Chile. I agree it's a plus that they don't try to act/look like U2, just play the tunes. Sadly, those guys probably are better musicians than the members of U2, and that's why they can play more of these songs U2 can't pull off. But I think if U2 didn't have to satisfy a stadium full of people, they could play these songs.

wtf? That is such a ridiculous statement I don't even know where to begin....these are just cover bands....U2 wrote the actual song! It's funny how much fans assume....the reality is, we have no idea how often U2 play/practice old/rare songs....they could have played acrobat, heartland, red hill mining town, luminous times, hallelujah, when I look at the world, and lemon 3 times each last week and we would have no idea...not everything they do is officially documented or announced to the world...and when U2 is deciding whether or not to include a song like this in the setlist (or any song, for that matter), they are considering things that we aren't even aware of.

Why these songs deserve to be in U2 discography and do not deserve to be played live only once? :huh: :sad:

Back
Top Bottom